ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

ChiefsCountry 08-06-2012 03:52 PM

No Moose in the lineup tonight. His knee must be worst than we thought.

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8795711)
No Moose in the lineup tonight. His knee must be worst than we thought.

Because they're facing Sale.

Good thing DM, our draft guru, passed on him. Someone make a strong argument for why a blind monkey with DM's budget and high picks couldn't have assembled the same farm system. Monkey throwing darts could have done better than Hochevar, Colon, and Crow. Monkey with darts and Baseball Prospectus subscription would have drafted Myers.

tk13 08-06-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8795598)
Rany on Mijares:

A week ago, the Royals could have negotiated with 29 teams for the best deal. Naturally, they wait until after the deadline and accept nada.

I don't know how you can say that when 22-23 teams could've had him for nothing and just passed him up. That is almost being negative just to be negative. It seems his value was not very high at all. The real concern is why they just turned him loose to begin with.

Nightfyre 08-06-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8795894)
I don't know how you can say that when 22-23 teams could've had him for nothing and just passed him up. That is almost being negative just to be negative. It seems his value was not very high at all. The real concern is why they just turned him loose to begin with.

Agreed.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-06-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8795614)
Was he worth nothing? Literally?

This organization is hemorrhaging.

Orrrrrrrr we're finally cutting the dead weight free because we're sick of having it around and realize those types of players aren't conducive to winning.....................................?

/blind, stupid homer

:D

Nightfyre 08-06-2012 05:16 PM

I suspect this is all really about clearing space on the forty man roster for a few rule five candidates. As I said about a week ago, it will be interesting to watch the forty man roster unfold.

shorman22 08-06-2012 05:28 PM

Why this organization soo terrible

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8795894)

Nonsense. I can say that because one team claimed him. I don't care if only two teams in MLB would have done that.

He had value, and DM failed to exploit whatever little bit that might have been.

They turned him loose to create further a "winning culture," which is the cliche that losers love most.

lewdog 08-06-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shorman22 (Post 8795957)
Why this organization soo terrible

Why your English so bad?

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 05:31 PM

And where are the posts to justify DM as a draft genioius (CP)? What has been his astute move in the draft? The one that only a seasoned participant of Braves excellence could pull off? One that a ****ing doctor in Chicago might not have been able to make after seeing patients?

Al Bundy 08-06-2012 05:32 PM

How long has Cowboy Cory Anderson been on 810?

stonedstooge 08-06-2012 05:33 PM

Looks like to me trading Broxton and dumping Mijares, the teams trying to save on their food bills. Never heard of putting a pitcher on CLEARANCE and getting nothing in return. That's not the WALMART WAY

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-06-2012 05:34 PM

Take a walk Deez and get your blood pressure down. This is unhealthy... I speak from experience and with all due respect.

:)

stonedstooge 08-06-2012 05:36 PM

Anyone claim Yuni yet?

DeezNutz 08-06-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8795974)
Take a walk Deez and get your blood pressure down. This is unhealthy... I speak from experience and with all due respect.

:)

Nope.

I want to hear what he has done in the draft, specifically, that demonstrated real insight and acumen in evaluating amateur talent.

What is his Crown Jewel of drafting brilliance? And re-acquiring Betancourt--to find out he was a problem in the clubhouse...who could have guessed?--doesn't count.

He took Melville! Several of us in the draft thread we're asking for him. So, nope. Myers!!! Again, covered and nope.