ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV American Horror Story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250991)

Okie_Apparition 10-05-2011 09:18 PM

American Horror Story

On FX. The pilot was on tonight & I think I'll be watching. Not because I think it's good. I want to know what happens next

sd4chiefs 10-05-2011 10:55 PM

This is the best new show of the Fall if not of all time. Or I was just really high when I watched it. :clap:

Chiefnj2 10-06-2011 07:04 AM

A little too much thrown at you right away. They strayed from the typical horror approaches of (1) lots of slowly built tension, and (2) the sudden gotcha moments. They could have done better with more tension. They threw too many elements at you right away without any buildup - creepy mom & daughter, latex man, switching maid, burn man, twins, Columbine classmate, sleepwalking ala Amityville Horror, devil impregnation ala Rosemary's Baby, killer baby ghost in the basement, etc.

ModSocks 10-06-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7971689)
A little too much thrown at you right away. They strayed from the typical horror approaches of (1) lots of slowly built tension, and (2) the sudden gotcha moments. They could have done better with more tension. They threw too many elements at you right away without any buildup - creepy mom & daughter, latex man, switching maid, burn man, twins, Columbine classmate, sleepwalking ala Amityville Horror, devil impregnation ala Rosemary's Baby, killer baby ghost in the basement, etc.

Damn. They covered all that in one Episode? How long was the episoide? I have it recorded so I'm sure I'll get to it at some point.

QuikSsurfer 10-06-2011 09:42 AM

I wanted to see this... ::sigh::

Deberg_1990 10-06-2011 09:42 AM

This thing looks insane. Like a really whacked out episode of Nip/Tuck or Glee....oh wait, its from the same creators!

ModSocks 10-06-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7972001)
This thing looks insane. Like a really whacked out episode of Nip/Tuck or Glee....oh wait, its from the same creators!

Wait...the creators of Nip/tuck also created Glee? WTF?

Deberg_1990 10-06-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7972097)
the creators of Nip/tuck also created Glee

This

CoMoChief 10-06-2011 10:43 AM

I DVR 'd this...can't wait to watch it tonight

Okie_Apparition 10-06-2011 10:45 AM

It's too dark, as in turn on some lights. The Miss Corky could drive anyone to murder
I think they want to do with "shit" what Deadwood did to "one who sucks the penis."/stupid filter :cuss:

Deberg_1990 10-08-2011 08:18 PM

Weirdest freakshow of a series ever. But highly watchable. Season pass on the DVR set, ive got to see where this things goes...

Reerun_KC 10-08-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 7971998)
I wanted to see this... ::sigh::

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs

Red Brooklyn 10-08-2011 08:58 PM

Not a fan. I'll give it a few weeks. But so far it's just way too weird for the sake of being weird. Feels like I'm watching a bad student film.

Brock 10-08-2011 09:02 PM

Connie Britton: MILF. Although I think they're going out of their way to make her look kind of old on this show.

QuikSsurfer 10-08-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7977619)

Thank you sir!

Tribal Warfare 10-08-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7977676)
Not a fan. I'll give it a few weeks. But so far it's just way too weird for the sake of being weird. Feels like I'm watching a bad student film.

they are trying to get Kubrick's "Shining" feel to it

Reerun_KC 10-11-2011 09:40 AM

Going to give it at least one or two more weeks before I decide to pull the plug or not.

Also no more ass shots of some dude jerking it... And more of Connie...

ModSocks 10-11-2011 09:42 AM

I thought the show was pretty good. It's not what I was expecting but it was entertaining. I'll keep my season pass on it.

Deberg_1990 10-11-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7986084)
And more of Connie...

yes please! more shots of bondage man pounding Connie.

ModSocks 10-11-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7986101)
yes please! more shots of bondage man pounding Connie.

Heh. Forgot about that. That was pretty hot.

Red Brooklyn 10-11-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7977862)
they are trying to get Kubrick's "Shining" feel to it

Well, they're doing it wrong.

kcxiv 10-12-2011 02:09 AM

Finally watched this today. I enjoyed it, its pretty freaky and trippy and all of the above. I forgot FX is able to use just about any curse word outside of the F word. Which was a pleasant surprise to me.

Ill keep on it.

Okie_Apparition 10-12-2011 09:35 PM

I'm pretty sure scary things can happen in the day light or under a 60+watt bulb. & the neighbor bitch needs to feed her children cupcakes

Deberg_1990 10-12-2011 10:06 PM

Another great episode tonight. This show rocks!!! Although, they did rip off "The Strangers" a little bit...... : )

KcMizzou 10-12-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7990843)
Another great episode tonight. This show rocks!!! Although, they did rip off "The Strangers" a little bit...... : )

Heh, they're ripping off everything... and aren't ashamed of it.

Deberg_1990 10-12-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7990849)

heh, its so zany and over the top, how you can not watch?

Deberg_1990 10-13-2011 06:32 AM

on another note, i liked how this show ended.....the last line where the wife said something like "we are selling this house". Thats obviously what most sane people would do if whacked out stuff happened like that. But if they move then there would be no show. I wonder how they intend to keep them in this house and keep it logical?

Chiefnj2 10-13-2011 06:58 AM

Did the neighbor want to kill violet, or did the neighbor somehow know that the family would be attacked and someone else would eat the cupcake?

Tribal Warfare 10-13-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7991169)
on another note, i liked how this show ended.....the last line where the wife said something like "we are selling this house". Thats obviously what most sane people would do if whacked out stuff happened like that. But if they move then there would be no show. I wonder how they intend to keep them in this house and keep it logical?

This type of genre usually has a short half life, because of pacing and climax. So, I believe there will be many families one after another that live in that "cursed" house.

ModSocks 10-13-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7990843)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7990849)

Pretty much.

Still an entertaining show though. I thought this episode was better than the first.

ModSocks 10-13-2011 10:51 AM

The one thing that I found strange was that the husband sees the maid as some hot, sleezy chick, while the rest of the family sees her as some old woman.

At what point IRL does the husband say, "uh, sweetie, why is our maid running around in french maid lingerie?"

Extra Point 10-13-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7991198)
Did the neighbor want to kill violet, or did the neighbor somehow know that the family would be attacked and someone else would eat the cupcake?

She knew what would happen. Her only surprise was that the ghosts did the two people in, in the basement.

Mom wasn't fazed by the Ipecac. Interesting, huh?

Phone call to Mom?

No real operation, MAYBE?

If this show lasts only one season, that would be enough. Good stuff.

ModSocks 10-13-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7991674)
She knew what would happen. Her only surprise was that the ghosts did the two people in, in the basement.

How'd you come to that conclusion?

Okie_Apparition 10-13-2011 11:16 AM

I don't know who's real & who isn't. The neighbor told the maid she'd already killed her once. Then refered to them(young/old) as two different people. It sounds like the physco boy could be the neighbor's kid too.

That could explain why she wanted to kill Violet. He called the boy's mom & said he couldn't treat him anymore because he was getting too close to the daughter. The neighbor had said in the first show, no one messes with my child. I don't remember which happen first. Her making the cupcakes or him making the call

Chiefnj2 10-13-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7991674)

Mom wasn't fazed by the Ipecac. Interesting, huh?

Phone call to Mom?

No real operation, MAYBE?

If this show lasts only one season, that would be enough. Good stuff.

I didn't think the mom ever actually took a bite. I could be wrong though.

ModSocks 10-13-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7991705)
I didn't think the mom ever actually took a bite. I could be wrong though.

I am pretty sure she didn't. Something occurred and she dropped the cup cake. I can't recall what happened though. I didn't start watching the episode till around midnight last night so some things are a little blurry.

Extra Point 10-13-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7991710)
I am pretty sure she didn't. Something occurred and she dropped the cup cake. I can't recall what happened though. I didn't start watching the episode till around midnight last night so some things are a little blurry.

She ate half. Remember the neighbor lady insisting on the crumbs being removed?

Chiefnj2 10-13-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point (Post 7991716)
She ate half. Remember the neighbor lady insisting on the crumbs being removed?

She cut it in half, took half in her hand, but then didn't eat any of it. I think her husband and the maid came in the room and interrupted.

Chiefnj2 10-13-2011 11:45 AM

My guess is that Tate is the son of Constance's husband. I don't know if he is Constance's son - the one she referred to as not having Downs Syndrome, but something else got him, or if he is the son of Constance's husband and the maid he had an affair with. I'm assuming a lot, but I'm guessing Constance lived in the house at one point, hired the maid and the maid seduced her husband.

ModSocks 10-13-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7991725)
She cut it in half, took half in her hand, but then didn't eat any of it. I think her husband and the maid came in the room and interrupted.

This. She was about to eat half after cutting it and then something interrupted them.

Okie_Apparition 10-13-2011 11:51 AM

Either they all die & become ghosts or the ghosts take partial control of their bodies like the maid. Then a new family moves in.

58kcfan89 10-13-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7991768)
My guess is that Tate is the son of Constance's husband. I don't know if he is Constance's son - the one she referred to as not having Downs Syndrome, but something else got him, or if he is the son of Constance's husband and the maid he had an affair with. I'm assuming a lot, but I'm guessing Constance lived in the house at one point, hired the maid and the maid seduced her husband.

This is kinda what I'm thinking. Constance & her kid seem to have a big attachment to the house to not have lived in it (or have some traumatic event happen there).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 7991778)
Either they all die & become ghosts or the ghosts take partial control of their bodies like the maid. Then a new family moves in.

Maybe down the road, but I don't think they'd bring in someone like Connie Britton & take her off the show that quickly. Pretty sure she's a big draw (hell, she's the reason I got into it. Loved her in FNL.) & they'll want to keep her around for a bit.

As for the "selling the house" thing, I'll bet they do what every horror movie does (shocker, right?). The dad (Ben?) wasn't there for the people trying to reenact the murders, so he probably won't believe all the weird crap that happened. Plus, they got it really cheap. The two will fight before more weird house crap happens.... JMO.

At this point, I'm enjoying it. At times, it's weird for the sake of weird, and yeah, they're stealing crap from a ton of other horror movies, but I'm hooked. And I really want to know WTF is up with the basement lol.

BTW, the young maid (Alexandra Breckenridge) is HAWT. :hump:

Chiefnj2 10-13-2011 02:55 PM

As far as not being able to get rid of the house, they could just not find a new buyer due to the history.

Okie_Apparition 10-19-2011 08:59 PM

Internet sales of maid outfits just soared through the roof in the past hour

58kcfan89 10-20-2011 04:47 PM

I thought the episode last night was a bit of a letdown, but the previews for next week looked like business is gunna pick up. I'm still interested...

ohiobronco2 10-26-2011 10:03 PM

Thoughts on tonight's episode. :shrug:

KcMizzou 10-26-2011 10:19 PM

I'm not sure WTF is going on, but I'm entertained.

Gimp Suit is clearly not one of the gay dudes... maybe the spirit of the baby the Doc was trying to re-animated Frankenstein style?

Hell, I dunno...

58kcfan89 10-26-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8051912)
I'm not sure WTF is going on, but I'm entertained.

Gimp Suit is clearly not one of the gay dudes... maybe the spirit of the baby the Doc was trying to re-animated Frankenstein style?

Hell, I dunno...

Pretty much how I feel haha. I'm not sure how long this whole shtick can hold up, but for now, I'm definitely gunna keep watching.

The suit guy is kinda annoying at this point, I'm sure there's going to be some huge revelation eventually, but I'm not a big fan of it right now.

Was cool seeing Spock/Sylar, I think he's a good actor (and yes, I'm aware he's gay. Whatever.). Wouldn't mind seeing him on the show more often.

Chiefnj2 10-27-2011 05:31 AM

After all of the bizarre things that happened at the house, you'd think the husband and wife would have 'googled' its history and saw photos of the two gay guys that were killed in the house right before them. They should have recognized the ghosts.

Deberg_1990 10-29-2011 04:08 PM

heh, just got caught up from the past 2 weeks....just some whacked out freaky sh*t. Just when you think it gets nuts, they go past that and over the edge. No idea where this is going or if its going to make any sort of real sense, but its a pretty fun ride so far.

keg in kc 11-01-2011 07:41 AM

Not as bad as I thought?

Apparently it's been renewed for a 2nd season and is tracking to be FX's highest-rated freshman series to date.

'course people watching doesn't necessarily equal good, and vice versa. Terriers proved that point well.

old_geezer 11-01-2011 07:56 AM

I'm a Si-Fi/horror junkie so I'm a little biased, but I love this show. It's become my favorite already, surpassing "Sons of Anarchy" for #1. Glad to see it's already been renewed for another season. Now I hope Connie Britton makes it to season 2. I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that they were considering killing off many, if not all, of the main characters and giving the house a new family for the next season. Than would suck.

Edit: Now I remember where I read it - from an Entertainment Weekly mag that was laying around at the break room where I work.

Chiefnj2 11-01-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old_geezer (Post 8070242)
I'm a Si-Fi/horror junkie so I'm a little biased, but I love this show. It's become my favorite already, surpassing "Sons of Anarchy" for #1. Glad to see it's already been renewed for another season. Now I hope Connie Britton makes it to season 2. I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that they were considering killing off many, if not all, of the main characters and giving the house a new family for the next season. Than would suck.

Edit: Now I remember where I read it - from an Entertainment Weekly mag that was laying around at the break room where I work.

If they were killed off wouldn't they stay around as ghosts for the next family?

old_geezer 11-01-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8070334)
If they were killed off wouldn't they stay around as ghosts for the next family?

That actually was one of the possible story lines they were considering but several of the actors had only signed 1 year contracts (Jessica Lange was the only one mentioned that I remember) and were highly likely to be gone for good.

Deberg_1990 11-01-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that they were considering killing off many, if not all, of the main characters and giving the house a new family for the next season. Than would suck.

This would actually make sense if they want to keep a certain "reality" to it. IMO theres only so long a family would be willing to stay and live in a house like that.

58kcfan89 11-02-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8070220)
Not as bad as I thought?

Apparently it's been renewed for a 2nd season and is tracking to be FX's highest-rated freshman series to date.

'course people watching doesn't necessarily equal good, and vice versa. Terriers proved that point well.

Eff yes. I re-watched a few of the episodes on Monday (after the Chiefs game, obviously) when they did a marathon & really can't wait to see how the season ends. Speaking of which, anyone know how many more episodes they have?

Quote:

If they kill off the family (which obviously isn't too difficult to see), they'd have to keep at least some of the neighbors & supporting cast, right? I mean, the family getting offed then having a whole new neighborhood move in would be a little ridiculous IMO.

But as long as Alexandra Breckenridge is back, I can dig it.

KcMizzou 11-02-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 8074203)
Eff yes. I re-watched a few of the episodes on Monday (after the Chiefs game, obviously) when they did a marathon & really can't wait to see how the season ends. Speaking of which, anyone know how many more episodes they have?

Looks like 13 episodes. Tonight's only what... the fifth?

notorious 11-02-2011 05:06 PM

My wife and I have watched 3 episodes, and we have enjoyed it so far.

It's different.

Baby Lee 11-02-2011 05:50 PM

If you think the daughter looks familar, its because it's Vera Farmiga's little sister.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3920288/

58kcfan89 11-04-2011 02:02 AM

Did anyone watch Wednesday night? Thought it was a good episode, but I was confused as hell until the end lol.

jiveturkey 11-04-2011 07:25 AM

Who's the guy in the rubber suit? A lot of other things make sense (or seem to) but I can't figure out the rubber guy.

DJJasonp 11-04-2011 02:40 PM

I'm enjoying this.....a cross between The Shining and Twin Peaks

ModSocks 11-04-2011 03:39 PM

I thought the last episode was the best so far.

Baby Lee 11-04-2011 07:02 PM

It's been a raging debate in other corners of the intertubes, and debunked already, but still interesting. . . Who thought that Sylar's boyfriend looked and acted scarily like Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood?

KcMizzou 11-04-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8079155)
It's been a raging debate in other corners of the intertubes, and debunked already, but still interesting. . . Who thought that Sylar's boyfriend looked and acted scarily like Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood?

For a while I thought it might actually be him.

stonedstooge 11-09-2011 08:45 PM

Bump

stonedstooge 11-09-2011 08:55 PM

Anyone else have hearing problems? This show as well as Sons seems to be recorded in a way that makes it almost impossible for me to pick up what is being said, even with the volume set at 30 when I normally have it set at 14. Anyone else notice this?

58kcfan89 11-09-2011 09:07 PM

Well, we're 5 minutes in & this episode is already thoroughly ****ed up...

Eric Stonestreet is a guest-star, too. EMAW!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8095976)
Anyone else have hearing problems? This show as well as Sons seems to be recorded in a way that makes it almost impossible for me to pick up what is being said, even with the volume set at 30 when I normally have it set at 14. Anyone else notice this?

I haven't noticed anything except for a few minutes of a few episodes. Nothing too big on my end.

Okie_Apparition 11-09-2011 10:25 PM

I'm still not sure who's a ghost & who isn't. If they haven't left the house other than on halloween(according to the show last week) they may be dead.

New people to occupy the house every season sounds like a good plan

Chiefnj2 11-09-2011 10:42 PM

I thought tonights episode was good overall. Learned a lot about Tate.

I was enjoying Stonestreet and the piggy, piggy until the end of that storyline. Really bad ending for that.

Enjoyed Violet seeing everyone in the basement. Someone needs to kill the husband. He's just annoying and is a horrible therapist.

Okie_Apparition 11-09-2011 10:51 PM

In his mind he saw pig man, is how I took it. Though it's a stretch

notorious 11-10-2011 06:57 PM

Badass series. The first 5-7 minutes of this show was intense until the jock went full reerun.

"This stops now!". Really? He deserved it.

58kcfan89 11-10-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8098317)
Badass series. The first 5-7 minutes of this show was intense until the jock went full reerun.

Yeah, I mean at least try to grab the gun, sneak up on him or throw a chair at him. Try something, cause he clearly isn't gunna listen to reason....

But yeah, that scene was pretty messed up. I'm starting to enjoy the show more and more.

Tribal Warfare 11-10-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8098317)

I thought when they first showed the prelude to this Tate was wearing grim reaper skull face paint.

Brock 11-11-2011 12:45 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna eat this food my crazy neighbor brought over for me.

pfft.

Red Brooklyn 11-11-2011 11:15 PM

Yeah. I'm still just not feeling this show. There are some really interesting things going on for sure. But mostly I'm just bored. Nothing has really scared me, or even creeped me out. It's all derivative. It's been done before, and done better.

I don't know. I'll keep watching through Season One... but mostly out of a desire to be proven wrong.

Okie_Apparition 11-12-2011 09:31 PM

If the maid can age past her death. Will all the aborted babies attack latter

notorious 11-12-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8099097)
I thought when they first showed the prelude to this Tate was wearing grim reaper skull face paint.

Yep.

Okie_Apparition 11-16-2011 11:00 PM

Ghosts give great hummers
most of the time

58kcfan89 11-16-2011 11:00 PM

I was totally thinking about The Simpsons treehouse of horror episode with Hugo during the first 5 minutes or so.

I'm getting a little annoyed seeing as how it's hard to keep track of who's dead and who's not, but I can deal with it. I'd really like to see a body count from the series thus far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8117108)
Ghosts give great hummers
most of the time

I <3 Alexandra Breckenridge.