ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Brett Bielema to Arkansas? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267368)

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9180507)
Yeah hiring a guy who's won the B1G the last 3 seasons is an awful hire. The Arkansas fan base is a bunch of cry baby bitches.

They're still not hiring Bo Pelini...

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9180518)
Curious how many people want Pelini fired?

Every one of them, minus the ones that call in to sports radio wanting to draft a lineman and keep Brady as the franchise guy next year.

ncCHIEFfan 12-04-2012 02:53 PM

Brett Bielema is Houston Nutt v2...never win the big one

Titty Meat 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9180518)
Curious how many people want Pelini fired?

I don't think he should be fired the guy has won 9 or more every year. If he had more experienced coordinators instead of hiring his friends from Ohio he would have experienced more success.

Bitching about a coach who's won his conference the last 3 years because he doesn't run the spread is absurd.

htismaqe 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9180517)
3 straight Rose Bowls. Say what you want about the B1G, but this is an accomplishment.

Gotta put an asterisk next to this year's. They got in solely because tOSU wasn't eligible.

GoChargers 12-04-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9180428)
Yeah. Then the Gundy thing got squashed. People were holding out hope for Petersen, then this dude comes out of the blue. It's picked up way more steam and is being reported on yahoo sports and shit.

The Petersen rumor was made up by an Arkansas fansite who had posted similar fake articles about Gundy and Les Miles.

KC native 12-04-2012 03:06 PM

He lost to TCU in the Rose Bowl that's all I know.

I hope this is confirmed soon. I'm so tired of the Patterson to Arky chatter.

Bewbies 12-04-2012 03:10 PM

Thought maybe the Hogs and the inbreds down at Auburn would have gone a little more high profile than they have. Maybe UT will do that?

keg in kc 12-04-2012 03:12 PM

Seems like a step down for Bielema but I would imagine he'll make a lot more money and Arkansas has way, way better facilities and resources than Wisconsin. Also gives him the chance to step out of Alvarez's shadow. And yes, he's conservative, but the SEC seems to be moving that route now anyway - LSU and Alabama certainly don't spread it and fling the ball around, and Florida's moving that way as well. The question is whether he can bring in enough talent to be competitive with those teams. I suspect the answer will be 'no'. I do think it's probably a better hire than any of the other names I've heard though, with the possible exception of Gus Malzahn, and he's obviously back at Auburn.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-04-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9180590)
Seems like a step down for Bielema but I would imagine he'll make a lot more money and Arkansas has way, way better facilities and resources than Wisconsin. Also gives him the chance to step out of Alvarez's shadow. And yes, he's conservative, but the SEC seems to be moving that route now anyway - LSU and Alabama certainly don't spread it and fling the ball around, and Florida's moving that way as well. The question is whether he can bring in enough talent to be competitive. I suspect the answer will be 'no'. I do think it's probably a better hire than any of the other names I've heard though, with the possible exception of Gus Malzahn, and he's obviously back at Auburn.

Moving into the SEC isn't a step down. Especially if he can field a team and compete for championships. Metriculate that ball down the field, boys!

DJ's left nut 12-04-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9180577)
He lost to TCU in the Rose Bowl that's all I know.

I hope this is confirmed soon. I'm so tired of the Patterson to Arky chatter.

You're going to deal with "Patterson to [insert big money program here] rumors every single year.

Until he finally takes an offer that's too good to ass up.

Sorry, them's the breaks.

NewChief 12-04-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9180590)
Seems like a step down for Bielema but I would imagine he'll make a lot more money and Arkansas has way, way better facilities and resources than Wisconsin. Also gives him the chance to step out of Alvarez's shadow. And yes, he's conservative, but the SEC seems to be moving that route now anyway - LSU and Alabama certainly don't spread it and fling the ball around, and Florida's moving that way as well. The question is whether he can bring in enough talent to be competitive with those teams. I suspect the answer will be 'no'. I do think it's probably a better hire than any of the other names I've heard though, with the possible exception of Gus Malzahn, and he's obviously back at Auburn.

The theory down here, which I tend to favor, is that Arkansas needs a "niche" that doesn't overlap with the other SEC West teams. If we're trying to compete in recruiting and such in those areas in which they (Alabama and LSU) already excel, we're going to lose out. However, if we become known for our great receivers and QBs, then we're distinct from our competitors and may draw some of those 4-5 stars at those positions. We need our own distinct identity separate from the rest of the West, otherwise we're doomed to always be below the other programs.

keg in kc 12-04-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9180593)
Moving into the SEC isn't a step down. Especially if he can field a team and compete for championships. Metriculate that ball down the field, boys!

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a Big 10 versus SEC thought. I was saying moving to Arkansas is a step down. Yes, it's the SEC, and, yes, that's a big deal, but the school itself is not exactly a football power. Going to be up to him to try to turn them into one. But basically he's going from a place where he was always in the hunt for a conference championship (and a BCS bid...) to a school where he's just...not.

But there are reasons to do that, as i said. Better pay. Better facilities. No Barry Alvarez as AD.

And it could work...

NewChief 12-04-2012 03:22 PM

His wife is hot at least.

http://www.rightentertainment.com/wp..._Bielema_1.jpg

keg in kc 12-04-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9180603)
The theory down here, which I tend to favor, is that Arkansas needs a "niche" that doesn't overlap with the other SEC West teams. If we're trying to compete in recruiting and such in those areas in which they (Alabama and LSU) already excel, we're going to lose out. However, if we become known for our great receivers and QBs, then we're distinct from our competitors and may draw some of those 4-5 stars at those positions. We need our own distinct identity separate from the rest of the West, otherwise we're doomed to always be below the other programs.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I don't think it will work, just that it could. I'd echo thoughts earlier in the thread that he's just too conservative. But maybe he'll have an easier time recruiting at Arkansas than he did at Wisconsin. Who knows. Or maybe he'll even take a different approach, and not be as conservative.