ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Woof. Alright, so what would you do? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351039)

Sassy Squatch 11-21-2023 08:23 AM

CEH switched his aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and somehow breaks off a couple big runs. Neat, let's do it twice a d then never again for the whole game.

Wisconsin_Chief 11-21-2023 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyy God (Post 17236621)
Mahomes and Kelce look disinterested and are probably distracted by outside obligations.

I don’t see the fire to win from the offensive leaders this year.

This is something that hasn't been talked about enough amongst all this shit. I would say they both look more exhausted than disinterested, but I think there's definitely something there. Considering they have been carrying this franchise on their backs the past few years, I can't say I blame them. They are only human beings and winning at the level they have for as along as they have can drain a person in every way.

If anyone listened to Travis on one of their recent podcasts, you get the impression this very well could be his last year. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it is.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2023 08:23 AM

Put Joe Bleymaier back in charge of WR’s… he was the WR coach for most of these same WR’s last year.

Healthy scratch MVS.

Script 15 plays specifically just for Rice and ensure he gets 10 targets, MINIMUM.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2023 08:28 AM

Kelce has been banged up all year. His body probably would have benefitted from rest, ice baths, hyperbaric treatment, etc. But, the most famous woman in the world is in South America, so that’s where he went.

FloridaMan88 11-21-2023 08:33 AM

Also the RB screen game needs to make a prominent return… it’s been a non-factor for most of the season.

And Noah Gray is probably a more reliable pass catcher than any of the Chiefs WR’s currently… yet he had zero targets last night.

New World Order 11-21-2023 08:34 AM

Run the ball. A ton of screens. PA bombs down the field

smithandrew051 11-21-2023 08:35 AM

3 game losing drops are all that likely stand between the Chiefs and being undefeated.

That’s a silver lining. No one has beat the Chiefs. Chiefs consistently make unforced errors to lose winnable games (or make wins closer than they should be).

It’s possible they can correct, but if they can then why haven’t they? That’s the concerning part.

notorious 11-21-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17236661)
CEH switched his aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 and somehow breaks off a couple big runs. Neat, let's do it twice a d then never again for the whole game.

ROFL

irafreak 11-21-2023 08:39 AM

About the only realistic thing they may do that I'd like to see is keep toney at punt returner.

He can make something happen without the same fumble risk and run backwards bs.

The guy wants to cut up field as soon as he can and that's refreshing to see a returner understand that he's probably not going to outrun nfl players to the sideline regularly so cut up and take your yards while still having the threat to take it deep.

Bearcat 11-21-2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17236598)
This isn’t scheme or bad luck though with the WR. It’s a pattern. But most of all it’s apparently not fixable because if it was I think it would have shown signs of improvement by now.

Basically every WR is over exposed right now. We are asking our fourth outfielder who normally plays once or twice a week to give the starters a break to instead bat third in the lineup and play every day.

Yeah, and I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug by any means. Even Kelce didn't look good last night, much less just about the easiest game winning catch you can make being dropped. And you just expect a different level of focus and perform after a bye in prime time at home in a SB rematch.

I'd say the one encouraging thing was it seemed like they were getting to 3rd and short quite a bit, like the older days. I could be wrong, but didn't seem like they had nearly as many 2nd and longs that turned into 3rd and longs.

Even in the 2nd half, they ****ed up several manageable 3rd downs. In the playoffs that means Mahomes is probably running for more 1st downs, and Kelce most likely isn't dropping everything.

And I'm usually the one screaming offense wins championships and you have to be able to score 30+ in a game or 3 when the games really matter... but, just not sure that's true on the AFC side this year given Burrow is out, Allen is struggling, and the defense is ****ing legit.

DrunkBassGuitar 11-21-2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17236678)
3 game losing drops are all that likely stand between the Chiefs and being undefeated.

That’s a silver lining. No one has beat the Chiefs. Chiefs consistently make unforced errors to lose winnable games (or make wins closer than they should be).

It’s possible they can correct, but if they can then why haven’t they? That’s the concerning part.

Yeah man that's the frustrating thing, this team is a twat hair away from being unstoppable. And the problem is the WRs not executing simple shit: Don't stop running a route and catch the balls that hit you in your hads. Just like execute the simple things that are expected of an NFL WR and this team blows out the Lions, Denver and Philly.

Gary Cooper 11-21-2023 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CadeMeister (Post 17236602)
Why does the receiver coach continue to have a job ? FIRE the _ucking receiver coach today. My bet he is not anywhere near qualified to coach NFL players.

Can ANYONE on this site name the receiver coach of the Chiefs "without Google"?

Are we sure he's not one of Andy's children?

RunKC 11-21-2023 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17236671)
Also the RB screen game needs to make a prominent return… it’s been a non-factor for most of the season.

And Noah Gray is probably a more reliable pass catcher than any of the Chiefs WR’s currently… yet he had zero targets last night.

Noah Gray was targeted the first play of the game and it looks like he messed up the play.

DrunkBassGuitar 11-21-2023 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17236686)
Yeah, and I'm not trying to sweep it under the rug by any means. Even Kelce didn't look good last night, much less just about the easiest game winning catch you can make being dropped. And you just expect a different level of focus and perform after a bye in prime time at home in a SB rematch.

I'd say the one encouraging thing was it seemed like they were getting to 3rd and short quite a bit, like the older days. I could be wrong, but didn't seem like they had nearly as many 2nd and longs that turned into 3rd and longs.

Even in the 2nd half, they ****ed up several manageable 3rd downs. In the playoffs that means Mahomes is probably running for more 1st downs, and Kelce most likely isn't dropping everything.

And I'm usually the one screaming offense wins championships and you have to be able to score 30+ in a game or 3 when the games really matter... but, just not sure that's true on the AFC side this year given Burrow is out, Allen is struggling, and the defense is ****ing legit.

The highest opponent score this season was the broncos with 24 and that included a bunch of turnovers. So you don't even need to score 30. 24 is probably enough with this defense. Average so far is 22.5

Gary Cooper 11-21-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 17236667)
Kelce has been banged up all year. His body probably would have benefitted from rest, ice baths, hyperbaric treatment, etc. But, the most famous woman in the world is in South America, so that’s where he went.

Hillary Clinton?