ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Hangover Cures Part Deux. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=220850)

Titty Meat 01-01-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15436312)
Pretty sure I damaged my liver last night. Haven't gotten that bad in a long time.

Did you hit up MoBrew?

crispystl 01-01-2021 10:04 PM

Those Nuun tablets work really well imop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crispystl 01-01-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 15435727)
Aspirin and alcohol, always a wonderful combination.

Weed helps a lot too. It also helps negate any nausea and increases your appetite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-01-2021 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15436287)
So I had to look this up.

Aspirin and alcohol is relatively safe. Aspirin can cause some stomach distress, if you take a lot of it and have had a lot to drink, otherwise the most you might expect is some nausea.

Tylenol is more 'scary,' but not really a big deal either. The issue is that your liver uses the same chemical compound to process both Tylenol and Alcohol. Complete depletion of that chemical compound can result in liver damage.

But we're talking about quite a lot of either alcohol or Tylenol. An adult can typically take as much as 4,000mg of Tylenol a day without harm. So you'd have to either take more Tylenol than that, or drink a large amount of alcohol and take a fairly large dose of Tylenol to create a situation that might be harmful to your liver.

So if you're not habitual about either taking Tylenol or drinking a lot of alcohol, taking a couple Tylenol after a single night of binge drinking shouldn't be a big deal.

Mystery solved.

Alcohol and aspirin both have antiplatelet activity.

DCTwister 01-01-2021 10:11 PM

I haven’t had a hangover in nearly a decade. Not drinking helps a lot!

Demonpenz 01-01-2021 10:18 PM

I took like 7000 mgs of tylonal per day for like weeks. It raised an eyebrow on my bloodwork. As far as Hangovers. If you go past hangovers are ha ha funny territory and into detoxing alcoholic territory adivan is nice. also just alternate hot showers and cold baths. and get a bucket for throwing up and get gatorade and try to drink the gatorade but you will still throw most if it up

Titty Meat 01-01-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15436565)
I took like 7000 mgs of tylonal per day for like weeks. It raised an eyebrow on my bloodwork. As far as Hangovers. If you go past hangovers are ha ha funny territory and into detoxing alcoholic territory adivan is nice. also just alternate hot showers and cold baths. and get a bucket for throwing up and get gatorade and try to drink the gatorade but you will still throw most if it up

Did you go to Wallabys last night?

Demonpenz 01-01-2021 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15436589)
Did you go to Wallabys last night?

Damn I never drank at that place. There are some real alchoholic bars in the area and I dropped in there one time and people were drunk as **** at like noon on Wednesday. There is a place on Johnson drive next to a quick trip same thing. Like factory workers on meth ****ed up in the morning. I unfortunately was exposed to my brother in law whom has corona and my parents haven't got out of bed and I have been whipped out. My work nurse didn't say to get tested but I don't have much taste and I have been sleeping 90 percent of the day since monday.

Lzen 01-01-2021 10:58 PM

Everybody is asking about aspirin and Tylenol. I want to know about ibuprofen. Is there a danger in taking that? That is my go to for headaches. I usually take anywhere from 2-4 tablets (200mg).

Also, is there some suggestion that smoking weed might help avoid a hangover. Any truth to that? Asking for a friend.

Fish 01-02-2021 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15436509)
Did you hit up MoBrew?

Haven't been there since spring, unfortunately.

Fish 01-02-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 15436698)
Everybody is asking about aspirin and Tylenol. I want to know about ibuprofen. Is there a danger in taking that? That is my go to for headaches. I usually take anywhere from 2-4 tablets (200mg).

Also, is there some suggestion that smoking weed might help avoid a hangover. Any truth to that? Asking for a friend.

In simple terms, Aspirin/Tylenol is acetaminophen, which is processed by the liver. Ibuprofen is processed by the kidneys. Using acetaminophen while using alcohol is basically double taxing your liver since it has to process both at the same time. I think..

Abba-Dabba 01-02-2021 12:37 AM

Honey over mangos, plain toast and water.

Buehler445 01-02-2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 15436263)
Serious question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15436802)
In simple terms, Aspirin/Tylenol is acetaminophen, which is processed by the liver. Ibuprofen is processed by the kidneys. Using acetaminophen while using alcohol is basically double taxing your liver since it has to process both at the same time. I think..

Aspirin is a different active ingredient than Tylenol.

Tylenol won’t thin your blood like aspirin will but it’s hard on your liver.

Aspirin thins your blood. That’s why heart patients take it. Alcohol has a similar effect. Hamas can explain it way better than me. According to a google of the label you shouldn’t take aspirin if you have more than 3 drinks/day.

kjwood75nro 01-02-2021 12:46 AM

Maintain a heavy, persistent drinking schedule that renders hangovers a thing of the past.

As for the sleep issues, depression, irritability, diarrhea, heartburn, nihilism, and persistent side pain...

Well, it's a new year.

Oh, and Prilosec.

AussieChiefsFan 01-02-2021 04:16 AM

https://shop.coles.com.au/wcsstore/C.../2/1726056.jpg