ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

Fairplay 05-26-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9711369)
This zombie fad is getting out of control. Its so stupid. I saw something on the history channel last night that had hand picked professors and scientists claiming a zombie apocalyse could actually happen. Bullshhhhhhttt. Willl could and never will happen. So stupid

In a sense it could happen, suppose a disease is unleashed and spreads like a common cold and it is like a horrible aids type virus. Suppose it gets to the point where going out in public could very well get you infected. Soon it would be the us against them mentality, paranoia over who is infected and who isn't would set in. Everyday living turns into chaos, no more 9-5 job you are living for your survival at this point. Going out in public is not an option, those that have the terminal disease see the ones not infected as the enemy and they start attacking them.

Is this a possibility in this day, I would say yes.

BWillie 05-26-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9711386)
In a sense it could happen, suppose a disease is unleashed and spreads like a common cold and it is like a horrible aids type virus. Suppose it gets to the point where going out in public could very well get you infected. Soon it would be the us against them mentality, paranoia over who is infected and who isn't would set in. Everyday living turns into chaos, no more 9-5 job you are living for your survival at this point. Going out in public is not an option, those that have the terminal disease see the ones not infected as the enemy and they start attacking them.

You think a virus is going to make humans eat other humans? Really

kaplin42 05-26-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9711369)
This zombie fad is getting out of control. Its so stupid. I saw something on the history channel last night that had hand picked professors and scientists claiming a zombie apocalyse could actually happen. Bullshhhhhhttt. Willl could and never will happen. So stupid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9711386)

There is this form of a virus called a Prion that can cause traditional zombie-esque symptoms. Uncoordinated movement, highly aggressive nature, can't really think at a high level, so one would only follow basic level instincts, like attacking and eating everyting.

Zombies coming back from the dead and devouring the human race, not so much, but a biological weapon, or natural, but yet undiscovered disease, probably a lot more possible than you would really want to think about.

Ebolapox 05-26-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9711674)
There is this form of a virus called a Prion that can cause traditional zombie-esque symptoms. Uncoordinated movement, highly aggressive nature, can't really think at a high level, so one would only follow basic level instincts, like attacking and eating everyting.

Zombies coming back from the dead and devouring the human race, not so much, but a biological weapon, or natural, but yet undiscovered disease, probably a lot more possible than you would really want to think about.

few things...

1) a prion is NOT a virus. it is a misfolded protein that causes other proteins to be misfolded, causing aggregates in brain tissue.

2) that isn't really the best characterization of symptoms of prions, actually. aggression isn't really noted (aside from a bit of psychosis) and 'basic level instincts' also isn't completely accurate.

3) Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease is a prion that infects humans, but it's not easily spread--it's only spread by ingesting/eating the prion (usually among tribes that eat brain matter).

Rausch 05-28-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9711798)

3) Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease is a prion that infects humans, but it's not easily spread--it's only spread by ingesting/eating the prion (usually among tribes that eat brain matter).

I didn't think it was known exactly how much (or how little) prion infected food one needed to eat to develop the disease.

Setsuna 05-28-2013 10:49 PM

It almost looks comical with how they portray the insane people. They look like they have a fetish to jump everywhere like fish out of water. What a terrible idea for a movie.

Otter 06-10-2013 08:46 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...ts-world-war-z

beach tribe 06-11-2013 09:41 AM

Mad-Cow is a prion..no?

AphexPhin 06-11-2013 09:55 AM

lol at CHina. Eff them.

Anyway this is getting decent reviews and I normally pay to see Pitt films in theaters so I'll give it a go.

I think its pretty cool of Brad Pitt to be going across the country and surprising World War Z fans at the pre screenings. Dude is the man.

Fairplay 06-12-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9743866)
lol at CHina. Eff them.

Anyway this is getting decent reviews and I normally pay to see Pitt films in theaters so I'll give it a go.

I think its pretty cool of Brad Pitt to be going across the country and surprising World War Z fans at the pre screenings. Dude is the man.

They also said the Titanic was going to be a dud. :)

Hammock Parties 06-16-2013 11:44 PM

Clocking in at 76% so far.

Glad it doesn't suck.

AphexPhin 06-17-2013 02:41 AM

Yeah while Im glad its getting good reviews, it sucks its a PG 13 movie. Thats a complete slap in the face to the book imo. oh well I may get around to seeing it.

Sure-Oz 06-17-2013 07:46 AM

This movie isn't even about the book except the name if I recall.

AphexPhin 06-17-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9756602)
This movie isn't even about the book except the name if I recall.

Then I'm definitely skipping it completely. May wait for Netflix. I'm just sick and tired of all of these watered down PG 13 films.

Bowser 06-17-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9757111)
Then I'm definitely skipping it completely. May wait for Netflix. I'm just sick and tired of all of these watered down PG 13 films.

The PG-13 is definitely going to be a liability for this flick. Hell, The Walking Dead is more gruesome than PG-13.