ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Herman's Head... I had forgotten who was casted .. oh my! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315632)

Nickhead 06-02-2018 01:46 AM

Herman's Head... I had forgotten who was casted .. oh my!

The voice of Simpson's characters Lisa, and Apu.

Quote:

The Simpsons impact
Both Hank Azaria and Yeardley Smith are cast members of The Simpsons, which debuted on Fox two seasons earlier. One episode had Yeardley Smith's character, Louise, after hanging up the telephone, asked her colleague across the room, "Herman, I don't sound like that Lisa Simpson, do I?" A similar reference occurs when Mr. Bracken receives a complaint about one of the workers. The complainant didn't get the worker's name, but reported that she sounded like a cartoon character. After some furtive glances from Louise, Mr. Bracken dresses down a female co-worker who sounds like Betty Boop. The Simpsons also referenced Herman's Head when Lisa (voiced by Smith) is asked what she is laughing at in the episode "Duffless"; she replies that she has just remembered "a joke I saw on Herman's Head". In the later episode "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays", when Marge Simpson asks him to sign a petition, Comic Book Guy (voiced by Azaria) explains that he only signs petitions to bring back television shows, exclaiming "America needs the wisdom of Herman's Head now more than ever." Further, Lisa is revealed to have a Herman's Head-like Chorus of her own, seen when she's processing feelings of jealousy over Marge's publishing a novel. When asked about Herman's Head on a Simpsons commentary, Azaria said people were discussing shows that actors would rather forget, stating that he "always had that. I didn't love Herman's Head, really."[1]
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CRo-NIKZ7Qk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

Deberg_1990 06-02-2018 09:49 AM

Pixars 'Inside Out' totally ripped off this premise.

The Franchise 06-02-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13578861)
Pixars 'Inside Out' totally ripped off this premise.

And made it 1000 times better.

Rausch 06-05-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13578874)
And made it 1000 times better.

I loved that show when it was on.

I think I was biased because I was a huge Fright Night fan...

MTG#10 06-05-2018 03:32 PM

I forgot all about this show, thanks for the nostalgia.

This was on during my most pubescent-formative years, I remember wanting to lay the wood to Heddy so bad

Nickhead 06-05-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 13582709)
I forgot all about this show, thanks for the nostalgia.

This was on during my most pubescent-formative years, I remember wanting to lay the wood to Heddy so bad

werd!! :D

rabblerouser 06-06-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13582667)

This!

Baby Lee 06-06-2018 05:47 AM

Ken Hudson Campbell, aka 'thank God Artie Lange loves herion.'

Fish 06-06-2018 09:12 AM

I'd never heard of this. Watched the first 5 episodes on Youtube. Not bad.....

banecat 06-06-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13582667)

One, and two? What about the remake? And the other remake a few years after the first remake?

banecat 06-06-2018 01:44 PM

And I found season one for free on the YouTube. But I can hear the VCR used to record it off of TV running the entire time

WhiteWhale 06-06-2018 05:55 PM

Jesus christ, if you watched the show you NOTICED Yeardley Smith.

She's not doing a voice when she's Lisa Simpson. She actually IS that annoying. I remember her in Maximum Overdrive as well and good lord she's obnoxious.

I remember the show being pretty 'meh', but Smith was grating as hell and made it near unwatchable for me.

Nickhead 06-06-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13584180)
Jesus christ, if you watched the show you NOTICED Yeardley Smith.

She's not doing a voice when she's Lisa Simpson. She actually IS that annoying. I remember her in Maximum Overdrive as well and good lord she's obnoxious.

I remember the show being pretty 'meh', but Smith was grating as hell and made it near unwatchable for me.

you are not wrong, but man i loved the show, aside from her voice :D