ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The formerdb / Filmroom QB theory with facts even (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261969)

Dave Lane 08-01-2012 09:46 AM

The formerdb / Filmroom QB theory with facts even

The short of it, this is NOT a QB driven league.

Say what?

Well here's some interesting facts he threw out there that at least may give you pause. I thought it was interesting series of tweets. The collective CP hive mind may be blown.

Big Ben attempted 16 passes a game in the season he won his first ring.

Is it Big Ben, Eli Manning, Rogers that turned the fortunes of Pittsburgh, NYG, Green Bay around? Seems to me they always been pretty good.

Statistically neither Brady or Big Ben's 23 SB rating screams elite to me at the times they won.

Since Tom Brady has put up elite numbers, his team hasn't won a SB, won 3 with above average numbers. But it's a QB driven league

Ben won with a rating in the 20's in his first SB.

During Pats SB runs with Pioli/Crennel/Daboll the QB rating of Tom Brady never surpassed the rating Cassel posted in 2010.

I disagree...SB have a way of getting spun overwhelmingly in the QB favor, when other factors contributed more at times.

Brady wasn't elite when he won. Like I said, myths. Research and tell me they were elite when they won. what about his second and third? Never had a higher rating than Cassel's 2010 rating...is Cassel elite?

Last 12 years 2 top 5 offenses have won SB, 5 top 10 offenses have won. Same span 5 top 5 defenses have won, 8 top 10 defenses have won SB.

In Big Ben's title runs he led the 15th and 22nd offense along with the 4th and 1st ranked defense...but it's a QB league.

if the offense can be top 10 then I would do backflips...what I am saying...ppl need to quit with the "QB league" mess.

yeah, it's a media spin job...not the statistical support needed to continue perpetuating the myth of "QB win SB".

‏From Me:

@TheFilmRoom Since according to your tweets its not a QB league is it your assertion the Chiefs can go to the SB with Cassel at the helm?

Cordell ‏@TheFilmRoom
If San Fran with Alex Smith can knock on the door along with Flacco, and Sanchez then I see it as a possibility.

DaKCMan AP 08-01-2012 09:50 AM

The last 9 Super Bowl winning QBs:

Eli
Rodgers
Brees
Ben
Eli
Peyton
Ben
Brady
Brady

End of discussion.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2012 09:51 AM

It's still a QB driven league, because stats are bullshit, and elite QBs are making plays to win games.

The Franchise 08-01-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8782587)
The short of it, this is NOT a QB driven league.

Say what?

Well here's some interesting fact he through out there that at least may give you pause. I thought it was interesting series of tweet. The collective CP hive mind may be blown.

Big Ben attempted 16 passes a game in the season he won his first ring.

Is it Big Ben, Eli Manning, Rogers that turned the fortunes of Pittsburgh, NYG, Green Bay around? Seems to me they always been pretty good.

Statistically neither Brady or Big Ben's 23 SB rating screams elite to me at the times they won.

Since Tom Brady has put up elite numbers, his team hasn't won a SB, won 3 with above average numbers. But it's a QB driven league

Ben won with a rating in the 20's in his first SB.

During Pats SB runs with Pioli/Crennel/Daboll the QB rating of Tom Brady never surpassed the rating Cassel posted in 2010.

I disagree...SB have a way of getting spun overwhelmingly in the QB favor, when other factors contributed more at times.

Brady wasn't elite when he won. Like I said, myths. Research and tell me they were elite when they won. what about his second and third? Never had a higher rating than Cassel's 2010 rating...is Cassel elite?

Last 12 years 2 top 5 offenses have won SB, 5 top 10 offenses have won. Same span 5 top 5 defenses have won, 8 top 10 defenses have won SB.

In Big Ben's title runs he led the 15th and 22nd offense along with the 4th and 1st ranked defense...but it's a QB league.

if the offense can be top 10 then I would do backflips...what I am saying...ppl need to quit with the "QB league" mess.

yeah, it's a media spin job...not the statistical support needed to continue perpetuating the myth of "QB win SB".

‏From Me:

@TheFilmRoom Since according to your tweets its not a QB league is it your assertion the Chiefs can go to the SB with Cassel at the helm?

Cordell ‏@TheFilmRoom
If San Fran with Alex Smith can knock on the door along with Flacco, and Sanchez then I see it as a possibility.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YizInnc1KKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Talking Can 08-01-2012 09:52 AM

lolololol

so that's why all the superbowls are won by shitty QBs...

The Franchise 08-01-2012 09:53 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KEW4hnL23YY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 08-01-2012 09:53 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ey4VdWauoYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 08-01-2012 09:54 AM

It's not impossible for us to make noise in the playoffs (if we are lucky enough to get there) if our defense and run game are great. However, at some point your QB has to make big plays against good defenses, and Cassel has shown he can't do that.

OnTheWarpath15 08-01-2012 09:58 AM

I can't respect anything the guy posts anymore after that mind-numbingly stupid display.

Never go full reerun.

Titty Meat 08-01-2012 10:01 AM

I don't give a shit what some guy on twitter post. He's not a scout but pretends to be one.

Sofa King 08-01-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8782598)
The last 9 Super Bowl winning QBs:

Eli
Rodgers
Brees
Ben
Eli
Peyton
Ben
Brady
Brady

End of discussion.

/thread

durtyrute 08-01-2012 10:04 AM

Well, then it's a good thing we DON'T have an elite QB.

milkman 08-01-2012 10:08 AM

I've banged this drum over and over again.

I've defined "Franchise QB" as a guy that makes plays when plays need to be made.

You don't need a QB to put up 4 or 5 thousand yards.

You need a QB that steps up when the game is on the line.

The one commonality about all of the last 10 or 12 SB winners, from Kurt Warner to Ben Roethlisberger to Eli Manning, is those QBs all stepped up and made plays when it mattered most.

Ace Gunner 08-01-2012 10:11 AM

That is funny shit.

King_Chief_Fan 08-01-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8782658)
I've banged this drum over and over again.

I've defined "Franchise QB" as a guy that makes plays when plays need to be made.

You don't need a QB to put up 4 or 5 thousand yards.

You need a QB that steps up when the game is on the line.

The one commonality about all of the last 10 or 12 SB winners, from Kurt Warner to Ben Roethlisberger to Eli Manning, is those QBs all stepped up and made plays when it mattered most.

indeed