ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

Mosbonian 08-29-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7861930)
My, God what a cluster****. Seriously? WWE could have slow-burned the Punk/HHH angle until 'Mania and it'd have been ****ing awesome. Way to accelerate the angle's timetable by SEVEN ****ING MONTHS. God ****

This kinda answered my question to you earlier.

keg in kc 08-29-2011 09:28 PM

Hey, at least we get Punk/Great Khali tomorrow night. What's better than that?

BryanBusby 08-29-2011 09:30 PM

Watched Raw for around an hour tonight and was fighting to keep awake through it.

Not liking the direction they are heading overall.

keg in kc 08-29-2011 09:38 PM

This is just too weird. Introduce one match and then switch it up an hour later? And such a flat way to introduce HHH's return (match) after 4 months, on Night of Champions of all shows. This has to be setting up a series of matches leading up to Survivor Series (which is Rock's return) or Royal Rumble. This could still feasibly roll all the way to Mania, but I can't imagine how they'd do it. Maybe have the match now, then have Punk have to go through a series of other matches to get back to HHH at mania and finally get over?

It's probably their idea of a twist to get people tuned in for Smackdown tomorrow. It felt like watching an episode of TNA. Main event ends, heels win....to the back! Watch them announce another random match tomorrow. Instead of Punk/Nash, instead of Punk/HHH, now we'll get Punk versus Stephanie in a pudding match.

wtf

Reaper16 08-29-2011 09:43 PM

Also: how symbolic that the Punk vs HHH match was announced while Cena's music blared over them.

Brock 08-29-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7862020)
Also: how symbolic that the Punk vs HHH match was announced while Cena's music blared over them.

I almost couldn't understand what nose was mumbling about.

Simply Red 08-29-2011 09:48 PM

how'd macho man look tonight?

Hootie 08-29-2011 09:49 PM

I was entertained by tonight's RAW...and Punk didn't even carry it for me for once.

Mark Henry sucks though...he's god damn terrible.

keg in kc 08-30-2011 05:48 AM

Meltzer comments:

Del Rio is still in Mexico (visa issue?), so that's why he wasn't on the show (and probably won't be tonight).

He doesn't know anything yet, but backstage word on Nash was that he didn't pass medicals (but Meltzer went on to talk about why he didn't think that explains what happens - why bill the match, run a promo for it, then change it 5 minutes later if you know ahead of time?)

He thinks having the Smackdown guys on Raw is to both try and help Smackdown house show sales and to try and help boost Raw ratings through the NFL season (speculates they're paranoid about dropping below 3.0). Believes it's temporary.

Ultra Peanut 08-30-2011 07:03 PM

oh my ****ing god this is so awkward and bizarre

Ultra Peanut 08-30-2011 07:11 PM

also holy christ i hate these midwest crowds that pop for everything a main eventer does

(no offense to my jesusland homies)

Brock 08-30-2011 07:12 PM

Are they in Wichita? Ha ha.

Ultra Peanut 08-30-2011 07:14 PM

lol what. this is hella dubya cee dubya.

that applies to the crowd, too, come to think of it. i like this remark from elsewhere:

Quote:

This is the WWE Universe-est crowd.

Ted Theodore Logan 08-30-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7862035)
how'd macho man look tonight?

I love that Punk does the flying elbow off the top rope like Savage used to, Macho will always be my favorite wrestler of all time!

keg in kc 08-30-2011 07:21 PM

I think it's a great sign for tonight's ratings that I completely forgot there was a live smackdown on until an hour and a quarter into the show.