ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs When need and talent converge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307420)

buddha 04-28-2017 08:45 AM

When need and talent converge

Zach Cunningham is a big, fast, studly inside linebacker. He has first round ability but he gets forgotten at Vandy. Even if DJ makes it back, we need another guy there to groom. I watched several of his games over the past couple of years and his play always jumps off the screen. From NFL.com:

STRENGTHS Play-making machine. Plays on a downhill tilt and is always looking to draw first blood. Fast to see it, process and respond. Creates tackles for losses by shooting gaps at appropriate angles. Has a good feel for blockers and uses varied speeds and subtle upper body turns to avoid blockers on second level. Quick in his lateral scrape and races ahead of blockers. Keeps play-side shoulder uncovered when flowing to the ball. Football magnet with outstanding tackle production and ability to create and recover turnovers. Rangy long strider with instincts and play speed to carry him from sideline to sideline in search of the ball. Has extended tackle radius. Durable and reliable. Has the athleticism and awareness to handle man coverage responsibilities against running backs and tight ends. Quick to trigger on throws from zone and limit yards after catch.

Fansy the Famous Bard 04-28-2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 12845284)
Zach Cunningham is a big, fast, studly inside linebacker. He has first round ability but he gets forgotten at Vandy. Even if DJ makes it back, we need another guy there to groom. I watched several of his games over the past couple of years and his play always jumps off the screen. From NFL.com:

STRENGTHS Play-making machine. Plays on a downhill tilt and is always looking to draw first blood. Fast to see it, process and respond. Creates tackles for losses by shooting gaps at appropriate angles. Has a good feel for blockers and uses varied speeds and subtle upper body turns to avoid blockers on second level. Quick in his lateral scrape and races ahead of blockers. Keeps play-side shoulder uncovered when flowing to the ball. Football magnet with outstanding tackle production and ability to create and recover turnovers. Rangy long strider with instincts and play speed to carry him from sideline to sideline in search of the ball. Has extended tackle radius. Durable and reliable. Has the athleticism and awareness to handle man coverage responsibilities against running backs and tight ends. Quick to trigger on throws from zone and limit yards after catch.

Problem is that he's gonna probably go in the next 5-10 picks. He's one of my choices for round 2, but were we to get him it'll probably have to be another trade up.

RippedmyFlesh 04-28-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fahrenheit (Post 12845305)
Problem is that he's gonna probably go in the next 5-10 picks. He's one of my choices for round 2, but were we to get him it'll probably have to be another trade up.

I agree it would take a lot to move up but I really like him. I know everyone was all over foster but I like Cunningham better. Better head on his shoulders and way bigger. Its not even close standing side by side foster would look like a safety.