ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

DaKCMan AP 03-09-2012 06:45 AM

Well, after the Eagles went QB the Bears were sure Fleener would slip to them at #49 but the Chargers surprised with a pick that, IMO, makes ZERO sense to a team that needs significant improvement in other areas where they don't already have an All-Pro.

After (stupidly) letting Greg Olsen go last offseason the Bears and Jay Cutler need help at the TE position. With Fleener gone it's on to plan AB (not B) and a prospect that should immediately step in as an every down player as a receiving TE AND a run blocker.

The Chicago Bears select Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson.

doomy3 03-09-2012 08:52 AM

The Eagles need some help at both safety spots, and this is a gut with good size/speed combo who has good coverage skills and is a pretty good tackler.

The Eagles select Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State

Direckshun 03-09-2012 09:01 AM

I love that ONE DAY after I select Charles, he gets ****ing arrested.

Direckshun 03-09-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8431261)
I still don't believe that time.

Watching his 40 and using a stop watch I, and many others, timed low-mid 4.4's.

When did you stopwatch time Kendall Wright? LMAO

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 10:11 AM

Sigh....my board is all set up and stuff. Let's get a move on, kiddos...

doomy3 03-09-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8432045)
Well, after the Eagles went QB the Bears were sure Fleener would slip to them at #49 but the Chargers surprised with a pick that, IMO, makes ZERO sense to a team that needs significant improvement in other areas where they don't already have an All-Pro.

After (stupidly) letting Greg Olsen go last offseason the Bears and Jay Cutler need help at the TE position. With Fleener gone it's on to plan AB (not B) and a prospect that should immediately step in as an every down player as a receiving TE AND a run blocker.

The Chicago Bears select Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson.

See, this is such a short sighted take, IMO. Yes, I could have taken a lesser prospect that would fill a larger glaring need. I just don't think that's how good teams are built. I would imagine that if Norv Turner had Gronkowski on his roster, he'd figure out some way to get him and Gates on the field and use his weapons. With Vincent Jackson potentially leaving town, Rivers will need some more weapons. Would I rather have who I consider to be the best TE in this draft and a first round talent, or a middle of the road WR replacing some of the Jackson production? I'll take Fleener all day long. Plus, it isn't as if Gates is Mr. Iron Man or anything.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 10:37 AM

I actually think that Fleener is a good pickup.

Gates is really slowing down fast and the Chargers could make good use of a 2 TE set for the next year or two, especially with Jackson likely gone.

Fleener's a great pick; I think KCMan is just pissed because you got his guy.

(But seriously, Osweiler in the 2nd round remains just silly...)

DaKCMan AP 03-09-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8432527)
See, this is such a short sighted take, IMO. Yes, I could have taken a lesser prospect that would fill a larger glaring need. I just don't think that's how good teams are built. I would imagine that if Norv Turner had Gronkowski on his roster, he'd figure out some way to get him and Gates on the field and use his weapons. With Vincent Jackson potentially leaving town, Rivers will need some more weapons. Would I rather have who I consider to be the best TE in this draft and a first round talent, or a middle of the road WR replacing some of the Jackson production? I'll take Fleener all day long. Plus, it isn't as if Gates is Mr. Iron Man or anything.

I understand where you're coming from, but that team has real needs. They could afford to fill a need in the 2nd round and grab a guy who's more a project (and more like Gates, too) in Ladarius Green around the 3rd-4th round.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8432558)
I understand where you're coming from, but that team has real needs. They could afford to fill a need in the 2nd round and grab a guy who's more a project (and more like Gates, too) in Ladarius Green around the 3rd-4th round.

With Jackson gone and a wide-open division, a guy like Fleener that can both contribute immediately and present a long-term replacement for Gates is a great get, especially considering the value he presented that deep into the 2nd.

I agree that there are other guys that could've helped the Chargers as well, but that doesn't mean that Fleener can't be just as useful.

DaKCMan AP 03-09-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8432571)
With Jackson gone and a wide-open division, a guy like Fleener that can both contribute immediately and present a long-term replacement for Gates is a great get, especially considering the value he presented that deep into the 2nd.

I agree that there are other guys that could've helped the Chargers as well, but that doesn't mean that Fleener can't be just as useful.

Fleener can be useful but is sort of a luxury pick, IMO. I think rush backer is a bigger need for them and would have given serious thought to Ronnell Lewis.

doomy3 03-09-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8432583)
Fleener can be useful but is sort of a luxury pick, IMO. I think rush backer is a bigger need for them and would have given serious thought to Ronnell Lewis.

Ronnell Lewis did get some thought. I certainly agree with you that rush linebacker is a huge need for them, but again, Fleener is a MUCH better prospect at TE than Lewis is at OLB, IMO.

jd1020 03-09-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8432194)
When did you stopwatch time Kendall Wright? LMAO

Its called watching a clip of his combine workout.

I get 4.43-4.45 every time. His unofficial time at the combine was 4.45. Never do I even get close to 4.61. The highest I ever got was 4.5.

RealSNR 03-09-2012 11:00 AM

I thought Fleener was a good pick. Especially since Gates has been getting his labia bruised for the past couple seasons now

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8432618)
Ronnell Lewis did get some thought. I certainly agree with you that rush linebacker is a huge need for them, but again, Fleener is a MUCH better prospect at TE than Lewis is at OLB, IMO.

Vinny Curry would've been where I went with that pick, but Fleener's absolutely defensible.

DaKCMan AP 03-09-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8432657)
Vinny Curry would've been where I went with that pick, but Fleener's absolutely defensible.

Curry would have been the Charger's first choice for me too but he was taken the pick before.

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8432658)
Curry would have been the Charger's first choice for me too but he was taken the pick before.

Well shit...looked right over that one; must've been at the bottom of a page or something (nope, not really, I'm just an idiot).

Nice pick, ChiefsCountry; I would've probably grabbed him with my Lions pick as I don't think Avril's coming back and he has massive upside. Great 2nd round pick.

ChiefsCountry 03-09-2012 11:25 AM

I didn't realize how ****ing stupid the Lounge is right now, guess I have spent way too much time here in DraftPlanet.

Nightfyre 03-09-2012 11:33 AM

I find it interesting that RG3 can spill from draft planet into the lounge, but peyton can't spill from the lounge into draft planet. Its a one-way street baby!

jd1020 03-09-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 8432767)
I find it interesting that RG3 can spill from draft planet into the lounge, but peyton can't spill from the lounge into draft planet. Its a one-way street baby!

****!

I've been dating everything as 2012. I completely forgot it was 1998.

Sfeihc 03-09-2012 11:57 AM

Was Marco Poloed? FWIW, I like the Fleener pick now that ASU QB, that's another story.

Nightfyre 03-09-2012 12:01 PM

Osweiler will go in the second or third round because he has the physical gifts to be great.

The Franchise 03-09-2012 12:26 PM

I've got the Bengals pick whenever he's up.

Marco Polo 03-09-2012 12:40 PM

The Titans need TWO guards. Their LG was terrible last year, so Tennessee's first pick in Cordy Glenn will hope to replace him. RG Jake Scott is a FA and could walk away. Tennessee goes true fan again and drafts another guard, shoring up that area for years.

The Tennessee Titans select Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin.

RealSNR 03-09-2012 12:43 PM

I'm a Badger homer, but Zeitler is awesome. Good value. I think he's going to wind up a late first/early second round guy depending on the demand at the position.

The Franchise 03-09-2012 12:48 PM

The Cincinnati Bengals select Lamar Miller, RB, The U.

Per a PM from Sfeihc.

RealSNR 03-09-2012 01:09 PM

Just curious, Pest, but what do you like about Lamar Miller over David Wilson? Is it that he's got more experience and doesn't run as upright?

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 01:12 PM

Well since none of the 1st round caliber CBs fell to the Lions and Curry came off the board just before they were up, Detroit is set to deal with a pretty significant problem in their defensive backfield. An aggressive offense has to be supplemented by a defense that compements it; I.E. one that can play with a lead and against teams that are going to attack it through the air. With a couple of pocket-collapsing lineman in the middle, their DBs don't have to be able to hold on forever, but definitely need to be better than their present pair.

So with their 2nd round pick, the Lions go with:

Chase Minnifield, CB - Virginia. Unlike Dennard, he has the potential to be a legitimate #1 CB. There's a whole lot of Carr in this kid, IMO, but with perhaps a little more straight line speed and better body control. The Lions are happy to have him here.

The Franchise 03-09-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8433130)
Just curious, Pest, but what do you like about Lamar Miller over David Wilson? Is it that he's got more experience and doesn't run as upright?

Ask sfheic.....it was his pick.

RealSNR 03-09-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8433155)
Ask sfheic.....it was his pick.

Doh!

Sfheic... same question?

DeezNutz 03-09-2012 03:01 PM

Who is holding up the mock? Who. The. ****?

The Franchise 03-09-2012 03:03 PM

BossChief

DJ's left nut 03-09-2012 03:53 PM

!@#$ - MY BAD!

PM Sent. Direkshun moves that I be expelled from this draft and all future drafts...

ChiefsCountry 03-09-2012 04:02 PM

We are just waiting for Marvin McNutt to be picked, no biggie really.

DeezNutz 03-09-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8433978)
!@#$ - MY BAD!

PM Sent. Direkshun moves that I be expelled from this draft and all future drafts...

You're not coming to the SEC with us with this type of performance. This is Big IIX shit here.

BossChief 03-09-2012 05:10 PM

Just got home. I'll have my pick in shortly.

I'm trying to find the best reach for my team.

BossChief 03-09-2012 05:40 PM

One thing that was "off" a bit with Atlantas late season run was that their bell cow seemed to wind down considerably. TBH I'm a bit shocked that this guy is still on the board.

Going into that offense, this kid has a chance to be a very busy player in the next few years and is great value at this point.

In the second round of the 2012 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select

David Wilson, RB Virginia Tech

The Franchise 03-09-2012 05:47 PM

Michael Turner
Jason Snelling
Jacquizz Rodgers

RealSNR 03-09-2012 05:50 PM

Christ. That was the Packers pick. First Manning in Denver and now this

BossChief 03-09-2012 06:30 PM

Michael Turner looks done and the value of this kid in the late second round is outstanding.

Titty Meat 03-09-2012 06:55 PM

The Falcons scored 5 points in the playoffs. They need all the talent on offense they can get.

Archie Bunker 03-09-2012 06:58 PM

I'm on the road at the moment. I'll have my pick in around 9 sorry for the hold up.

Frosty 03-09-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8434403)
Michael Turner
Jason Snelling
Jacquizz Rodgers

Snelling is a FA, IIRC.

I'm not sure who is available now but I probably would have looked defense for the Falcons. Their passing D sucked last year.

Sfeihc 03-09-2012 11:21 PM

Thanks for posting my pick. I like Miller and his home run ability but Wilson is no slouch, he just fumbles a lot. Either would have been a fine pick for the Bengals but Miller and his speed won out over Wilson and his fumbles. I know their 40 times are close but Miller seems to have more game-breaking ability.

Archie Bunker 03-10-2012 01:44 AM

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State

The Steelers offensive line was terrible last year and guard is a major need. Siatolu is one of my favorite small school prospects and his stock seems to be rising. I think once this guy gets adjusted to level of competition he will be a very good player for a lot of years.

DeezNutz 03-10-2012 07:41 AM

The recent run on the position made this GM a bit worried and annoyed; however, these players have dropped enough in this draft to allow quantity to win out.

The Broncos have a stable of brokedicks and marginal talent in their backfield. Ideally, the team would have liked to address the secondary, but the value just isn't there at this point. Thus, we go RB in an effort to get the ball out of Tebow's hands as much as possible. We're hoping that this player might be able to throw, too:

Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

The Texans are on the clock.

RealSNR 03-10-2012 10:37 AM

Aaaaand all the RB value is gone.

Thanks guys.

Nightfyre 03-10-2012 01:42 PM

A long long time ago
I can still remember
How that pick used to make me smile
And I knew if I had a place
That I could increase that mock draft pace
And maybe they'd be happy for a while
But March made me shiver
With every pick I didn't deliver
Bad news in the draft sticky
I couldn't make a single picky
I can't remember if I cried
When I mulled about my jilted pride
But something touched me deep inside
The day the mock draft died

Lono 03-10-2012 04:03 PM

Sorry the pick is a bit late, just got home from a golf tourney.

The Texans have been in need of a nose tackle for a couple years. This is the year they get one. They typically like quicker guys on the dline over big lugs. With the 58th pick of the 2012 Draft the Houston Texans select, Josh Chapman, Alabama.

RealSNR 03-10-2012 04:44 PM

BAN DIRECKSHUN

BossChief 03-10-2012 05:07 PM

Don't want to tip my hand too much, but I was hoping Chapman would have lasted to the Dolphins pick.

Oh well, lots of good players left on the board.

the Talking Can 03-10-2012 05:35 PM

i guess chapman's stock is rising...i was hoping he'd be there for the chiefs later..

The Franchise 03-10-2012 06:21 PM

I've got Direckshun's pick. Let me get that shit posted...

The Franchise 03-10-2012 06:23 PM

Per Direckshun's PM.

The New Orleans Saints select Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State.

RealSNR 03-10-2012 07:21 PM

Christ. Interior offensive linemen and RBs have been flying off the board. I'm still not liking the prospects for 3-4 passrushers in this position, either.

Realistically, the Packers STILL need defensive line help. This is turning into a Piolian draft circa 2009, but in this case the best player that fits the Packers is sitting right there. Rather than pick from a fleet of corners that are all at kind of the same level (Johnson, Boykin, Bentley) they pick the guy that won't be there in the 3rd.

With that pick, the Packers will be back to their dominant defensive line they had in 2010.

The Green Bay Packers select Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

Titty Meat 03-10-2012 08:07 PM

Looks like Jarrett Johnson will be a free agent so this is a pretty logical pick.

Baltimore Ravens select: Shea McClellin OLB Boise State

DJ's left nut 03-10-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8438407)
Christ. Interior offensive linemen and RBs have been flying off the board. I'm still not liking the prospects for 3-4 passrushers in this position, either.

Realistically, the Packers STILL need defensive line help. This is turning into a Piolian draft circa 2009, but in this case the best player that fits the Packers is sitting right there. Rather than pick from a fleet of corners that are all at kind of the same level (Johnson, Boykin, Bentley) they pick the guy that won't be there in the 3rd.

With that pick, the Packers will be back to their dominant defensive line they had in 2010.

The Green Bay Packers select Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

Great pick, imo. His floor is a solid rotational lineman with a borderline all pro ceiling. That said, i like him a lot more as an undertackle in a 4-3.

Titty Meat 03-10-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8438778)
Great pick, imo. His floor is a solid rotational lineman with a borderline all pro ceiling. That said, i like him a lot more as an undertackle in a 4-3.

He's a better 3-4 D-End.

BTW **** you SNR for stealing my pick.

DJ's left nut 03-10-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8438840)
He's a better 3-4 D-End.

BTW **** you SNR for stealing my pick.

I'll defer to the nub; seems like hes capable of being more dynamic than he'll be asked to be as a 3-4 de in GB, that's all.

RealSNR 03-10-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8438872)
I'll defer to the nub; seems like hes capable of being more dynamic than he'll be asked to be as a 3-4 de in GB, that's all.

That's what people said about JJ Watt as well. Even in that Wade Phillips defense, he's not being asked to do much more than he would as a 5-tech in a Capers or Crennel 3-4. It's working phenomenally for them.

The Franchise 03-11-2012 12:16 AM

I'll have my pick in the next 5 minutes.

The Franchise 03-11-2012 12:21 AM

The San Francisco 49ers select Jayron Hosley, CB/PR, Virginia Tech.

DJ's left nut 03-11-2012 10:06 AM

Goddammit!

Stupid, careless jackass. I had no idea the Panthers traded their 3rd for Greg Olsen.

I was stupid for not knowing it, the Panthers were stupid for actually doing it.

Ugh.

ChiefsCountry 03-11-2012 12:20 PM

New England keeps upgrading its wide receiver core. 2nd round is about taking players who could be 1st rounders but have some flaws. The Patriots are adding another big strong WR to add with Sanu. With this pick, Sanu on the outside with Welker in the slot and the two TEs that New England has, the offense could be nearly unstoppable.

New England Patriots select Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

Direckshun 03-11-2012 12:30 PM

Great pick by Pats. I'm a big fan of Jones.

Guy is gigantic.

Spoiler!

RealSNR 03-11-2012 12:32 PM

Crick and Harrison Smith have both been taken, bree

Direckshun 03-11-2012 12:33 PM

Giants can pretty much take anybody they want here.

This team is as without holes as any team in the NFL.

The Franchise 03-11-2012 12:37 PM

So is Minnefield.

Direckshun 03-11-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8440356)
Crick and Harrison Smith have both been taken, bree

Took 'em off.

Added two more.

Direckshun 03-11-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8440378)
So is Minnefield.

Took him off. Added one of my favorite sleepers.

htismaqe 03-11-2012 01:19 PM

The Giants are proof that you can never have too many pass-rushers. They've also successfully found a spot in their defense for "tweeners" after converting Kiwanuka to LB.

They value pass rushing production and this guy's versatility fits everything the Giants do on defense...

The New York Giants select:

RONNELL LEWIS, DE, OKLAHOMA

Rams Fan 03-11-2012 01:37 PM

Leggo Billay

Titty Meat 03-11-2012 02:30 PM

The Colts really aren't making this easy on Andrew Luck. Switching to a 3-4 there are so many holes that needed the filled on defense. Problem is there's just as many needing to be filled on offense. With that being said I'm not going to put Andrew Luck in a position to fail so once again I'm going offense.

Colts Select Chris Polk Washington

Direckshun 03-11-2012 02:40 PM

Luck better be as good as advertised.

The Colts just dumped half their offense and are changing their defense.

Luck could end up in pretty dire straits when this is all said and done.

Rams Fan 03-11-2012 02:42 PM

Will make the pick in a few minutes.

Direckshun 03-11-2012 02:42 PM

Question for Rams Fan, now that he's on the board:

Who do you want the Rams to take at #6, assuming Blackmon and Kalil are off the board?

Rams Fan 03-11-2012 02:47 PM

Sam Bradford needs better pass protection, and Steven Jackson needs some one to block for him.

The Rams are extremely happy that this guard fell to them here.

With the 66th selection in the CP Draft, the St. Louis Rams select:

Ryan Miller, G, Colorado

Rams Fan 03-11-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8440938)
Question for Rams Fan, now that he's on the board:

Who do you want the Rams to take at #6, assuming Blackmon and Kalil are off the board?

Claiborne or Richardson, possibly Poe.

The Franchise 03-11-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbucks Fan (Post 8440968)
Claiborne or Blackmon, possibly Poe.

What about Brockers?

Direckshun 03-11-2012 02:50 PM

Brockers is not Top 10 talent.

The Franchise 03-11-2012 02:51 PM

Neither was Tyson Jackson.