ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Archie Bunker 12-29-2006 09:19 AM

Anyone else pick up the games from Burger King? Pretty good games for 3.99.

GoTrav 12-29-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Guitar Hero is coming soon to the 360

I'm debating buying a ps2 and guitar hero 2....just because that game is so badass

and i'm not a fan of the ps2 or ps3...but i cant wait for a few months before Guitar Hero comes to the 360

think I'll have to pick that up. I still have my PS2 but I really haven't wanted to play it on that system.

KcMizzou 12-29-2006 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice
think I'll have to pick that up. I still have my PS2 but I really haven't wanted to play it on that system.

If there's a game where graphics dont really matter.... that's it.

KevB 12-29-2006 09:53 AM

I'm having difficulty getting registered through MyGamerCard.net. I've taken all the steps to get set up, but no response on the XBOX Forums PM. Anybody have issues (and have a workaround of some sort)?

GoTrav 12-29-2006 10:19 AM

Anyone with some NBA 2K7 advice? I totally suck. I'm more use to the run and gun style of LIVE. I was getting beaten by 20 on the easiest difficulty level...I don't see how I'll ever unlock an achievement. :(

Mecca 12-30-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Anyone with some NBA 2K7 advice? I totally suck. I'm more use to the run and gun style of LIVE. I was getting beaten by 20 on the easiest difficulty level...I don't see how I'll ever unlock an achievement. :(

You have to call plays on offense.....also the right shoulder button calls for a pick and that helps get you open for shots and drives. If you just run and gun and don't call plays on offense your offense will be all out of whack and you'll take long jumpers which on this years 2k don't fall.

Considering the realism this year of guys not making every shot and realistic scores when playing as long as they really play......unless you are playing a 3 point bombing team like Phoenix a 2-3 zone is always the best defense to be in......

GoTrav 12-30-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
You have to call plays on offense.....also the right shoulder button calls for a pick and that helps get you open for shots and drives. If you just run and gun and don't call plays on offense your offense will be all out of whack and you'll take long jumpers which on this years 2k don't fall.

Considering the realism this year of guys not making every shot and realistic scores when playing as long as they really play......unless you are playing a 3 point bombing team like Phoenix a 2-3 zone is always the best defense to be in......

I haven't had much luck getting the ball down low to my big man. How do I get him to post up? And I don't know crap about basketball strategy or play calling...what are some good plays to run?

The game looks and plays amazing, I just need to get better.

Mecca 12-30-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

I haven't had much luck getting the ball down low to my big man. How do I get him to post up? And I don't know crap about basketball strategy or play calling...what are some good plays to run?

The game looks and plays amazing, I just need to get better.

You call plays with the D-Pad up right left and down will all call a different play. Go into your coaching and go into offensive plays and you can set whichever 4 you want to use...it will show you a diagram of what the play is. Just put Low Post or Post up or whatever it's called as one of your plays call it......hit the button that brings up the letters for which guy is which..and pass it into him and back down or kick it back out.

You shouldn't have to change the defensive calls the 4 are bases like man to man, 2-3 zone, 3-2 zone and press.........just don't ever play 3-2 zone it covers the perimeter but leaves the inside open.

kcxiv 12-30-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

i been playing quite a few games on live lately, getting addicted again i think. i am 8-3 so far. I have had a blast. Though everyone likes to just 1 on 1 and forget the rest of the team, but once you figure out how to slow it down, you can pretty much own the person playing that style.

ChiefsFanatic 01-01-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
So GoW is the best shooter evah.

Uhhh..................No.

Archie Bunker 01-01-2007 12:05 PM

I just picked up College Hoops 2k7 and I wondering what the best recruiting strategy is.

I know to focus on interested recruits but I'm not sure what the best way to spend points is and when to use them(preseason, in season, etc).

Mecca 01-01-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
I just picked up College Hoops 2k7 and I wondering what the best recruiting strategy is.

I know to focus on interested recruits but I'm not sure what the best way to spend points is and when to use them(preseason, in season, etc).

Who are you? That's pretty important....

Archie Bunker 01-01-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Who are you? That's pretty important....

Planning on being a closed legacy team. Leaning towards Campbell.

Pants 01-01-2007 10:32 PM

My roommate got a 360 for Christmas and we've been playing it a little bit. He bought GoW, Oblivion and Saints Row. We haven't touched Oblivion yet and as far as GoW goes, I was pretty disappointed. Sure it looks nice in HD but the gameplay seemed pretty lacking. We only played CO-OP so maybe single player campaign or Live is where the fun is but I don't really feel like playing it. Saints Row on the other hand is a n absolute blast, it's like GTA on steroids and is actually more fun to play than GTA. That's pretty much all I've been playing with some rentals thrown in (GRAW, PGR3, etc).

I have to say though, 360 is an amazing system. If you get Live, it's a total package of what entertainment and gaming should be.

kcxiv 01-02-2007 03:13 AM

Game play is the best damn part of Gears of War. Thats why i like it as opposed to halo type games, its not just a gung ho shooter like say Halo, quake type games.