ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football IRL People Ignoring/Unfriending over Chiefs talk. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269688)

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:39 PM

IRL People Ignoring/Unfriending over Chiefs talk.

There is about 3 people I know on FB that I have had spirited conversations with since December. They have argued with me over the drafting of Geno and have gotten quite butthurt over it when I continually posted why we should draft Geno. I noticed they haven't replied to any of my posts recently, so I decided to investigate. Turns out, they unfriended me over this shit, people I have known for 20 years! Anyone else have experience with idiots like this?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

Anyone that wants to draft Jekyll doesn't have enough common sense worth being friends with anyway.

Rain Man 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

If you're going to propose drafting a tackle over a quarterback after the last few years, you have to expect that you'll lose some friends.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:40 PM

Here's my experience.... **** em'

HolyHat 02-04-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378360)
There is about 3 people I know on FB that I have had spirited conversations with since December. They have argued with me over the drafting of Geno/Joekel and have gotten quite butthurt over it when I continually posted why we should draft Geno. I noticed they haven't replied to any of my posts recently, so I decided to investigate. Turns out, they unfriended me over this shit, people I have known for 20 years! Anyone else have experience with idiots like this?

This probably isnt thread material but I will play along. I lose followers on twitter everyday from idiot Chiefs fans that don't know what the **** is going on.

Good luck with the thread...

|Zach| 02-04-2013 05:42 PM

Why do you feel it is so important to argue with them? I usually bow out of FB discussions when they get lengthy or divisive.

I would personally not unfriend you unless you went on and on about it all the time in an annoying fashion. Having a different opinion would not be an issue but people manage their personal social platforms in different ways.

Doesn't make them idiots.

KCrockaholic 02-04-2013 05:43 PM

I immediately stop talking to chiefs fans that want joeckel.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9378371)
I immediately stop talking to chiefs fans that want joeckel.

Yup, Mel Kiper Lackeys and groupies are not my cup of tea.

ThatRaceCardGuy 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378360)
There is about 3 people I know on FB that I have had spirited conversations with since December. They have argued with me over the drafting of Geno and have gotten quite butthurt over it when I continually posted why we should draft Geno. I noticed they haven't replied to any of my posts recently, so I decided to investigate. Turns out, they unfriended me overr this shit, people I have known for 20 years! Anyone else have experience with idiots like this?

My nephew is the same way...he must of defriended half of our family on FB because he cant keep his panties from getting in a twist..hysterical.

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9378369)
Why do you feel it is so important to argue with them? I usually bow out of FB discussions when they get lengthy or divisive.

I would personally not unfriend you unless you went on and on about it all the time in an annoying fashion. Having a different opinion would not be an issue but people manage their personal social platforms in different ways.

I am not claiming they are idiots because they argue or have a different view point. I am saying they are idiots for ignoring me over trivial sports talk. I am not flooding my newsfeed with this stuff. It's an occasional stat, fact, or anectodote on the topic. I try to do something else other than post crap about pregnancies/stupid pet antics ect. No need to unfriend me due to differing of opinions.

HolyHat 02-04-2013 05:44 PM

Trying to talk Chiefs, or sports for that matter on Facebook is pointless really. Facebook in general is pointless.

|Zach| 02-04-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378376)
I am not claiming they are idiots because they argue or have a different view point. I am saying they are idiots for ignoring me over trivial sports talk. I am not flooding my newsfeed with this stuff. It's an occasional stat, fact, or anectodote on the topic. I try to do something else other than post crap about pregnancies/stupid pet antics ect. No need to unfriend me due to differing of opinions.

Sounds like you are the one who is butt hurt.

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9378382)
Sounds like you are the one who is butt hurt.

Nah, just astonished at the close-mindedness of individuals. Just because you put on your ear-muffs and scream doesn't make the reality of the situation go away.

The Franchise 02-04-2013 05:47 PM

I try not to discuss anything Chiefs related on FB because it's almost impossible to actually have an intelligent discussion. It's filled with people that don't like Geno Smith because they compare him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9378389)
I try not to discuss anything Chiefs related on FB because it's almost impossible to actually have an intelligent discussion. It's filled with people that don't like Geno Smith because they compare him to Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young.

Seriously? Who would want to hang out over there if they're that ****ing stupid? Happy I don't have a facebook account, will all of those friends who needs enemies?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-04-2013 05:48 PM

I'm confused. You start a thread about real life and then talk about Facebook feuds

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-04-2013 05:48 PM

Rumor is there is tape of Geno Smith butt raping Gene Uphaw's corpse. While eating a bald eagle sandwich and holding an automatic rile.

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9378392)
I'm confused. You start a thread about real life and then talk about Facebook feuds

These are people I know IRL that I went to high school with and one I used to work with.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378397)
These are people I know IRL that I went to high school with and one I used to work with.

The good part is they will come crawling back after Geno rapes as a Chief, then you can Lord that over them for eternity.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-04-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Oh ok. People you used to know. Very real life

|Zach| 02-04-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378388)
Nah, just astonished at the close-mindedness of individuals. Just because you put on your ear-muffs and scream doesn't make the reality of the situation go away.

Sports are not very absolute. I mean...just as good a chance you are dead wrong.

Pin Head 02-04-2013 05:54 PM

It's not surprising because there's many who aren't sold on Geno. That someone would unfriend another based on that alone seems rather drastic. Perhaps they had been considering that option already and the unfavorable opinion of drafting Geno pushed them over the cliff?

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9378406)
Sports are not very absolute. I mean...just as good a chance you are dead wrong.

I have absolutely no problem with being wrong, will own up to it, and eat my crow until I puke. At the very least, I have always backed up my claims with stats, examples, and references, rather than tell them that they are wrong and should go eat shit. All they tell me is "He isn't the guy", "He is just like VY/JR", and other useless drivel that shouldn't be even said. I even told them that Joekel is a fine tackle, but isn't our biggest need, and they always reference me to Kiper/McShay.

BlackHelicopters 02-04-2013 05:56 PM

Your best bet is stay off FB. Stay on CP where people are always friendly.

Pin Head 02-04-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378413)
I have absolutely no problem with being wrong, will own up to it, and eat my crow until I puke. At the very least, I have always backed up my claims with stats, examples, and references, rather than tell them that they are wrong and should go eat shit. All they tell me is "He isn't the guy", "He is just like VY/JR", and other useless drivel that shouldn't be even said. I even told them that Joekel is a fine tackle, but isn't our biggest need, and they always reference me to Kiper/McShay.

Stats based on playing in a shitty division/conference?

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9378415)
Your best bet is stay off FB. Stay on CP where people are always friendly.

HAHAHAHA Good one! LMAO

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9378420)
Stats based on playing in a shitty division/conference?

It works both ways. You can always overvalue the division/conference teams play in and go for bust. RGIII played in the spread, in the Big Twelve, but he got a pass. It's really all about your what your original opinion is on a player. Most people tend not to deviate on their formed opinion, baseless or not, and will ride it out until they die.

BigBeauford 02-04-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9378401)
Oh ok. People you used to know. Very real life

I am assuming you are trying to be a pain in the ass, but I'll give you clarification. People that I have met face to face with are people I know IRL. People on CP, random twitter people, and generally people on the internet I have never met are people not IRL. I wouldn't be making a thread over losing a follower on twitter or being ignored on CP by complete strangers.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-04-2013 06:10 PM

The shit sandwich known as Kiper/McShay should be banned from the game for promoting mass stupidity.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

You're missing the point, if they don't like Geno they're not worth having as friends. They're probably the type of people that shoot peeps that pull into their driveways.

Buehler445 02-04-2013 06:12 PM

Yeah. I discontinue sports talk when they say stupid shit like Joekel or we need another running back or ILB or whatever is the new latest greatest. It just isn't worth it. They're too dumb to change their mind. And even if you can convince him that the QB is important, they'll want to take Collin Klein or something dumb. Just let dumb be dumb.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9378466)
Yeah. I discontinue sports talk when they say stupid shit like Joekel or we need another running back or ILB or whatever is the new latest greatest. It just isn't worth it. They're too dumb to change their mind. And even if you can convince him that the QB is important, they'll want to take Collin Klein or something dumb. Just let dumb be dumb.

Yup take them out to the local watering hole and buy them a round of antifreeze.

Pin Head 02-04-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9378466)

Or, you can let the smart be smart and take your rightful position as an idiot. It's a crapshoot at this point and if you can't concede that then you're arrogant and stupid beyond measure.

Pin Head 02-04-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378433)
It works both ways. You can always overvalue the division/conference teams play in and go for bust. RGIII played in the spread, in the Big Twelve, but he got a pass. It's really all about your what your original opinion is on a player. Most people tend not to deviate on their formed opinion, baseless or not, and will ride it out until they die.

I think Geno has potential based on what I've seen but I don't think he's NFL ready as a rookie for the same reason.

DaFace 02-04-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Yup. Sometimes it isn't the message but the delivery.

Molitoth 02-04-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9378413)

Same here man. I post the occasional Geno video or something on my facebook page and get flooded with unintelligent posts regarding drafting anyone but a QB.
I can rebuttal anything they come up with facts, stats, and common sense... but they will still refuse to give in.

I hate most chiefs fans.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9378716)
Yup. Sometimes it isn't the message but the delivery.

I agree he should waterboard them until they agree Geno is the pick.

stevenidol 02-04-2013 09:54 PM

I unfriend people for being overly religious or being a douche. If you are someone I haven't spoken to in 4-5 years, then you are automatically at the top of the list. Also don't post internet posters.

Bump 02-04-2013 10:01 PM

friends who want to remain friends don't discuss religion or politics...or Chiefs football.

|Zach| 02-04-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9378975)
friends who want to remain friends don't discuss religion or politics...or Chiefs football.

That is silly.

patteeu 02-04-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

I agree with this.

qbsacker93 - If you're taking the ChiefsPlanet approach of trying to pound people into submission with an insistent series of posts that all say the same things over and over you're bound to drive people away. I take the word "continually" in your post, as a sign that you're going overboard.

My advice is to learn how to agree to disagree and move on with your real life friends.

Bump 02-04-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9379043)
I agree with this. If you're* taking the ChiefsPlanet approach of trying to pound people into submission with an insistent series of posts that all say the same things over and over you're* bound to drive people away. I take the word "continually" in your* post, as a sign that you're going overboard.

My advice is to learn how to agree to disagree and move on with your real life friends.

ya, I can't imagine that dick swinging contests will end up well on facebook.

Phobia 02-05-2013 01:33 AM

I think facebook is an amazing barometer of where my friends are. If I get unfriended then I know where I'm at. Never, in the history of man, has there been a more practical tool to tell you who your friends really are. I love the thing. It's absolutely amazing. When somebody dumps me, I'm moderately upset for a few seconds but then generally pretty giddy knowing that the system works.

Hammock Parties 02-05-2013 01:41 AM

I gained a shit ton of likers this year on RTC just from sticking to my guns on the following truths:

***** sucks
Romeo sucks
Cassel sucks
Draft a QB

I don't miss the people that unliked.

Imon Yourside 02-05-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9379274)

How could you miss them? If you do miss them just turn on 810/610 and they will call in within 5 minutes.

Phobia 02-05-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

I gained a shit ton of likers this year on RTC just from sticking to my guns on the following truths:

***** sucks
Romeo sucks
Cassel sucks
Draft a QB

RTC?

J Diddy 02-05-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9379280)
RTC?

"Rape the Cat"

Phobia 02-05-2013 02:45 AM

Works for me.

NJChiefsFan 02-05-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9379280)
RTC?

Red Tribe Cinema.

Phobia 02-05-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9379328)
Red Tribe Cinema.

That's the one where they snake footage from NFL films, FOX, ABC, CBS, and ESPN?

J Diddy 02-05-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9379330)
That's the one where they snake footage from NFL films, FOX, ABC, CBS, and ESPN?

I've heard of this. They edit it and call it their original work.

Spooky good.

Phobia 02-05-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9379334)
I've heard of this. They edit it and call it their original work.

Spooky good.

I don't follow it but it's good to know that is AKA RTC.

J Diddy 02-05-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9379342)
I don't follow it but it's good to know that is AKA RTC.

Damn the man and rape the cat are synonymous in the film "borrowing" world

ChiefRocka 02-05-2013 07:05 AM

You were obviously annoying about it, to the extent that you started this gay ass post.

|Zach| 02-05-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

***** sucks
Romeo sucks
Cassel sucks
Draft a QB

You gained a lot of likers because you stole compelling content you didn't create.

patteeu 02-05-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9379413)
You gained a lot of likers because you stole compelling content you didn't create.

He used his creativity to make something out of it that didn't exist before.

Hammock Parties 02-05-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9379413)

http://i.imgur.com/HcseMtj.gif

SAUTO 02-05-2013 08:08 AM

**** facebook

Predarat 02-05-2013 08:16 AM

Ohhh yes alot of times during the NHL playoffs. I get flat out beligerent and cuss like a sailer. People unfollow and defriend the shit out of me.

luv 02-05-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9378389)

Wait, aren't you friends with people off of here?

blaise 02-05-2013 08:27 AM

It's one of the reasons I like twitter so much more than facebook. On twitter if you post a bunch of stupid crap people unfollow you. On facebook people seem to think others are obligated to stay friends, because they have some personal connection, so they post inane, stupid junk that would normally cause you to lose 20 followers on twitter.