ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Breaking down a position. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272077)

Direckshun 04-13-2013 04:27 PM

Breaking down a position.

We're pretty much to the point where those who follow the draft know everything we can pretty much know about the dudes in the upcoming draft.

My question for the non-draft followers:

Which position would you like to see a run-down of?

Either because you're not familiar enough with the talent at the position, or because you'd like to see a comprehensive re-cap, or what.

Name the position, and I'll do a quick recap of the position if/when I have some time one of these nights. I have a couple slow ones coming up. Consider this a public service.

Poll of all the positions (minus special teams) coming in a moment.

HoneyBadger 04-13-2013 04:49 PM

None. Doesn't matter. It will just depress me when we draft all linemen this year.

cdcox 04-13-2013 04:50 PM

Long snapper.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-13-2013 04:53 PM

**** the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

DTLB58 04-13-2013 05:26 PM

ILB

I think it's pretty important the Chiefs get stability at this position like they have at the 3 LB spots. And I'd rather it come from the draft so we can get someone young that they can teach this new Defense to and have the energy to fly around out there and perform not some over the hill FA veteran on his last leg.

Break it down. :)

Rain Man 04-13-2013 05:33 PM

I am wondering if the draft needs to start specifying 3-4 vs 4-3 defensive linemen. it is hard to tell who is a projected nose tackle verses 4-3 tackle and the same problem is true for 3-4 outside linebackers verses 4-3 defensive ends. so who projects where in those positions, recognizing that some could serve either role.

BlackHelicopters 04-13-2013 05:36 PM

TE

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-13-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9584058)
TE

Considering our asshole Quarterback; great call.
Posted via Mobile Device

Urc Burry 04-13-2013 05:43 PM

RB.. It's a position that no one talks about, but I see us using a later round pick on. I think Cyrus is a nice fit in Reid's offense, but he has yet to show anything

Rasputin 04-13-2013 05:46 PM

I voted tell us more about your whore of a mother.

Spoiler!

-King- 04-13-2013 06:27 PM

Punt team gunners.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 04-13-2013 06:40 PM

what? no Geno option? :D

HoneyBadger 04-13-2013 08:50 PM

P.s. I don't think anyone here cares.

RealSNR 04-13-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9584048)
I am wondering if the draft needs to start specifying 3-4 vs 4-3 defensive linemen. it is hard to tell who is a projected nose tackle verses 4-3 tackle and the same problem is true for 3-4 outside linebackers verses 4-3 defensive ends. so who projects where in those positions, recognizing that some could serve either role.

Absolutely. The draft has come a long way since the Ravens picked Terrell Suggs and some people criticized that they took a DE to play OLB.

(Seriously. Remember that happening? And obviously it's not like that sort of thing wasn't done a million times before, it was just in an age where draft coverage was way less in the public eye.)

In the meantime, however, it's still a problem for 3-4 teams. When the board lists your player as a DT, what the hell does that mean? DE or NT? If you take a player like JJ Watt, who was an oversized 4-3 DE in college and then list him as a DE on the board, is he an OLB or DE in the 3-4?

RealSNR 04-13-2013 09:01 PM

I also chose TE, simply because the rankings are literally all over the goddamn place after Eifert and Ertz come off the board. This is the kind of draft where you'll see a few teams "reach" on TEs ranked as 7th rounders by Mel and the gang as high as the 3rd round, simply because one scout's opinion is just as good as the next guy's.