ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games **** The Official XBox One Discussion Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279053)

Urc Burry 10-11-2016 03:57 PM

The only game I've bought in the last year has been madden. But the next 3 weeks all have a good game coming out. Gears 4, bf1, and skyrim remastered. This is going to be the first BF ive tried. It looks that good

Mr. Plow 10-11-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12478235)
The only game I've bought in the last year has been madden. But the next 3 weeks all have a good game coming out. Gears 4, bf1, and skyrim remastered. This is going to be the first BF ive tried. It looks that good

How is Madden? Same shit, different year?

Pants 10-11-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12477532)
I haven't bought a game in I don't even know how long. Actually, I think the last one was Garden Warfare 2. I've been so desperate for a game to play I went ahead and bought BF1.

I played the shit out of the beta and did not do nearly as well as I used to in BFBC2 and BF3. IDK if my reflexes are getting shittier as I age or whether it's because I haven't played an online FPS since, but man... it just did not feel the same.

Still undecided on BF1.

Mr. Plow 10-12-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12478419)
I played the shit out of the beta and did not do nearly as well as I used to in BFBC2 and BF3. IDK if my reflexes are getting shittier as I age or whether it's because I haven't played an online FPS since, but man... it just did not feel the same.

Still undecided on BF1.

For me, it's a combo of both. I know my reflexes are slower because I'm getting older, but I can tell that not playing as much is a factor as well. Not knowing maps, etc. I'm always dying when I feel like I should be safe.

Then again, I played the most recent COD for awhile and I kept dying because guys would spawn behind me. Games was alright, just couldn't take constantly getting shot from behind because the spawn flipped the moment someone from the other team crossed mid map.

Quesadilla Joe 11-23-2016 07:35 PM

Refurbished Xbox One for $159.99. A refurbished Xbone normally goes for $200

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Ce...red&rmvSB=true

EDIT: They jacked up the price to $189

Dunit35 11-23-2016 07:40 PM

I'd like to buy an Xbox one S. Is it worth it pay the $300 for a 1TB with Battlefield?

I rarely play the 360 anymore.

Mr. Plow 11-24-2016 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 12573710)
I'd like to buy an Xbox one S. Is it worth it pay the $300 for a 1TB with Battlefield?

I rarely play the 360 anymore.

Battlefield 1 is worth it. Doesn't sound like a bad price.

Great Expectations 11-24-2016 08:27 PM

I'd love to trade my one in for an S. How much would that cost me?

thabear04 06-13-2017 06:43 AM

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/11/1...ounced-e3-2017

Xbox One X is Microsoft's next game console, arriving on November 7th for $499

After months of speculation, Microsoft is unveiling its “Project Scorpio” games console today, and it's officially named Xbox One X. Microsoft's Xbox One X naming comes just days after the company trademarked a mysterious S logo, and started dropping Scorpio hints in its E3 teaser videos. Microsoft is planning to launch the Xbox One X on November 7th worldwide, priced at $499.

All existing Xbox One accessories will work on the new Xbox One X — which we got to see first-hand at E3 today — alongside all existing Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles and Xbox One games. Microsoft is planning to use "super sampling" on the One X to make new games look better even on 1080p TVs.

The new console will ship with 6 teraflops of graphical power, more than its main competitor, the PS4 Pro, with 4.2 teraflops. Microsoft is using a custom GPU engine on Scorpio that runs at 1172MHz, a big increase over the Xbox One’s 853MHz and even Sony’s 911MHz found on the PS4 Pro. Microsoft is also shipping the Xbox One X with an Ultra HD Blu-ray drive for 4K movies and entertainment, and 1TB of storage.

Microsoft has previously promised that 900p and 1080p Xbox One games should be able to run at native 4K on the Xbox One X, and that existing Xbox One and 360 games will see a noticeable performance boost. Scorpio also features liquid-cooled vapor-chamber cooling inside, a technology that's used on high-end PC gaming cards like the GTX 1080.

Microsoft says the new Xbox One X is the "smallest Xbox ever," and the black design looks very similar to the existing Xbox One S model. The rear of Microsoft’s new console is based on the Xbox One S, with a HDMI-in port and no dedicated Kinect port. There aren't many external changes over the Xbox One S design, and the X simply gets a little smaller. For now, Microsoft is only shipping the Xbox One X with the black design and 1TB of storage.

One of the first titles for the new console is Forza Motorsport 7, running at native 4K and 60fps. For a closer look at the latest Forza, check out our feature or watch exclusive gameplay below. Forza Motorsport 7 will debut on October 3rd.

Microsoft has 22 "console launch exclusives" arriving on the Xbox One X, including Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsport 7, and Sea of Thieves. Microsoft's Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, introduced a number of new titles and left most of the company's E3 press conference up to the games themselves. Microsoft is even bringing original Xbox games to the Xbox One family, starting with Crimson Skies.

Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct, Halo Wars 2, and Minecraft will all be updated free of charge to 4K support. Microsoft also has more than 30 third-party titles that will be updated with the Xbox One X Enhanced program. The new Xbox One X will now debut worldwide on November 7th, priced at $499, £449, 499 euro, 599 Canadian dollars, and 649 Australian dollars.

Pants 06-13-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 12914284)
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/11/1...ounced-e3-2017

Xbox One X is Microsoft's next game console, arriving on November 7th for $499

After months of speculation, Microsoft is unveiling its “Project Scorpio” games console today, and it's officially named Xbox One X. Microsoft's Xbox One X naming comes just days after the company trademarked a mysterious S logo, and started dropping Scorpio hints in its E3 teaser videos. Microsoft is planning to launch the Xbox One X on November 7th worldwide, priced at $499.

All existing Xbox One accessories will work on the new Xbox One X — which we got to see first-hand at E3 today — alongside all existing Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles and Xbox One games. Microsoft is planning to use "super sampling" on the One X to make new games look better even on 1080p TVs.

The new console will ship with 6 teraflops of graphical power, more than its main competitor, the PS4 Pro, with 4.2 teraflops. Microsoft is using a custom GPU engine on Scorpio that runs at 1172MHz, a big increase over the Xbox One’s 853MHz and even Sony’s 911MHz found on the PS4 Pro. Microsoft is also shipping the Xbox One X with an Ultra HD Blu-ray drive for 4K movies and entertainment, and 1TB of storage.

Microsoft has previously promised that 900p and 1080p Xbox One games should be able to run at native 4K on the Xbox One X, and that existing Xbox One and 360 games will see a noticeable performance boost. Scorpio also features liquid-cooled vapor-chamber cooling inside, a technology that's used on high-end PC gaming cards like the GTX 1080.

Microsoft says the new Xbox One X is the "smallest Xbox ever," and the black design looks very similar to the existing Xbox One S model. The rear of Microsoft’s new console is based on the Xbox One S, with a HDMI-in port and no dedicated Kinect port. There aren't many external changes over the Xbox One S design, and the X simply gets a little smaller. For now, Microsoft is only shipping the Xbox One X with the black design and 1TB of storage.

One of the first titles for the new console is Forza Motorsport 7, running at native 4K and 60fps. For a closer look at the latest Forza, check out our feature or watch exclusive gameplay below. Forza Motorsport 7 will debut on October 3rd.

Microsoft has 22 "console launch exclusives" arriving on the Xbox One X, including Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsport 7, and Sea of Thieves. Microsoft's Xbox chief, Phil Spencer, introduced a number of new titles and left most of the company's E3 press conference up to the games themselves. Microsoft is even bringing original Xbox games to the Xbox One family, starting with Crimson Skies.

Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct, Halo Wars 2, and Minecraft will all be updated free of charge to 4K support. Microsoft also has more than 30 third-party titles that will be updated with the Xbox One X Enhanced program. The new Xbox One X will now debut worldwide on November 7th, priced at $499, £449, 499 euro, 599 Canadian dollars, and 649 Australian dollars.

Basically the equivalent of my gaming PC, which has a GTX 1070 in it, for the price of just a GTX 1070 card. That's a really good ****ing deal.

Urc Burry 06-13-2017 08:15 PM

Noob question. I play on a 6 month old 4K tv. It's not HDR though. Will that be necessary to get everything out of the Xbox one X? I'll probably get it on release still, but wasn't sure how the TV would do

Anyong Bluth 06-13-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 12915436)
Noob question. I play on a 6 month old 4K tv. It's not HDR though. Will that be necessary to get everything out of the Xbox one X? I'll probably get it on release still, but wasn't sure how the TV would do

Throw it out.

Okay, to be honest, 4k is rather negligible unless you have a HUGE screen and closer distance. HDR is actually not gimmicky. If you watch source material shot in HDR, the difference is rather awesome.
Not SD to HD awesome, but it's not an image processing algorithm like cinemotion. It simply is able to expand the color field to better represent the what the natural eye can see.
Notice low levels don't fade out to black, high levels don't wash out white. And the color differentiation really kicks up the details because they don't mush colors, giving better contrast and brightness reproduction.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...83c0f78399.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...537c2d51ae.jpg
This is an Xbox one X comparison shot

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb544e80d0.jpg

The crazy thing is that HDR still only covers 75.8% of the color space. Still lots of room to improve in reproducing what we actually can see in our daily lives.

Pants 06-13-2017 09:48 PM

I wouldn't say that 4K is negligible. Far from it. Very far, actually.

HDR is a must, however.

Third Eye 06-14-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 12915561)
I wouldn't say that 4K is negligible. Far from it. Very far, actually.

HDR is a must, however.

For most people, it really is negligible. Most people still have 40 inch screens. To even notice a difference at that size, you have to be within 5 feet of the tv. 2-3 ft to really max out the difference. Now if you've got a 70+ inch tv, then we can start talking about sitting at a reasonable enough distance and really enjoying what 4K has to offer. That's a pretty small percentage of folks though. Also, this is strictly in reference to resolution, not other tech like HDR.

Pants 06-14-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 12917178)
For most people, it really is negligible. Most people still have 40 inch screens. To even notice a difference at that size, you have to be within 5 feet of the tv. 2-3 ft to really max out the difference. Now if you've got a 70+ inch tv, then we can start talking about sitting at a reasonable enough distance and really enjoying what 4K has to offer. That's a pretty small percentage of folks though. Also, this is strictly in reference to resolution, not other tech like HDR.

Have you seen this chart?

http://i.rtings.com/images/resolutio...ra-hd-size.png

The difference between HD and 4K is greater than SD to HD...

It doesn't seem as jarring as HD to SD because SD was just such shit, but it's still a huge difference. Try going back to 1080 after you see actual 4K source material on a 4K TV...