ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Messier 07-01-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8712513)
Why are you including MU in that? No hurt feelings there. They've said from Day One they wanted to continue playing Kansas.

This is true, it's KU refusing to play.

They will sooner or later, but this is all Bill Self calling this shot. In football MU is a lot better than KU, and KU doesn't want to schedule a no-con to which they'll most likely lose. Self's decision is for completely different reasons, in that a KU MU basketball game would only benefit MU. It's sour grapes, sure, but he just doesn't want to do MU any favors.

Saul Good 07-01-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8712556)

They will sooner or later, but this is all Bill Self calling this shot. In football MU is a lot better than KU, and KU doesn't want to schedule a no-con to which they'll most likely lose. Self's decision is for completely different reasons, in that a KU MU basketball game would only benefit MU. It's sour grapes, sure, but he just doesn't want to do MU any favors.

Guess we will have to settle for 4-6 games per year against Florida and Kentucky.

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8712513)
Why are you including MU in that? No hurt feelings there. They've said from Day One they wanted to continue playing Kansas.

Somtimes it's how we are handling it....

DeezNutz 07-01-2012 11:12 AM

Could absolutely not care less if Mizzou ever plays another Big XII team again.

Great day to be a Tiger fan. Bring on the SEC.

Pitt Gorilla 07-01-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8712556)

Good take.

|Zach| 07-01-2012 11:27 AM

http://twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/s...72856344567808

Big 12 clarifies 13-year granting of rights: not done but agreed to. Will be signed immediately on completion of Fox, ESPN deals.

Bambi 07-01-2012 12:02 PM

Missouri was given the choice whether or not to continue competing with KU. They said no. It's pretty much that simple and now neither side could be happier.

Good luck with your journey into the SEC Mizzou.

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8712693)
Missouri was given the choice whether or not to continue competing with KU. They said no. It's pretty much that simple and now neither side could be happier.

You know....you'd probably have a future in political spin. You actually make Bagdad Bob seem like an amateur.

Bambi 07-01-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8712704)
You know....you'd probably have a future in political spin. You actually make Bagdad Bob seem like an amateur.

ok?

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8712717)
ok?

Sorry the point of my remark evades you.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-01-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8711732)
Lol, never knew what the thoughts of a loser were.

Now I do.

That's the problem. You don't think.

tredadda 07-01-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8712486)
Or how the person scorned says how much better off they are now that they are rid of the ex...when in reality they are envious.

TBH.....I hope the Big 12 does well, except for Texas. I hope their program continues to slowly and surely slide, if only for a few years.

Texas sadly is the Big XII. The more successful they are, the better it is overall for the whole conference.

Messier 07-01-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8712572)
Guess we will have to settle for 4-6 games per year against Florida and Kentucky.

Sure. Either way both MU and KU will be fine.

eazyb81 07-01-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8712623)
http://twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/s...72856344567808

Big 12 clarifies 13-year granting of rights: not done but agreed to. Will be signed immediately on completion of Fox, ESPN deals.

Mike DeArmond ‏@sptwri
"@ChuckCarltonDMN: Big 12 clarifies 13-year granting of rights: not done but agreed to. "... Key words "not done."

Can the Big 12 do anything without looking like clueless morons?

Messier 07-01-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8712753)
Texas sadly is the Big XII. The more successful they are, the better it is overall for the whole conference.

I'd say it's Texas and Oklahoma.
The difference with the SEC is that instead of 1 or 2 big programs there are 4 or 5. It's an amazing conference. There's enough power programs to keep everyone in check.

Titty Meat 07-01-2012 12:54 PM

Enough of the conference nonsense it's time to focus on winning games.

Messier 07-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8712779)
Mike DeArmond ‏@sptwri
"@ChuckCarltonDMN: Big 12 clarifies 13-year granting of rights: not done but agreed to. "... Key words "not done."

Can the Big 12 do anything without looking like clueless morons?

Oh well. Not your headache anymore.

Bambi 07-01-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8712734)
Sorry the point of my remark evades you.

Wasn't asking for an apology. Just didn't understand what you were trying to say. It seems pretty clear to most anyone involved that MU made the choice to discontinue the playing of KU. As many national media have said (which have been linked to in this thread), KU has a responsibility to itself to mov forward with its continued success and by no means has any reason to include any university that brings no added value.

But please, continue with the post move spin that makes it look like MU is the good guy in all this. I get a chuckle from it daily when you guys say it.

BigMeatballDave 07-01-2012 01:37 PM

Mizzou...

The red-headed step-child of the SEC.

Enjoy the drubbings.

:evil:

tredadda 07-01-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8712837)
Wasn't asking for an apology. Just didn't understand what you were trying to say. It seems pretty clear to most anyone involved that MU made the choice to discontinue the playing of KU. As many national media have said (which have been linked to in this thread), KU has a responsibility to itself to mov forward with its continued success and by no means has any reason to include any university that brings no added value.

But please, continue with the post move spin that makes it look like MU is the good guy in all this. I get a chuckle from it daily when you guys say it.

Yet wouldn't it be worth it for KU to play Mizzou in BBall and FB in KC? Since you know KU supposedly owns the city and it is chock full of KU alums? Why not help that city out? Also outside of BBall, KU is not successful in anything else, so what is this continued success you speak of?

Frazod 07-01-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8712739)
That's the problem. You don't think.

http://motherhaus.com/hausblog/files...le-590x395.jpg

Bowser 07-01-2012 01:48 PM

Mizzou is neither the "good" nor the "bad" guy in any of this. They are the "smart" guy.

Trevo_410 07-01-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

So you're saying that it's ok for kansas to move forward and do what's best for it yet, Mizzou is the bad guy because they left for a better conference and ignored the whole "We won't play you if you leave us." shtick kansas gave us before we left? please, how do you expect a program of mizzou's caliber to take orders from a shitty school like kansas. It was clearly a ****ing insult and we're not your bitch.

We moved for stability and maximized potential, I'm fine with never playing you guys again however the history of the rivalry will always be faulted on the sour grapes of the kansas administrators and their backing. Mizzou vs. kansas definitely could've make for one of the best if not THE best interconference rivalry in the nation, anything you say otherwise is just butthurtson. We're willing to play, you're hiding behind your shit quote instead of just saying that, "we're scared pussies." gtfo

Old Dog 07-01-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8712848)
Yet wouldn't it be worth it for KU to play Mizzou in BBall and FB in KC?

Probably not from a KU perspective*. If they can sell out a game there against someone else that wouldn't want split of the gate, why would they choose to play mizzou?

*just a guess, but far be it for me to try and bring some sense into the middle of this pissing contest.

KingPriest2 07-01-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

WTF?!?! Given the choice? Please explain

mnchiefsguy 07-01-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 8712881)
So you're saying that it's ok for kansas to move forward and do what's best for it yet, Mizzou is the bad guy because they left for a better conference and ignored the whole "We won't play you if you leave us." shtick kansas gave us before we left? please, how do you expect a program of mizzou's caliber to take orders from a shitty school like kansas. It was clearly a ****ing insult and we're not your bitch.

We moved for stability and maximized potential, I'm fine with never playing you guys again however the history of the rivalry will always be faulted on the sour grapes of the kansas administrators and their backing. Mizzou vs. kansas definitely could've make for one of the best if not THE best interconference rivalry in the nation, anything you say otherwise is just butthurtson. We're willing to play, you're hiding behind your shit quote instead of just saying that, "we're scared pussies." gtfo

And hypocritson is owned yet again. His obsession with Mizzou will keep him coming back for more I am sure.

HolyHandgernade 07-01-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Yet wouldn't it be worth it for KU to play Mizzou in BBall and FB in KC? Since you know KU supposedly owns the city and it is chock full of KU alums? Why not help that city out? Also outside of BBall, KU is not successful in anything else, so what is this continued success you speak of?

No, for the hundredth time, no. The only way this makes any sense for KU is if some sort of SEC-B12 alliance comes to fruition and one of the conditions for ti to be signed is that the Border War gets played again. If the B12 decides its worth it, then we'll do it, but we don't make that much more money in football and we loose money on the basketball arrangement.

We help the city out by playing a holiday tournament there. The conference helps the city out by keeping its Basketball Tournament there. The campus is less than an hour away. We're quite fine with that.

Al Bundy 07-01-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8713093)
No, for the hundredth time, no. The only way this makes any sense for KU is if some sort of SEC-B12 alliance comes to fruition and one of the conditions for ti to be signed is that the Border War gets played again. If Texas decides its worth it, then we'll do it, but we don't make that much more money in football and we loose money on the basketball arrangement.

We help the city out by playing a holiday tournament there. The conference helps the city out by keeping its Basketball Tournament there. The campus is less than an hour away. We're quite fine with that.

I fixed your post... KU was held hostage while MU wasn't.

Mr. Plow 07-01-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8713105)

Some of you guys have some serious inferiority complex issues when it comes to Texas.

HolyHandgernade 07-01-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 8713105)

Look,just because you have an inferiority complex with Texas doesn't mean everyone else did. Your paranoia about the whole situation was your excuse to leave. I get that. So, if you want to substitute "Texas" every time for "Big 12", I really don't give a shit. The arrangement makes us a lot of money. If you don't think Alabama and Florida won't call most of the shots in the SEC, you truly are delusional. Everyone goes along because everyone makes money, its really not that much different.

DeezNutz 07-01-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8713157)
Some of you guys have some serious inferiority complex issues when it comes to Texas.

If by "inferiority complex" you mean that most people realize that Texas damn near blew up the conference two years in a row, thereby jeopardizing the welfare of all of the remaining members, then I agree.

Texas = Big XII. Not necessarily a bad thing, but absolutely what it is.

Mr. Plow 07-01-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8713183)
If by "inferiority complex" you mean that most people realize that Texas damn near blew up the conference two years in a row, thereby jeopardizing the welfare of all of the remaining members, then I agree.

Texas = Big XII. Not necessarily a bad thing, but absolutely what it is.

I just don't get it. MU has been trying to get into the Big 10 since when? Late 90's? Why is OK for MU to shop themselves to the Big 10/SEC and finally up & leave a conference that they felt was falling apart, yet when OU/UT believe the conference is falling apart and they do the exact same thing it's not OK? Just doesn't make any sense.

I'm really glad MU feels they got into a better, more stable conference. Really, I am. I hope they do well in the SEC. The only aspect of it I hate is the loss of the MU/KU rivalry because it is one of the greatest rivalries in the country. But, outside of that, conference realignment is of little meaning to me. I don't root for a conference, I root for a team. Sure, I like to see the conference as a whole do well, but you'll never hear me chanting "Big 12! Big 12!".....even if it's a KU accomplishment.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-01-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

That's already been proven false by the games at Arrowhead.

tredadda 07-01-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8713172)
Look,just because you have an inferiority complex with Texas doesn't mean everyone else did. Your paranoia about the whole situation was your excuse to leave. I get that. So, if you want to substitute "Texas" every time for "Big 12", I really don't give a shit. The arrangement makes us a lot of money. If you don't think Alabama and Florida won't call most of the shots in the SEC, you truly are delusional. Everyone goes along because everyone makes money, its really not that much different.

Except the SEC has no penalty for leaving and the Big XII had to sign a 13 year GOR to ensure no one leaves.

tredadda 07-01-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8713259)

And the $30 million a group in Kansas City gave to upgrade Mizzou's facilities. How much did KU get?

DeezNutz 07-01-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8713231)
I just don't get it. MU has been trying to get into the Big 10 since when? Late 90's? Why is OK for MU to shop themselves to the Big 10/SEC and finally up & leave a conference that they felt was falling apart, yet when OU/UT believe the conference is falling apart and they do the exact same thing it's not OK? Just doesn't make any sense.

I'm really glad MU feels they got into a better, more stable conference. Really, I am. I hope they do well in the SEC. The only aspect of it I hate is the loss of the MU/KU rivalry because it is one of the greatest rivalries in the country. But, outside of that, conference realignment is of little meaning to me. I don't root for a conference, I root for a team. Sure, I like to see the conference as a whole do well, but you'll never hear me chanting "Big 12! Big 12!".....even if it's a KU accomplishment.

Texas is the conference, so they have never worried about its stability, since this begins and ends with them.

The bottom line is that the Big XII was a joke the minute it was constructed because all of the Big XIII teams sold themselves to the economic behemoth of Texas, when this never needed to happen. Ultimately, the Big XII, with all of its original members, will be looked upon as a "what if," and the university presidents have only themselves to blame.

tredadda 07-01-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8713285)
Texas is the conference, so they have never worried about its stability, since this begins and ends with them.

The bottom line is that the Big XII was a joke the minute it was constructed because all of the Big XIII teams sold themselves to the economic behemoth of Texas, when this never needed to happen. Ultimately, the Big XII, with all of its original members, will be looked upon as a "what if," and the university presidents have only themselves to blame.

UT and OU have options. They can go to practically any conference they want. The rest of the Big XII? Not so much.

DeezNutz 07-01-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713291)
UT and OU have options. They can go to practically any conference they want. The rest of the Big XII? Not so much.

Pretty much, though OSU complicates things a bit for OU. But without TX, the Big XII is essentially the Big East.

qabbaan 07-01-2012 06:14 PM

It's all about your football program.

OSU's program would be a credit to any conference. They would have options just like OU and UT would.

Otherwise yes you have the Big East.

Saul Good 07-01-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

So we can have our t-shirt back if we marry you?

We really like that t-shirt, but we aren't going to marry you just to get it back. If we ask for it back again, we still aren't going to marry you, but we're open to the idea of you swinging by and dropping it off whenever. Other than that, we're done here. Can't we just admit what this was?

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 8712881)

Sounds good to me.

Kansas has no use for an association with MU. I don't understand why you guys don't get this.

MU decided that the best decision to make moving forward was to not be associated with KU in a conference.

Everyone will be fine moving forward. If you want to call KU names on the way out it's fine with all of us. No one from KU cares. It just makes you look small from what I can tell.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2 (Post 8712892)
WTF?!?! Given the choice? Please explain

Friday, October 21, 2011

“KU-Missouri is a great rivalry," KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger said in a statement. "The University of Kansas is a great Midwestern school, loyal to our Midwestern conference and to our Midwestern roots.

“The KU-Missouri rivalry belongs in the Big 12 Conference. Should Missouri decide to leave the Big 12, we would wish them well.”

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

The fans stayed away on purpose this year to show their contempt for the hiring of Turner Gill and the two years of garbage he put them through.

And you know what? It worked.

Thank God too, many of us were shitting bricks when KU was beating you at halftime.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713280)
And the $30 million a group in Kansas City gave to upgrade Mizzou's facilities. How much did KU get?

KU's probably still spending all the money the Hall Foundation has given them. I don't think they're too concerned with a $30 million donation. A nice amount no doubt, but would be nothing spectacular when it comes to the history of KU donations.

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713520)
The fans stayed away on purpose this year to show their contempt for the hiring of Turner Gill and the two years of garbage he put them through.

And you know what? It worked.

Thank God too, many of us were shitting bricks when KU was beating you at halftime.

:spock: Cause they usually sell out that game or any other football game?

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713526)
KU's probably still spending all the money the Hall Foundation has given them. I don't think they're too concerned with a $30 million donation. A nice amount no doubt, but would be nothing spectacular when it comes to the history of KU donations.

The amount is irrelevant. The fact that it came from a group in Kansas City, a town KU swears they own and is loaded with KU alumni while KU got nothing speaks volumes.

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713528)
:spock: Cause they usually sell out that game or any other football game?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713531)
The amount is irrelevant. The fact that it came from a group in Kansas City, a town KU swears they own and is loaded with KU alumni while KU got nothing speaks volumes.

WHY do you guys continue to respond to this kid?

Quit feeding the trolls.

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8713535)

Quit feeding the trolls.

Cause he is so easy to mess with. It is almost a game.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8713285)

What do you mean "blame themselves"?

I'm not sure you understand what the point of being a college fan is. You want to win titles and maybe see money roll in for recruiting, facilities, etc.

Most of the schools in the Big 12 have all experienced this during the history of the conference. I'm not sure what else you want. Go ask K State Football. They love kicking UT's ass every year when they outspend everyone else by so much. Go ask KU Basketball, they love kicking UT's ass every year when they outspend everyone else by so much. Plus Austin is a great town. I'm sorry you feel so hostile about this whole situation. If leaving the conference makes you feel better than great, we're happy for you.

But we're tired of hearing you day after day harp on UT and how they are the conference and blah blah blah, everyone has heard you. Message received.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

So someone in Kansas City gave a donation to MU and not to KU and that makes fact that there are not more KU fans in Kansas City than any other school?

That makes no sense man, come on now.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713539)
Cause he is so easy to mess with. It is almost a game.

yep, you got it.

:thumb:

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713546)
So someone in Kansas City gave a donation to MU and not to KU and that makes fact that there are not more KU fans in Kansas City than any other school?

That makes no sense man, come on now.

It goes to show that KC might not be as much of a KU town as the school thinks it is.

Frazod 07-01-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Quit feeding the trolls.

He's my pet reerun.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quit feeding the trolls.

MU has moved to the SEC and MU fans are in here posting any shred of negative press they can find about the Big 12 to keep their dream of Big 12 implosion alive.

I think it's hilarious.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713555)
It goes to show that KC might not be as much of a KU town as the school thinks it is.

I don't think anyone ever claimed that there wasn't one MU fan in Kansas City.

There this girl who lives in my neighborhood here in NY who went to MU and is a Mizzou fan but I don't think NYC is considered an MU town.

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713561)
MU has moved to the SEC and MU fans are in here posting any shred of negative press they can find about the Big 12 to keep their dream of Big 12 implosion alive.

I think it's hilarious.

And as sure as the sun rises, any Mizzou news brings you out in spite of the fact you apparently care little to nothing about Mizzou.

Bambi 07-01-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8713558)
He's my pet reerun.

We all have our stalkers. I just never though mine would be a middle aged fat guy who lives in Chicago.

Life is full of surprises.

BigRock 07-01-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

http://www.komu.com/news/kansas-city...g-with-mizzou/

Quote:

The group that stepped forward Tuesday to help fund improvements to Mizzou's sports facilities is little known in Columbia. But the Kansas City Sports Trust was started in 2004 solely to donate to MU Athletics.
Yes, it speaks volumes that KU wouldn't get money from a group that's sole purpose is donating to MU.

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713563)
I don't think anyone ever claimed that there wasn't one MU fan in Kansas City.

There this girl who lives in my neighborhood here in NY who went to MU and is a Mizzou fan but I don't think NYC is considered an MU town.

Gotcha :thumb: I guess only the big donors are Mizzou fans.

Frazod 07-01-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713567)
We all have our stalkers. I just never though mine would be a middle aged fat guy who lives in Chicago.

Life is full of surprises.

You make a fine pet. Hours of entertainment, plus I don't have to feed you or pick up your shit. My hat's off to whoever's stuck with that dirty job.

tredadda 07-01-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8713568)
http://www.komu.com/news/kansas-city...g-with-mizzou/

Yes, it speaks volumes that KU wouldn't get money from a group that's sole purpose is donating to MU.

But where do they live? The fact of the matter is, news and events out of KC is constantly pro Mizzou, which is odd considering how much of a KU city it supposedly is.

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

See...this is where you have reading comprehension issues. Please go a few posts before mine and re-read what I said to the others.

You can put any spin you want on it....but quite frankly you are the person most hurt and taking this personal. You take pot-shots and spin everything. Your posts most of the time contain half-truths or slanted opinions.

Most of us enjoy watching as you dance like a puppet to the posts of others. I actually stopped posting in this thread for a while because it got more hilarious than informative and you were right in the middle of the hilarity.

tredadda 07-01-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8713573)
You make a fine pet. Hours of entertainment, plus I don't have to feed you or pick up your shit. My hat's off to whoever's stuck with that dirty job.

He even comes when called. Just whistle and say "Mizzou".

Bambi 07-01-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 8713575)
See...this is where you have reading comprehension issues. Please go a few posts before mine and re-read what I said to the others.

You can put any spin you want on it....but quite frankly you are the person most hurt and taking this personal. You take pot-shots and spin everything. Your posts most of the time contain half-truths or slanted opinions.

Most of us enjoy watching as you dance like a puppet to the posts of others. I actually stopped posting in this thread for a while because it got more hilarious than informative and you were right in the middle of the hilarity.

I guess I can post SZ's quote again but I can see it's not sticking.

Bambi 07-01-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713577)
He even comes when called. Just whistle and say "Mizzou".

I have 12 posts in the Mizzou Football thread. Saul Good has 366 posts in the KU Football thread.

Maybe you need to whistle louder.

HolyHandgernade 07-01-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713291)

Alabama and Florida have options. Michigan and Ohio St have options. USC and Notre Dame have options. Any major football program has options, all you're implying is that they are more likely to use them, without really any shred of evidence to indicate it. You just like to say it, because it help you justify your decision.

Just let it go, man. You, as you repeatedly say, are in the conference you want to be in. Be in that conference, you really don't have to speculate on ours any longer. Be free of it.

Texas is exactly where they want to be. Texas already has gobs of money, there is a point of diminishing returns. Texas wants to be in a region where it can play OU and a lot of Texas schools. That is what Texas wants. I know you don't believe it, but Texas is actually very happy where they are, I know, I converse with quite a few of their alumni.

OU was a bit discontent, but now they are very happy. I doubt you actually frequent Big 12 boards, but the general mood there is actually quite positive. I know that's difficult for you and the Aggies to believe, but once you two announced your final intentions and we invited our new members, there's actually quite the feeling of camaraderie I hadn't experienced since we invited the four SWC schools to join.

So, if you really have to keep repeating the same old diatribe, without a shred of anything to back it up, in the faint glimmering hope the B12 (which you were once a founding member of) is going to go "poof" and justify every irrational fear you directed towards big bad Texas as well as the mountain of various manners to say "I told you so" to your envy to the west, then I guess that is the Hell you have decided to call home.

tredadda 07-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713582)
I have 12 posts in the Mizzou Football thread. Saul Good has 366 posts in the KU Football thread.

I will take your word for it since I don't ever go to the KU football thread as I care nothing about KU football.

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8713157)

Inferiority....not really. More infuriated. You can't tell me Texas hasn't pretty much run this conference like the rest of the teams were poor relatives. They lived in the big house, and let the rest of the conference live in double-wides.

And let's not act like it was the first time they pretty much toyed with a conference. Depending on who you talk to, the death of the Soutwestern Conference was just as much Texas' doing as anyone else. I won't pretend to act like I was interested or even know the mechanics of how that old conference fell apart, but a few fingers pointed at them.

Honestly...I hope everyone else in the conference does well...improves and has a stable few years.

Bambi 07-01-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8713583)
Alabama and Florida have options. Michigan and Ohio St have options. USC and Notre Dame have options. Any major football program has options, al you're implying is that they are more likely to use them, without really any shred of evidence to indicate it. You just like to say it, because it help you justify your decision.

Just let it go, man. You, as you repeatedly say, are in the conference you want to be in. Be in that conference, you really don't have to speculate on our any longer. Be free of it.

Texas is exactly where they want to be. Texas already has gobs of money, there is a point of diminishing returns. Texas wants to be in a region where it can play OU and a lot of Texas schools. That is what Texas wants. I know you don't believe it, nut Texas is actually very happy where they are, I know, I converse with quite a few of their alumni.

OU was a bit discontent, but now they are very happy. I doubt you actually frequent Big 12 boards, but the general mood there is actually quite positive. I know that's difficult for you and the Aggies to believe, but once you too announced your final intentions and we invited our new members, there's actually quite the feeling of camaraderie I hadn't experienced since we invited the four SWC schools to join.

So, if you really have to keep repeating the same old diatribe, without a shred of anything to back it up, in the faint glimmering hope the B12 (which you were once a founding member of) is going to go "poof" and justify every irrational fear you directed towards big bad Texas as well as the mountain of various manners to say "I told you so" to your envy to the west, then I guess that is the Hell you have decided to call home.

The venom being spewed by both MU and A&M fans now that they are gone is making the progress the Big 12 is showing now a bit unsurprising.

Almost to the point where one wishes they would have left sooner.

Bambi 07-01-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713586)
I will take your word for it since I don't ever go to the KU football thread as I care nothing about KU football.

Good, glad we got that out of the way.

HolyHandgernade 07-01-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

All that proved is that fans don't want to see a team that had clearly went into the tank. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, MU would have had the exact same numbers they did at that game.:rolleyes:

tredadda 07-01-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Alabama and Florida have options. Michigan and Ohio St have options. USC and Notre Dame have options. Any major football program has options, all you're implying is that they are more likely to use them, without really any shred of evidence to indicate it. You just like to say it, because it help you justify your decision.

Just let it go, man. You, as you repeatedly say, are in the conference you want to be in. Be in that conference, you really don't have to speculate on ours any longer. Be free of it.

Texas is exactly where they want to be. Texas already has gobs of money, there is a point of diminishing returns. Texas wants to be in a region where it can play OU and a lot of Texas schools. That is what Texas wants. I know you don't believe it, but Texas is actually very happy where they are, I know, I converse with quite a few of their alumni.

OU was a bit discontent, but now they are very happy. I doubt you actually frequent Big 12 boards, but the general mood there is actually quite positive. I know that's difficult for you and the Aggies to believe, but once you two announced your final intentions and we invited our new members, there's actually quite the feeling of camaraderie I hadn't experienced since we invited the four SWC schools to join.

1. ND is my primary team, so I know full well all about their options. They can go to pretty much any conference that they want (although the Pac-12 might be an issue). They choose to stay independent and are powerful enough that they were included in the playoff talks with conference commissioners.

2. UT unlike the aforementioned schools that I highlighted has flirted not once, but twice with the Pac-12. IN THE LAST TWO YEARS mind you. Kinda odd for a school that is supposedly "exactly where they want to be".

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

I'll be your huckleberry here.....you lessen your case by using the examples of Florida, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC or to even that extent ND. All but ND are in very stable conferences and haven't been hinting about looking into another conference. UT and OU were very public about that....so your comparison has no foundation.

Why would Texas want to leave a conference they control? Well, only if it could make more money like they could have with a move to the Pac-10. When they had to drop the LHN to become a member, and balked, the Pac-10 said "no thanks". I'll give UT their due...when that fell thru they went to Plan B and rebuilt the Big 12.....

You got WVU because they were spurned by another conference. I'm sure they will display that "camraderie" you want because truthfully they were left with few options. You did get a good replacement in TCU, but beyond Football they won't really contribute that much.

As I said before...I am glad you guys will survive. It will bring about continued stablility in College Football for the time being. Until the inevitable scramble for the chairs that will be set up for the 4 SuperConferences....

HolyHandgernade 07-01-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713275)
Except the SEC has no penalty for leaving and the Big XII had to sign a 13 year GOR to ensure no one leaves.

The SEC is a conference that has been around for decades, with relationships forged with much more than TV contract money. The B12 was put together with TV contracts in mind. Used to be that prenuptial agreements weren't necessary either until women started exploring their rights.

Have you ever thought that no GoR means that they feel the core group of schools is fully invested in one another, and any late comers just aren't much skin off their back whether they come or go? That would be you, the "little skin off their back".

The B!G also signs over their GoR, do they do it to ensure no one leaves as well? No, they do it for many of the same reasons we do it, in the face of conference uncertainty, networks are looking for more assurances that things won't go haywire once it is in effect. The GoR is more for their security than ours. That's not to say its not that as well, but you argument is simplistic.

Mosbonian 07-01-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713593)
The venom being spewed by both MU and A&M fans now that they are gone is making the progress the Big 12 is showing now a bit unsurprising.

Almost to the point where one wishes they would have left sooner.

ROFL...seriously, your really believe that? My gawd you are delusional

BigRock 07-01-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713574)
But where do they live? The fact of the matter is, news and events out of KC is constantly pro Mizzou, which is odd considering how much of a KU city it supposedly is.

That's all well and good. But your repeated theme was "How much did KU get"? From the group that exists only to donate to Missouri.

I mean, come on. That's kinda funny.

HolyHandgernade 07-01-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8713611)
1. ND is my primary team, so I know full well all about their options. They can go to pretty much any conference that they want (although the Pac-12 might be an issue). They choose to stay independent and are powerful enough that they were included in the playoff talks with conference commissioners.

2. UT unlike the aforementioned schools that I highlighted has flirted not once, but twice with the Pac-12. IN THE LAST TWO YEARS mind you. Kinda odd for a school that is supposedly "exactly where they want to be".

Really? Those schools have flirted? I must have missed all that drama!

There's always a period of unrest when unique situations arrive. There are many reasons the B12 was ripe for plucking, the two most obvious was that they had quality schools/teams and they are in the middle of the country. So, they were close to every other suitor.

But, as far as I can tell, UT and OU didn't go, unlike some other schools I could mention. The unrest was created by other schools, and they looked out for their own interest. Its a bit revisionist to suggest otherwise.

tredadda 07-01-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8713616)
The SEC is a conference that has been around for decades, with relationships forged with much more than TV contract money. The B12 was put together with TV contracts in mind. Used to be that prenuptial agreements weren't necessary either until women started exploring their rights.

Have you ever thought that no GoR means that they feel the core group of schools is fully invested in one another, and any late comers just aren't much skin off their back whether they come or go? That would be you, the "little skin off their back".

The B!G also signs over their GoR, do they do it to ensure no one leaves as well? No, they do it for many of the same reasons we do it, in the face of conference uncertainty, networks are looking for more assurances that things won't go haywire once it is in effect. The GoR is more for their security than ours. That's not to say its not that as well, but you argument is simplistic.

And the Big 12 of which 3/4ths of the members had been in a conference for 60+ years doesn't fit your definition of "around for decades with relationships forged with much more than TV money"? Wasn't KU/MU one of the biggest and oldest rivalries in college sports? How about OU/NU? Damn, you are Wickedson easy.

tredadda 07-01-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 8713622)
Really? Those schools have flirted? I must have missed all that drama!

There's always a period of unrest when unique situations arrive. There are many reasons the B12 was ripe for plucking, the two most obvious was that they had quality schools/teams and they are in the middle of the country. So, they were close to every other suitor.

But, as far as I can tell, UT and OU didn't go, unlike some other schools I could mention. The unrest was created by other schools, and they looked out for their own interest. Its a bit revisionist to suggest otherwise.

Reread my post. I guess I should have used simpler English. I will make note of that next time I respond to you. UT did not go because of the LHN, which no one wanted and they refused to drop.

Frazod 07-01-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8713582)

Holding the rest of us responsible for what Saul does is like blaming regular KU fans for your stupidity.

I also have zero posts in the KU football thread. And I wouldn't go to Kansas to take a shit, much less live there.