ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The word "hillbilly" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202529)

kstater 02-16-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497727)
I agree about building through the draft. You can't criticize people who want some free agents since the Chiefs have so much cap room.

You really should be a WPI member if you can't face criticism.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497752)
Dude, I can say whatever I want.

JFC.

You REALLY ARE a moron.

I hope the Chiefs are more active than you would be. Bring in some 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Someone like Jason Brown, who you have advocated. I'm tired of losing and it won't take much to content in the AFC West.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5497786)
Speaking of hillbillies, did anyone else watch that show from a few days ago on 20/20 or Dateline about hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains?

It was crazy - apparently everyone drinks Mountain Dew non-stop and the kids have major cavity problems. .

Um, that's a national problem(not just with MD) with kids.

RJ 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

So you guys were having an argument in another thread but then Sam Hall started this thread for you to argue in some more?

Is this like when the bartender says "Ok you guys, take it outside"?

As to the starter.....I come from a long line of hillbillies and no, it's not derogatory.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497794)
I hope the Chiefs are more active than you would be. Bring in some 2nd and 3rd tier guys. Someone like Jason Brown, who you have advocated. I'm tired of losing and it won't take much to content in the AFC West.

Weren't you the one demeaning a Kansas State education earlier?

StcChief 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

I nominate "Cracker" as well....

Demonpenz 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...93#post5354693

sam hall gets all worked up because terril pryor is not available to be interviewed

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5497787)
You really should be a WPI member if you can't face criticism.

Someone from LA shouldn't be allowed the spew that kind of bias.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:06 PM

Question:

Is this the yearly "DaneMcCloud is a dick" thread starter or will there be more to follow since it's only February?

Jawshco 02-16-2009 06:06 PM

I don't see Hillbilly as being a racial slur at all. It doesn't have anything to do with race. It's more of a cultural thing. If you live in the South Eastern "hills" of the United States in a community of naturalist, city-shunning people- then I'm pretty sure you've embraced being a Hillbilly. It's a culture of music, stories, and hardwork that doesn't necesarilly carry any negative connotations.

I suppose you couldn't say the same for Baldnobbers, but I grew up in the Ozarks and never gave the term 'Hillbilly' a second thought until I moved to California and had some people looking a bit shocked when I said it. But I said it kindly. I've always enjoyed Branson with it's Call of the Hills, Silver Dollar City, and whatnot. I suppose it's all about the intent behind why you're saying it that could make the difference.

Off topic: Being overly PC is just annoying to me. I'm white, but I'm okay with White men Can't Jump...dance, etc. Because, it's sometimes true and funny.

Sam Hall 02-16-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 5497802)
Weren't you the one demeaning a Kansas State education earlier?

6 or 7 wins could contend in our division. That would be a good first step.

Mecca 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 5497786)
Speaking of hillbillies, did anyone else watch that show from a few days ago on 20/20 or Dateline about hillbillies in the Appalachian Mountains?

It was crazy - apparently everyone drinks Mountain Dew non-stop and the kids have major cavity problems. Also, incest is legit problem - this one guy they were following during this show got pissed at his brother for having sex with his half-sister.

It was nuts.

Thanks for that disturbing story.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497805)
Someone from LA doesn't be allowed the spew that kind of bias.

I'm from Kansas, you hillbilly.

kstater 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5497805)
Someone from LA doesn't be allowed the spew that kind of bias.

You must be getting one of those Kansas State University educations.

bogey 02-16-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5497807)
Question:

Is this the yearly "DaneMcCloud is a dick" thread starter or will there be more to follow since it's only February?

I suspect there will be more.