ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox - Gotham (Pre Batman) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276659)

keg in kc 05-06-2014 06:55 AM

I didn't think that was bad at all. End was overkill but that's promotions these days.

Deberg_1990 05-06-2014 09:46 AM

Cancelled before Thanksgiving
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 05-06-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10604846)
Cancelled before Thanksgiving
Posted via Mobile Device

If Sleepy Hollow can survive a season, anything can.

Deberg_1990 05-06-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10604930)
If Sleepy Hollow can survive a season, anything can.

Haha. True. FOX is funny sometimes. I saw they cancelled Almost Human recently.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 05-06-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10604620)
I didn't think that was bad at all. End was overkill but that's promotions these days.

This. I'll give it a look.

007 05-06-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10605064)
Haha. True. FOX is funny sometimes. I saw they cancelled Almost Human recently.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shit. I actually liked that show.

Aries Walker 05-06-2014 03:38 PM

This will be a hit with people who are already fans of the DC Comics Universe, and of the characters. Otherwise . . .

- It's Batman without Batman.
- Or Joker, or Robin.
- There will be zero suspense about who lives and who dies. We know they all live.
- Except for Donal Logue, of course, who can't catch a break. I have no idea who his character is and I'm already sure he's marked for death at some point.
- Alfred is being played as ex-special forces, by the guy from Dog Soldiers.
- In the superhero genre, people want to see superpowers.
- It has Star Wars Episode One problems; that is, all the characters we thought were cool, except as children, which means they're not cool.
- It's network TV.
- Even moreso, it's on FOX. Who knows what they're thinking.

I give it two seasons. It will debut to relatively-big numbers, and they'll quickly renew. It will lag at the last half of season one, then by season two it will be Dead Show Walking.

lcarus 05-06-2014 03:57 PM

I've heard a lot of comic book fans complaining about a lot regarding Batman over the years. They complain when things aren't "true to the comic". They're reeruned though. I'm sure they'd be ok with Alfred getting killed by a boulder, brought back to life by a scientist, gaining telekinetic powers, and wanting to kill Batman & Robin. I mean, it happened in the comics right? Can't stray from it. Not to mention all the other absurdly ridiculous things that have happened in the comics, including things that have been retconned. Alfred's backstory alone has changed about 1 million times.

listopencil 05-06-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10023629)
The only thing that would make this interesting at all to me would be if they set it in the original time period:

Golden Agehttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/data:...ICTAEAOw%3D%3D

In Batman's first appearance in Detective Comics #27, he is already operating as a crime fighter. Batman's origin is first presented in Detective Comics #33 in November 1939, and is later fleshed out in Batman #47. As these comics state, Bruce Wayne is born to Dr. Thomas Wayne and his wife Martha, two very wealthy and charitable Gotham City socialites. Bruce is brought up in Wayne Manor and its wealthy splendor and leads a happy and privileged existence until the age of eight, when his parents are killed by a small-time criminal named Joe Chill on their way home from the movie theater. Bruce Wayne swears an oath to rid the city of the evil that had taken his parents' lives. He engages in intense intellectual and physical training; however, he realizes that these skills alone would not be enough. "Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot", Wayne remarks, "so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible..." As if responding to his desires, a bat suddenly flies through the window, inspiring Bruce to assume the persona of Batman.

In early strips, Batman's career as a vigilante initially earns him the ire of the police. During this period Wayne has a fiancée named Julie Madison. Wayne takes in an orphaned circus acrobat, Dick Grayson, who becomes his sidekick, Robin. Batman also becomes a founding member of the Justice Society of America, although he, like Superman, is an honorary member and thus only participates occasionally. Batman's relationship with the law thaws quickly, and he is made an honorary member of Gotham City's police department. During this time, butler Alfred arrives at Wayne Manor and after deducing the Dynamic Duo's secret identities joins their service.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman%27s_career_timeline

^

Pushead2 05-08-2014 11:49 PM

This is some straight shit.

keg in kc 05-15-2014 09:19 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/REoELMS5tXc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 05-15-2014 09:42 AM

So is this a prequel to Nolans Batman movies? Or just Batman in general?

kysirsoze 05-15-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10630972)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/REoELMS5tXc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. I was on the fence after seeing the trailer, but this looks like total shit.

keg in kc 05-15-2014 11:20 AM

Only thing that looked off to me was the dude in the executioner's getup with the butcher knife. Otherwise looks pretty good to me.

keg in kc 06-19-2014 04:34 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/islRZ_ygKk8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Early word on the pilot has been positive. Like "best pilot of the new season" positive.