ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Competition Committee to true NFL Fans: Get ****ed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285773)

Dayze 08-19-2014 09:01 AM

Fantasy football is a cancer.

KCUnited 08-19-2014 09:02 AM

Complains about rule changes that benefit offenses, rents out entire Buffalo Wild Wings for fantasy draft.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-19-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10831575)
True, this does not help teams that are stuck in 80's style of football.
You know... that game manager style of run the football, checkdowns, kick field goals.

You do realize they scored 35 some points a game the 2nd half of last year right? Fans are dumb.

GoChargers 08-19-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10829394)

Translation: "No dead drives allowed if your name's Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or Brees!"

Discuss Thrower 08-19-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10831630)
Translation: "No dead drives allowed if your name's Peyton, Brady, Rodgers or Brees!"

Last night it was RG3. Redskins got bailed out with three penalties for automatic first downs on third downs.

Eleazar 08-19-2014 09:23 AM

Anybody left who thinks Goodell has been good for the fans?

Nzoner 08-19-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10831604)
The preseason games this year have been unwatchable. You can't go more than three plays without a flag.

The NFL is forgetting its history. Fans like defense. Most of the legendary units were defensive - '85 Bears, the 2000 Ravens, the Steel Curtain, the Purple People Eaters, Fearsome Foursome, etc. On offense, there's what? - the "Greatest Show on Turf" who barely won their Super Bowl?

Seriously - if people want to watch basketball on the gridiron, they can watch Arena Ball.

True fans like defense,as many have already said this is all about fantasy football which brings people to the table who could really give 2 shits about the game.

I was even watching a program recently where a lot of the stadiums are now putting fantasy stats on the scoreboards.

OldSchool 08-19-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10831630)

Pretty much. The NFL wants their marque QBs to win every year, none of that "defense wins championships" deal anymore. They're tired of their star QBs getting thrashed in the big game and want to give Manning the best chance at winning a SB before he retires, that's all this really is.

Frosty 08-19-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10831641)
True fans like defense,as many have already said this is all about fantasy football which brings people to the table who could really give 2 shits about the game.

I was even watching a program recently where a lot of the stadiums are now putting fantasy stats on the scoreboards.

I guess they are going to chase all the true fans away from the National Fantasy League then, :shake:

OldSchool 08-19-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10831637)
Last night it was RG3. Redskins got bailed out with three penalties for automatic first downs on third downs.

Yup, and once RG3 was done, they went to work on bailing out Johnny Football.

Nzoner 08-19-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 10831645)
I guess they are going to chase all the true fans away from the National Fantasy League then, :shake:

They've done a damn good job with me.

GoChargers 08-19-2014 09:29 AM

Part of me wishes that McCoy would just have Rivers chuck deep sideline routes every down to expose how broken these rules are, but then I remember that he isn't an NFL favorite golden-boy and would not be getting bailed out with BS flags.

TEX 08-19-2014 09:30 AM

WHY the **** even bother to play defense? :shake:

Rain Man 08-19-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10831643)
Pretty much. The NFL wants their marque QBs to win every year, none of that "defense wins championships" deal anymore. They're tired of their star QBs getting thrashed in the big game and want to give Manning the best chance at winning a SB before he retires, that's all this really is.

Because that's what the casual fans who watch winning teams want. They only know the names of the quarterbacks, so they get excited in the Super Bowl when they can name both of them, and then they go buy the jerseys. This is the revenue growth model the NFL has, because they're assuming that they'll never lose their core market.

I think they're wrong. Loyalty among their core market is eroding rapidly, and on their current course the NFL is going to end up with a product that can't sell out regular season games and becomes nothing but a bunch of exhibition games and a Super Bowl.

I'm really worried about the future of the sport. Between the marketing mistakes that are impacting the game and the financial stuff with the lawsuits, I think there's a strong chance that the sport as we know it will cease to exist within 20 years.

Frosty 08-19-2014 09:32 AM

Teams are still running draws and screens in 3rd and 15 or more situations. It seems like the best strategy is to throw deep, particularly towards the sideline, as you have a good chance of getting a flag.