ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ravens cry foul over noncall on final play of loss to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319453)

Hammock Parties 12-09-2018 11:37 PM

Ravens cry foul over noncall on final play of loss to Chiefs

BITTER RATBIRDS :deevee: ROFL

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...209-story.html

Quote:

As Ravens quarterback Robert Griffin III dropped back to pass on what proved to be the final play of Sunday’s game, the odds were not good.

The Ravens were down a field goal in overtime. Starting quarterback Lamar Jackson was out with an ankle injury. Under two minutes remained. The team faced a fourth-and-22 from its 41-yard line. According to ESPN, the Kansas City Chiefs’ win probability was over 79 percent.

But after the pass fell incomplete and the 27-24 overtime loss was sealed, the Ravens were unhappy the game hadn’t lasted at least a play longer. Coach John Harbaugh, wide receiver Willie Snead IV and Griffin said the officials missed a pass-interference penalty on Chiefs cornerback and Baltimore native Kendall Fuller.

The penalty would’ve produced an automatic Ravens first down and kept alive their hopes for a game-tying field goal or game-winning touchdown.

“Yeah, I saw it,” Harbaugh said. “I think you guys should write what you see. You want us to get up here and criticize the officiating. You saw the officiating all day. You know what it was. You should write what you see. You don’t get fined for it, right?” (Coaches are subject to NFL fines for criticism of the officiating.)

Griffin said he didn’t have a chance to warm up before entering the game facing a third-and-22. His first throw was an incompletion, and after Jackson did not return to the huddle, the team’s third-string quarterback dropped back one final time.

He targeted Snead, running an out-breaking route close to the line to gain. “I was like, ‘I got a chance here,’ ” Snead recalled thinking. Had he made a sixth catch Sunday, the reception might have come up just short of the 37-yard line he needed to reach.

But he said he felt premature contact from Fuller, and Griffin saw the same.

“I mean, of course I did,” said Snead, who had a team-high 61 yards. “I thought that. At the end of the day, it’s out of my control. I got to catch the ball, but I felt like I would’ve been short anyways, but at the end of the day, there was contact. But it is what it is. You just got to learn from it and move on.”

He added: “There were calls we could’ve got all over the game, but at the end of the day, it came down to that play. I didn’t get the call. At the end of the day, I didn’t get the catch.”

Griffin, who said he hadn’t been able to watch a replay of the coverage, blamed himself for not throwing a better pass. But he pointed to the Ravens’ indignant sideline reaction as a reflection of his own perception of the noncall.

“I felt like Willie ran a great route and the DB got there a little early, and they didn't call it,” Griffin said. “It makes me feel a little bad. I feel like I let the team down in that situation. I was ready to go and I tried to do the best I could at that time. Just wish I could've done more."

CrazyPhuD 12-09-2018 11:39 PM

Quoth the raven...."you lost bro"

Eleazar 12-09-2018 11:40 PM

It was a clean play, and no way is it going to get called in that situation anyway.

But, we should be self aware enough to know that CP would be melting down about massive league-wide conspiracies to keep the Chiefs down if the situation had been reversed.

Tnerped 12-09-2018 11:43 PM

They fail to mention all the roughing the passer calls not made that could have changed the game as well. Rose colored glasses.

PunkinDrublic 12-09-2018 11:44 PM

Sneed was a crybaby bitch today. It was vintage Ed Mccaffrey.

MVChiefFan 12-09-2018 11:45 PM

Good lord, that was 50/50 at best, and I really think that’s giving it some. I’ve seen worse not get called.

Bump 12-09-2018 11:46 PM

we've had to overcome so much with the refs this season, don't want to hear it.

RINGLEADER 12-09-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13948880)
Good lord, that was 50/50 at best, and I really think that’s giving it some. I’ve seen worse not get called.

This.

Maybe they should have stopped the Chiefs in those two fourth down plays instead of blaming a non-penalty that wasn’t called. Losers.

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-09-2018 11:49 PM

Douche is fighting for his job, so MEH...

MVChiefFan 12-09-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13948885)
This.

Maybe they should have stopped the Chiefs in those two fourth down plays instead of blaming a non-penalty that wasn’t called. Losers.

Exactly!

thegame214 12-09-2018 11:50 PM

STFU losers stop Mahomes 4th and 9 and 4th and Goal and it's over

TribalElder 12-09-2018 11:50 PM

RGIII was probably the best qb available for the ravens

carcosa 12-09-2018 11:51 PM

I hope their plane crashes!!!!!!!

tk13 12-09-2018 11:54 PM

It's funny because if you read things like the NFL Facebook page half the comments to their posts about us today were from opposing fans saying how we get the benefit of the calls. It's literally bizarro world and the complete opposite of what you read here.

IowaHawkeyeChief 12-09-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13948894)
I hope their plane crashes!!!!!!!

Not me... They would have some weird type of draft among the other teams to fill their roster...