ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Shields Denied HOF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269622)

ChiefsCountry 02-02-2013 06:22 PM

How in the hell does Curly Culp get in before Otis Taylor? Biggest shame among Chief players is no Otis Taylor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9373282)
Parcells got in.

Most overrated man in NFL history.

RyFo18 02-02-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9373285)
How in the hell does Curly Culp get in before Otis Taylor? Biggest shame among Chief players is no Otis Taylor.

First nose tackle ever. Revolutionary maybe?

chefsos 02-02-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9373287)
First nose tackle ever. Revolutionary maybe?

That's my guess. He went to Houston with that 34 and crushed souls for a few years.

Meanwhile, ****ing Matuszak came here and...left.

ku_jhawk23 02-02-2013 06:47 PM

I really don't have a problem with Allen and Ogden getting in over Shields since they were at the same time. Allen was always considered slightly above Shields as a guard, and Ogden was a tackle. Tackles are always considered better than guards. My problem with this vote is Sapp. Sapp was good, but Sapp wasn't 1st ballot great. Bettis, Shields and Haley (especially Haley) should be in before him. It's a joke that being a loudmouth talking piece for ESPN now gets you in the hall before others more deserving.

And dont get me started on his qualifications for a judge on BBQ Pitmasters.

DaKCMan AP 02-02-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23 (Post 9373326)
I really don't have a problem with Allen and Ogden getting in over Shields since they were at the same time. Allen was always considered slightly above Shields as a guard, and Ogden was a tackle. Tackles are always considered better than guards. My problem with this vote is Sapp. Sapp was good, but Sapp wasn't 1st ballot great. Bettis, Shields and Haley (especially Haley) should be in before him. It's a joke that being a loudmouth talking piece for ESPN now gets you in the hall before others more deserving.

And dont get me started on his qualifications for a judge on BBQ Pitmasters.

You lost me at Bettis. Really, Bettis? :shake:

ku_jhawk23 02-02-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9373341)
You lost me at Bettis. Really, Bettis? :shake:

Bettis was considered to be a top 5 RB in the league for about 8 years. Name others that aren't in the HOF that hold that position.

CoMoChief 02-02-2013 07:57 PM

**** Sapp......he's not one of the best EVER to play his position ...at least enough that would warrant induction on his first time being eligible.

Prison Bitch 02-02-2013 08:11 PM

Who is Curley culp and have even 5 people on this board seen him play?

gblowfish 02-02-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9373429)

He was the DT who lined up next to Buck Buchanan during the Chiefs 1960's glory years.

I saw his entire Chiefs career.

He was a bad ass. Like Raji for Green Bay, only squatter, and much quicker. He was an NCAA Wrestling Champion at Arizona State, and a total bad-ass.

You should pray that Dontari Poe becomes half the player Curley Culp was.

DaKCMan AP 02-02-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23 (Post 9373362)
Bettis was considered to be a top 5 RB in the league for about 8 years. Name others that aren't in the HOF that hold that position.

No.

Bettis only finished top-5 in rushing 3 times in his 13 year career. The last 5 years his highest finish was 17th.

His career yards per carry average is 3.9. That's not HOF, that's mediocre.

milkman 02-02-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Curly was beast.

He could not blocked, and is big reason Buck Buchanon made such a big impact.

milkman 02-02-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9373443)
No.

Bettis only finished top-5 in rushing 3 times in his 13 year career. The last 5 years his highest finish was 17th.

His career yards per carry average is 3.9. That's not HOF, that's mediocre.

Eddie Georged his way into the hall.

houstonwhodat 02-02-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

I did.

Easy 6 02-02-2013 08:58 PM

Will Shields will get there sooner rather than later, i have to believe that, i would take him over Allen eight days a week, he wasnt a huge grizzly bear but his superb technique allowed him to dominate much bigger men, a fact that should have been recognized by the Hall.

His only flaw was being unlucky enough to play for a lot of bad to solid but inherently flawed Chiefs teams that were never nearly as glamorous and hyped as "Merica's" favorite team.

The most important thing is that WE know what a dominant blessing of a rock he was in KC.

Sapp? cant really say what hasnt already been said, it is completely undeserved at this point.

Bettis? i gotta admit it, i'm a HUGE fan... LOVE the way he played ball, LOVED the fact that he was such a classy, team guy every step of the way. I totally disagree with the Eddie George comparison, he NEVER took a defenses heart and fired up his team in the same way as Bettis, not even CLOSE. Jerome routinely CRUSHED other teams star defenders, clowned them... yeah, you can argue some of the stats against other guys... but Bettis deserves to be there, he was a genuine force his entire career and was always pure class.