ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Week 8: Let's Talk Indy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303082)

pugsnotdrugs19 10-24-2016 10:38 AM

Week 8: Let's Talk Indy

Here we go fellas.... it's been almost 3 years. Not a lot of good memories in Indianapolis but some can be made this week.

We're currently 2.5 point favorites..

They remind me a lot of the Saints. Really good quarterback, but he's much more mistake prone than Brees. Luck has been sacked an insane 25 times already this season. He has a tendency to hold the ball too long, even though it can pay off sometimes.

Their defense is horrendous in both defending the run and pass. Great week to get Travis Kelce involved, but we've been saying that for weeks. Hey Andy, call some plays to get 19 and 87 the football(!!!!!)

Looking for the winning streak to roll on... early prediction: Chiefs 36, Colts 20.

Simply Red 10-24-2016 10:44 AM

We got this!

Anyong Bluth 10-24-2016 10:51 AM

Anyone got the link(s) for their Chiefs discussion on their more popular / trafficked boards?

NWTF 10-24-2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12503668)
We got this!

Yup.

IMO Indy is probably the weakest opponent the Chiefs have faced this year. A weaker version of the Saints. Yeah, Luck is good and all that, and its at their house, but I just dont see the Chiefs blowing this one.

I see the final score something similar to the Saints game. Chiefs maintain a comfortable lead throughout. Luck gets a garbage time score or two late in the 4th to make it look closer than it was.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-24-2016 11:19 AM

One thing of note, I thought Jaye Howard really stepped up yesterday. Looked a lot more like the Jaye from last year. Hopefully that continues.

RunKC 10-24-2016 11:26 AM

Houston not expected to play. No surprise there

ptlyon 10-24-2016 11:27 AM

We never win in that shit hole.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2016 11:30 AM

Colts are losing because they can't protect Luck

If we don't put pressure on him they will look like a completely different team.

Everyone on here just love Sutton to death, so here ya go.

Sutton must get to luck ... period.

KC_Lee 10-24-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12503745)
We never win in that shit hole.

QFT, plus Indy always seems to have our number. I'd be more surprised with a win than a loss.

I know Indy sucks on D.
I know Luck has been sacked over and over.
I know Indy is Luck and what appears to be a roster of JAGs.

But I just cannot shake the feeling that this is a loss of KC.

carcosa 10-24-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12503668)
We got this!

WGT

Mother****erJones 10-24-2016 11:38 AM

Said it last week that I did not want Justin's first game to be on that turf in Indy.
Make sure TY doesn't beat ya over the top and load up to stop the run. Run defense needs to improve.

thabear04 10-24-2016 11:39 AM

Chris Jones should have a good game. How is Indy O-Line I know they lost some starters.

The Franchise 10-24-2016 11:42 AM

Peters needs to watch Hilton on those double moves. That ****er is fast.

RunKC 10-24-2016 11:46 AM

Injury report from their game in Tennessee:

Quote:

. e Friday notebook with a look at who will not play Sunday, and the players needed to step up against the Titans:

INJURY STATUS FOR WEEK SEVEN

> OUT: TE-Dwayne Allen (ankle): It's a week-to-week injury for Allen after he missed all of practice this week.

> OUT: DE-Henry Anderson (knee): A knee injury on Sunday didn't force Anderson out of the game. However, he's now going to miss some time because of it. This is not the same knee that Anderson tore his ACL in last season.

> OUT: WR-Phillip Dorsett (foot, hamstring): Dorsett told reporters that he thinks he will be ready to go next week versus Kansas City. Dorsett missed all of practice this week.

> OUT: DT-Zach Kerr (ankle): Pagano has listed Kerr at "week-to-week." Kerr, who didn't play last week against Houston, missed all of practice this week.

> OUT: OLB-Curt Maggitt (ankle): It's a week-to-week injury for the undrafted outside linebacker who left Sunday's game early. Maggitt didn't practice all week.

> OUT: G-Jack Mewhort (tricep): Mewhort played the entire game on Sunday, but missed all of practice this week. Chuck Pagano believes Mewhort should be good to go for next week's home matchup against the Chiefs.

> OUT: WR-Donte Moncrief (shoulder): The original diagnosis for Moncrief had him missing four-to-six weeks with a fractured scapula. This is the fifth consecutive game missed for Moncrief and he has yet to practice since hurting his shoulder.

> QUESTIONABLE: CB-Darius Butler (calf, hamstring): Butler missed Wednesday and Thursday, but was limited at Friday's practice.

> QUESTIONABLE: S-T.J. Green (knee): Green was a full participant at Friday's practice.

> QUESTIONABLE: C/G-Jon Harrison (illness): The appendectomy forced Harrison to miss the last three weeks. He's practiced all this week.

> QUESTIONABLE: WR-T.Y. Hilton (hip): Hilton, like every guy on this questionable list, will be active on Sunday

Mother****erJones 10-24-2016 11:51 AM

Hilton is the key to stopping them. Getting Luck down and not letting him move around and create big plays due to his scrambling is also something to watch. I think you'll see some extra motivation this week because the vets on this team haven't forgotten that playoff game. Their line sucks, so I want to see our dline and edge rushers get some pressure and sacks. I want Parker shadowing TY over the top to make sure he doesn't get open deep. I look forward to seeing Sorensen making more plays near the LOS and in the secondary. I think he'll get an extension soon if he keeps this up. He's been a pleasant surprise.

As for the offense, keep feeding Spencer Ware and West. I don't expect Jamaal to play this weekend. I wouldn't play him. Kelce and Maclin need to get the ball a lot more and continue to involve Conley who is a playmaker.