ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pussy Control Issues (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269965)

Skyy God 02-12-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9396862)
Pics of said 8.5?

Ah hell no.

morphius 02-12-2013 03:15 PM

We have 2 cats (13,10) and a lab that is 8. The 10 year old fat cat has always disliked the dog, doesn't have anything to do with it. The 13 year old tiny cat hissed at the dog, slapped him upside the head, and now sleeps on the dogs head and they clean each other. The dog was introduced to the same way to both cats. Generally the way I've always understood introductions was to separate them by a door, move items back and forth so that they get used to the smell of the other before they are forced to deal with the other. Even trade sides of the door. Outside of that, good luck!

Skyy God 02-12-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9396857)
Nope, it's just that most of the rest of us can read his OP where he asked for advice "OTHER THAN ANTIFREEZE"

I assume he already tried that and it didn't work

Pawning the cat off on her family is also on the table, but that would be down the road.

tooge 02-12-2013 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
teach your dog this trick.

Skyy God 02-12-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9396867)
We have 2 cats (13,10) and a lab that is 8. The 10 year old fat cat has always disliked the dog, doesn't have anything to do with it. The 13 year old tiny cat hissed at the dog, slapped him upside the head, and now sleeps on the dogs head and they clean each other. The dog was introduced to the same way to both cats. Generally the way I've always understood introductions was to separate them by a door, move items back and forth so that they get used to the smell of the other before they are forced to deal with the other. Even trade sides of the door. Outside of that, good luck!

We've basically tried that once, minus the moving items. Will give it a shot.

Dave Lane 02-12-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9396817)
After a good long dating career, I may have had my last piece of strange. Met a girl at a SB party who's a solid 8.5 (minimum), younger, fun, educated, good job, same values, etc. She's on a 6 month lease, which creates some implications for moving in down the road.

The problem is her cat, pictured below. It was an ill advised gift from an ex (who I'd now like to kick in the balls). Apparently he's destructive, neurotic, eats uncontrollably, and emphatically does not like my dog. This is not my dog's fault, who's pretty mellow and enjoys licking/humping cats. She's attached to it and feels guilty for leaving said cat alone. Which is the natural and empathetic reaction of a well-adjusted person, but it cuts into certain activities and is generally problematic.

So, any advice you can give on dog/cat acclimation or dealing with a psycho cat in general (other than antifreeze) would be very much appreciated.

http://i49.tinypic.com/tapkeo.jpg

You have never met you last piece of strange till you are in the box.

Old Dog 02-12-2013 03:20 PM

The issue I see was already raised by BUMP in post #13.....you met a chick two weeks ago and are talking about moving her in.....you have the thread mis-titled.....it should be "Pussy WHIPPED Issues"

Fish 02-12-2013 03:21 PM

You're not going to change the cat. Either secretly kill it or get used to it's behavior....

Mother****erJones 02-12-2013 03:25 PM

Hire a hitman. Or grab a pillow case put cinderblock in it and throw the cat in the bag into a river or something

DaKCMan AP 02-12-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9396817)
Met a girl at a SB party who's a solid 8.5 (minimum)

Pics or GTFO.

ptlyon 02-12-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 9396866)
Ah hell no.

I'm calling it right now, TV!

silver5liter 02-12-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9396855)
you met a chick at a superbowl party, less than 2 weeks ago, now you want to move in with her? c'mon man.

Or is she preggers already? lol

Thats what I was thinking. Damn

Skyy God 02-12-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9396882)
You have never met you last piece of strange till you are in the box.

You're aware of the distinction between met and had, right?

Skyy God 02-12-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9396884)
The issue I see was already raised by BUMP in post #13.....you met a chick two weeks ago and are talking about moving her in.....you have the thread mis-titled.....it should be "Pussy WHIPPED Issues"

The immediate issue is the cat "cuts into certain activities". Do you need a Rosetta stone to decode that one?

Frosty 02-12-2013 03:34 PM

Good luck controlling a cat.