ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

drunkie 04-10-2012 12:15 PM

get the box copy. the box an the manual is meaningless. we will all prolly just throw it away. but i'm not going to pay the same price for a digital copy. for years game companys told us the reason prices had to keep going up was cuz of the packaging an all the disks. so the digital should be cheaper an it isn't. buying the digital is like lubing your own ass before you get raped.

this week you can make the barb banner http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/clas...ring/barbarian

Bump 04-10-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8530311)
get the box copy. the box an the manual is meaningless. we will all prolly just throw it away. but i'm not going to pay the same price for a digital copy. for years game companys told us the reason prices had to keep going up was cuz of the packaging an all the disks. so the digital should be cheaper an it isn't. buying the digital is like lubing your own ass before you get raped.

this week you can make the barb banner http://reveal.diablo3.com/en_US/clas...ring/barbarian

that is a solid point. digital copies require no overhead like retail stores do. They shouldn't be the same price.

Pants 04-10-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8530317)
that is a solid point. digital copies require no overhead like retail stores do. They shouldn't be the same price.

What about the servers and the bandwidth? I'm sure it's cheaper than printing a bunch of 20 cent DVDs, but I bet it's closer than you think.

Mr. Laz 04-10-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8530555)
What about the servers and the bandwidth? I'm sure it's cheaper than printing a bunch of 20 cent DVDs, but I bet it's closer than you think.

100 dollars for the game,20 dollars a month fee ...

sounds perfectly fair to me at twice the price/Pants

Megbert 04-10-2012 03:47 PM

Robo Geisha by the same director is pretty wild as well.

Pants 04-10-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8530883)
100 dollars for the game,20 dollars a month fee ...

sounds perfectly fair to me at twice the price/Pants

WTF are you talking about, Laz?

I'm saying just because the game isn't printed doesn't mean there are no costs associated with distributing it. JFC.

Mr. Laz 04-10-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8530938)

I'm saying just because the game isn't printed doesn't mean there are no costs associated with distributing it. JFC.

don't you also fully support the monthly fee in addition to the game price or do i have you mixed up with someone else?

Pants 04-10-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8531090)
don't you also fully support the monthly fee in addition to the game price or do i have you mixed up with someone else?

What do you mean by "support"? Man, I support free games for everyone all the time, lol. Do I like MMO's? Yes. Do I pay the equivalent of 2 lunches every month to play them? Yes. Look man, I was spending $18/mo on Netflix. $15/mo for SWTOR is so so so so so much more entertaining it's not even funny and it costs like $3 less! I still don't see what this has to do with game distribution costs, though.

drunkie 04-10-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8530938)

the digital copy isn't even distributed by them. you use the blizzard downloader an have p2p enabled. so we are the ones supplying the most of the bandwidth. sorry sir but no matter how you look at it it should be cheaper then the box set

Pants 04-10-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkie (Post 8531549)
the digital copy isn't even distributed by them. you use the blizzard downloader an have p2p enabled. so we are the ones supplying the most of the bandwidth. sorry sir but no matter how you look at it it should be cheaper then the box set

Oh ok. Yeah, in a case like that, I totally agree with you.

Bump 04-11-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8530555)

I doubt it is, it's our bandwidth that's doing most of the heavy lifting. Should be 2/3 the price at least.

Mr. Laz 04-17-2012 05:49 PM

Diablo III on sale at newegg.com for 10 dollars off

-10.00 (code = EMCNFJC22)
=====

Sofa King 04-18-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8549427)
Diablo III on sale at newegg.com for 10 dollars off

-10.00 (code = EMCNFJC22)
=====

Would i get that on release day?

drunkie 04-18-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8550770)
Would i get that on release day?

nope. if you pay for next day shipping you might. but if you do that the price is as much or more then picking it up at the store.

good deal id your willing to wait a few days for it, but if you want it on release you might as well skip that

The Franchise 04-18-2012 09:39 AM

I'll probably get it off of Newegg. I don't have the specs at home to run this game anyways.....so I can just have it shipped to work and install it there.