ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

Fishpicker 02-10-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icepick64 (Post 9392463)
Just started getting into this game and loving it.

Quick question, what items do yall pick up to bring back to town to sale? only named items or all items? I remember in diablo it was only pick up blue or better

in the first few levels you could anything back to sell to sell to vendors. you get 1/5 of a wisdom scroll for most white items. as you gain levels, that becomes pointless. just grab the blues, yellows, and orange items. ID'ed blues will get you alteration shards. non- ID'ed blues will get you transmutation shards. ID'ed yellows will get you alchemy shards.

you should read through this just to get an idea of the relative value of the currencies http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Currency

TrickyNicky 02-10-2013 09:42 PM

As much as I can ID and determine if its worth vendoring. Early on you bring back as many as you can, and just throw em in unidentified and hope for the best. Here's a recipe list.

This guy's channel gets updated almost daily with PoE videos, and they are full of useful information. This vid gives you an idea of how to use certain items for recipes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8XWOPoek8

Mr. Laz 02-12-2013 09:29 PM

at the beginning you pick up anything you can use. I try to think ahead and pick up stuff a beginning character can use for the next 'class' i'm going to make as well.

but after that I only pick up socket combinations that i need and yellow and orange items.

tbh i haven't found a single orange item since Open Beta though. :(

Bump 02-12-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9398399)
at the beginning you pick up anything you can use. I try to think ahead and pick up stuff a beginning character can use for the next 'class' i'm going to make as well.

but after that I only pick up socket combinations that i need and yellow and orange items.

tbh i haven't found a single orange item since Open Beta though. :(

ya, I was finding uniques on a regular enough basis but I haven't seen one in forever. But my mf isn't that high.

Fishpicker 02-12-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9398399)

i haven't found a single orange item since Open Beta though. :(

same

they must have changed the drop rates. that's good in the long run but it sucks for trading in the short term.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2013 11:44 PM

Strange I found zero in closed beta andf 2 thus far in open.

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9398667)
same

they must have changed the drop rates. that's good in the long run but it sucks for trading in the short term.

seems to me that they have lowered the orb drop rate as well

I haven't found many Orbs of Alchemy and i love those.

Fishpicker 02-13-2013 12:17 PM

In the last patch, they added new artwork for all the gems. its helpful for recognizing gems at a glance instead of scrolling the cursor over each one to read the description. they also added artwork for shields, equipped shields look like the shields pictured in the inventory. The duelists have new attack animations too. the new animations are faster and smoother. damn, I love this game.

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9399720)
In the last patch, they added new artwork for all the gems. its helpful for recognizing gems at a glance instead of scrolling the cursor over each one to read the description. they also added artwork for shields, equipped shields look like the shields pictured in the inventory. The duelists have new attack animations too. the new animations are faster and smoother. damn, I love this game.

They really are continuing to work on ways to improve the game.

not just trying to fix bugs ... they are wanting to put out a good product.

Imon Yourside 02-13-2013 02:34 PM

I'm loving the game, hating the fact I can't really play until tomorrow thus ending my 3 day drought! :D

Mr. Laz 02-13-2013 06:07 PM

question ...

Spoiler!

hometeam 02-13-2013 07:44 PM

I'm still putting a little time into this, but forced FOV and freezing/delay after attack I just don't think i'm going to get past.

Fishpicker 02-13-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9400784)
question ...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Pants 02-14-2013 06:55 PM

****ing died again last night. Just being so careless...

One of these days, I'll learn my lesson.

Mr. Laz 02-15-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9403720)
****ing died again last night. Just being so careless...

One of these days, I'll learn my lesson.

hardcore?