ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Kanrocksas Music Festival (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244335)

MoreLemonPledge 04-25-2011 02:13 PM

Kanrocksas Music Festival

Awful, awful name, but it's a new music festival that runs August 5-6 at Kansas Speedway in KCK. Lineup includes Muse, Eminem, The Black Keys, The Flaming Lips, The Arctic Monkeys, A Perfect Circle, Kid Cudi, Girl Talk, Flogging Molly, Jack's Mannequin, and apparently there are more that they haven't yet announced.

$179/ticket ($159 early bird) and they go on sale tomorrow. Parking and camping are free.

I figured it would be a much cheaper alternative to Outside Lands, which I was really considering going to. The lineup isn't as good, but I can deal with that since it's 20 miles from home.

Anyone else interested?

http://www.kanrocksas.com/

DMAC 04-25-2011 02:15 PM

Sorry...Kanrocksas?

MoreLemonPledge 04-25-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7590140)
Sorry...Kanrocksas?

Yes, absolutely horrible name.

Pablo 04-25-2011 08:06 PM

I will be there. Lineup works for me.

Fish 04-25-2011 08:13 PM

Pretty solid lineup..... might be fun...

blazzin311 04-25-2011 11:08 PM

Yea that's a pretty damned solid lineup so far from top to bottom. I'm thinking I'll be back in town for this festival.

Reaper16 04-25-2011 11:11 PM

Terrible name. But I'm sort of proud of the festival because a friend of mine did the booking for the festival. She's been in the concert promotion biz for three years or so, and this is easily her biggest project yet.

Chiefspants 04-26-2011 12:15 AM

Seeing that Opeth just signed on for the Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee, (a festival which also booked Eminem and the Black Keys.) I'm going to hold a naive hope that they or Porcupine Tree will sign on for this Kanrockass extravaganza.

RockChalk 04-26-2011 08:35 AM

This lineup is sick. I'm praying that the Foo Fighters join this list since Lolla just announced they are headlining.

I will be there, not sure about the camping part though.

SuperChief 04-26-2011 09:32 AM

My gal and I are going. I think my mom (who I just went with this past summer to see Tool and Alice in Chains/Deftones) might want to go with me as well. Should be a killer time.

Molitoth 04-26-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 7591489)
Seeing that Opeth just signed on for the Bonnaroo music festival in Tennessee, (a festival which also booked Eminem and the Black Keys.) I'm going to hold a naive hope that they or Porcupine Tree will sign on for this Kanrockass extravaganza.

I would probably go just to watch Porcupine Tree or Opeth! :drool: (If they were to get booked)

Otherwise, Muse is great.... and I don't mind Eminem on cd... (Live rap shows are shit).

I've seen APC live twice and they didn't impress me... (Maynard just isn't as cool and mysterious as he was back in Aenima/Lateralus days)

The rest of the lineup I could give 2 shits about.

Priest31kc 04-26-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 7592272)
I would probably go just to watch Porcupine Tree or Opeth! :drool: (If they were to get booked)

Otherwise, Muse is great.... and I don't mind Eminem on cd... (Live rap shows are shit).

I've seen APC live twice and they didn't impress me... (Maynard just isn't as cool and mysterious as he was back in Aenima/Lateralus days)

The rest of the lineup I could give 2 shits about.

You've never seen Tech N9ne live then.

Reaper16 04-26-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 7592489)
You've never seen Tech N9ne live then.

You have to admit, though, that the majority of rap shows are less than stellar. I can count on two hands the number of great rap shows I've seen from non-local acts.

NewChief 04-26-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7592818)
You have to admit, though, that the majority of rap shows are less than stellar. I can count on two hands the number of great rap shows I've seen from non-local acts.

Definitely. No clue why so few rappers can deliver decent sounding vocals outside the studio.

Reaper16 04-26-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 7592903)
Definitely. No clue why so few rappers can deliver decent sounding vocals outside the studio.

Plus, a general lack of passion in a lot of shows. A lot of rappers do shows to get paid; nothing more, nothing less.