ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowe on Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271671)

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:26 PM

Ya he'll drop the first pass and say "Oh thats what a pass in stride is!"

Easy 6 04-01-2013 08:26 PM

Sounds like he's being perfectly upbeat, yet pragmatic... heres a guy who's proven a few things, cant wait to help prove it with him.

Bowe haters, they're a hard group to convice, yet all he ever does is talk right in public and act right on the team... he's just a unique kid, glad i've been able to watch him grow and mature with us.

Coogs 04-01-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547718)
Kind of a stupid ****ing question to ask him considering it will be 1 1/2 months before they can even practice together.

They could start playing catch today... but didn't if I understood Reid correctely on Total Access. They will tomorrow the way it sounded.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9547734)
Geno planet

Should be the name of a new Jaguars forum. I will squat on the domain.

DTLB58 04-01-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9547736)
He has yet to have a real QB throw him the ball. The first time he catches the ball in stride he will have a "WTF?!" moment.

Yep. I don't see anything wrong with it. He is just saying, prove it to me HERE, in KC. Then ask me.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9547744)
They could start playing catch today... but didn't if I understood Reid correctely on Total Access. They will tomorrow the way it sounded.

I thought they were just allowed to use facilities. But scheduled practices aren't until. May.

Sassy Squatch 04-01-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547750)
I thought they were just allowed to use facilities. But scheduled practices aren't until. May.

I'm pretty sure if they wanted to throw the ball around they could.

philfree 04-01-2013 08:34 PM

Bowe caught 15 TDs from Cassel in one season. As much as we hate Cassel I'm saying Bowe probably doesn't. He's not going to throw him under the bus. Has Bowe matured a little more?

Coogs 04-01-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9547758)

From the way Reid sounded, they went through the philosophies and some of the things in the playbook today for the guys to study tonight. Sounds like tomorrow they are going tp be able to transfer some of that to the field. Running the pass plays and so forth with no defense type things.

It should be re-played on Total Access which starts in about 20 minutes.

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9547747)
Should be the name of a new Jaguars forum. I will squat on the domain.

Ya that's why you got the Teddy avitar

Mother****erJones 04-01-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9547766)
Bowe caught 15 TDs from Cassel in one season. As much as we hate Cassel I'm saying Bowe probably doesn't. He's not going to throw him under the bus. Has Bowe matured a little more?

Thats why i couldnt believe the previous regime? Bowe was a team player, never spoke out. Played the good foot soldier. Thank god we got a new regime who will take care of players. You can treat players like shit if you got Brady. Just wait til he retires the Pats will be a joke

patteeu 04-01-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

That's what it sounds like to me. He's being careful not to bad mouth the guys who came before while expressing optimism about the future, IMO. I think it was a pretty solid answer.

B14ckmon 04-01-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9547758)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bowe was not referring to catching passes in a game of catch in the back yard.

Fat Elvis 04-01-2013 08:42 PM

I took it completely different than everyone else, apparently. I thought he was trying to not throw Cassel (or any of the other Chiefs QBs throwing him the ball the past several years) under the bus.

Once he develops a chemistry with Smith (which ever one) he can sing their praises all he wants. The fact of the matter is that he hasn't caught ball one from Smith (either one). It seemed like he was being the perfect team player by not disrespecting past QBs while at the same time acknowledging that Alex Smith does come with a pedigree of sorts.

In58men 04-01-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

WTF?

Why does everyone think he's immature or a diva? How ****ing stupid.