ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Mother****erJones 09-29-2014 01:40 AM

Completed it. Was not that bad just had to have a system and not **** up and miss an oracle at the end

keg in kc 09-29-2014 01:04 PM

It only took me 30+ queen's wrath kills to get Supremacy.

Have I mentioned I have bad luck?

Wonder if I'll get the ship before the event ends.

ModSocks 09-29-2014 03:10 PM

Sounds like this is an MMO for players who like FPS's and don't like the time an actual MMO requires?

37 Minutes to finish a raid sounds really boring.

Buck 09-29-2014 03:57 PM

So I picked this game up and played it a few times and I have got to say that compared to Firefall (PC FPS - MMO), this game is not fun to me at all. If you sorta like this game but want something better, check out Firefall.

Valiant 09-29-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10958242)
So I picked this game up and played it a few times and I have got to say that compared to Firefall (PC FPS - MMO), this game is not fun to me at all. If you sorta like this game but want something better, check out Firefall.

The PS4 players would also love some Planetside. Epically big battles.

Mother****erJones 09-29-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10958135)
Sounds like this is an MMO for players who like FPS's and don't like the time an actual MMO requires?

37 Minutes to finish a raid sounds really boring.

Put didn't take me that. Took me longer. But it's really fun actually.

keg in kc 09-29-2014 09:40 PM

It took the people that speed run it in a half hour this week 12 or 13 hours and hundreds of deaths to figure it out the day it released. And there aren't many that can do it anywhere close to that fast.

Canofbier 09-29-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

I played that game a little bit back when it came out on PC, and despite being a HUGE fan of ME3 multiplayer (also co-op horde with objectives), I didn't think that the actual gameplay was very fun. For all of its other shortcomings, Destiny is still a lot of fun to play, and that's all there is to it.

EDIT: I've worked too much these past two weeks - I thought you were talking about Warfame. I haven't tried Firefall, but the game looks really shoddy based on the footage I've watched so far. Floaty mechanics, bland environments, etc. Maybe it's one of those games you have to actually play to appreciate?

Buck 09-29-2014 10:32 PM

Bland Environments? No. Are you talking about Destiny?

Firefall has a pretty amazing open world environment.

Valiant 09-30-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10961766)
I played that game a little bit back when it came out on PC, and despite being a HUGE fan of ME3 multiplayer (also co-op horde with objectives), I didn't think that the actual gameplay was very fun. For all of its other shortcomings, Destiny is still a lot of fun to play, and that's all there is to it.

EDIT: I've worked too much these past two weeks - I thought you were talking about Warfame. I haven't tried Firefall, but the game looks really shoddy based on the footage I've watched so far. Floaty mechanics, bland environments, etc. Maybe it's one of those games you have to actually play to appreciate?

I have not played it, but their site and videos make it seem the opposite of bland. Very colorful.

Ghosts or BO2 is bland colors.

Aspengc8 09-30-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Your comparing apples to oranges. Destiny is not really advertised as a MMO, its a FPS with a hint of RPG elements.

jiveturkey 09-30-2014 07:42 AM

37 minutes is the record not the standard. My groups couldn't beat it in 2 hours. We replaced a team member, he actually decided that he didn't want to try it again because he died every 3 minutes because he's used to playing COD and doesn't believe in taking cover. Now that he's out we hope to actually beat it within 2-3 hours.

Canofbier 09-30-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10961890)
Bland Environments? No. Are you talking about Destiny?

Firefall has a pretty amazing open world environment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10962210)
I have not played it, but their site and videos make it seem the opposite of bland. Very colorful.

Ghosts or BO2 is bland colors.

Maybe bland was the wrong word, but I watched the review footage from IGN and still feel like the world looks kind of...soulless. Colorful, but empty and uninteresting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D470B7_edzA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I stand by my original statement that the mechanics look unappealingly floaty and the gameplay looks bad. Add to that the fact that the game is said to be even more grindy and repetitive than Destiny (and strongly encourages real-cash purchases), I think I'll continue stay away.

On a Destiny-related note, I finally replaced my Titan's last piece of Rare equipment. He'll probably be 27 by the time I get the non-ascendent upgrades done on his new gear, so I may start looking for a raid group to join.

CanadianChief 10-01-2014 06:35 AM

Anyone on PS4 up for doing The Vault of Glass sometime this week? We have three guys...maybe four and need a few others. We'd probably do this over two nights. Play from around 8pm till 11pm CST.

Let me know.

The Franchise 10-01-2014 11:21 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mvosTJIohQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>