ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Bob Dole is officially old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269356)

Bob Dole 01-26-2013 05:53 PM

Bob Dole is officially old

Shingles. **** yeah!

Started having moderate pain from left knee to waist last weekend, then the eruptions started Tuesday night. Every bit as awesome as you've heard.

Maybe Bob Dole should have paid attention to this new(ish) commercials.

Bob Dole can only hope to be able to wear pants without screaming by Monday. Too much shit to do at work.

bevischief 01-26-2013 05:57 PM

They suck. I remember when my mom had them. But hers was on her face.

LiveSteam 01-26-2013 06:03 PM

I shot 50 rounds of 45acp today & my god dam right elbow is killing me. Getting old sucks!

JFC the shingles. That sucks man. My Pops went through that. Gods speed

mlyonsd 01-26-2013 06:04 PM

Very sorry to hear Bob Dole.

I'm 52 and in September I came down with Chicken Pox of all things. After about 7 days I started getting the worst headache of my life. Couldn't lay down, sit still, just paced around the house all one night. Next day my wife called the doctor and they told me to go to the ER. Spent 3 days in the local hospital and then they transferred me to an intensive care unit in Sioux Falls where the real expensive doctors could watch me. Even had several visits from the CDC doctors. Finally started coming out of it but had to give myself viral med infusion treatments for another week.

Worst thing I've ever been through and they told me after 6 months don't wait to get a shingles shot. I have just a couple months left and then I'm doing it.

The interesting thing about the chicken pox are I had a mild case when I was real young. That confused the local docs for a while but the ones in SF says we'll start to see more repeat cases, because with the vaccine now the disease is rare so over time some immune systems can forget they've had it. That's what happened to me.

Hope your case goes away quickly.

Buehler445 01-26-2013 06:04 PM

Sorry to hear that Bob Dole. Shingles suck bawls.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-26-2013 06:10 PM

My brother has those from time to time. He usually feels better after we go get shitfaced.

bevischief 01-26-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 9353668)
Very sorry to hear Bob Dole.

I'm 52 and in September I came down with Chicken Pox of all things. After about 7 days I started getting the worst headache of my life. Couldn't lay down, sit still, just paced around the house all one night. Next day my wife called the doctor and they told me to go to the ER. Spent 3 days in the local hospital and then they transferred me to an intensive care unit in Sioux Falls where the real expensive doctors could watch me. Even had several visits from the CDC doctors. Finally started coming out of it but had to give myself viral med infusion treatments for another week.

Worst thing I've ever been through and they told me after 6 months don't wait to get a shingles shot. I have just a couple months left and then I'm doing it.

The interesting thing about the chicken pox are I had a mild case when I was real young. That confused the local docs for a while but the ones in SF says we'll start to see more repeat cases, because with the vaccine now the disease is rare so over time some immune systems can forget they've had it. That's what happened to me.

Hope your case goes away quickly.

I had such a mild case growing up not looking forward to a repeat or shingles or both.

HayWire 01-26-2013 06:18 PM

I've had them on and off for about eight months now. Sucks some major ass. Take meds and use anti itch cream when they get bad. I've scratched so bad some nights I've woke up with a bloody shirt. Good luck

Sfeihc 01-26-2013 06:19 PM

get well soon, Bob Dole.

AustinChief 01-26-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 9353635)
Bob Dole can only hope to be able to wear pants without screaming by Monday. Too much shit to do at work.

Don't pretend that you wear pants to work. We all know better.

(oh and get well soon man)

DaneMcCloud 01-26-2013 06:22 PM

As soon as they're gone, get the vaccine.

They'll never return again.

stonedstooge 01-26-2013 06:23 PM

What vaccine are some of you talking about?

keg in kc 01-26-2013 06:25 PM

Sky is officially blue.

Feel better.

bevischief 01-26-2013 06:26 PM

Try some Turmeric and Neem Leaf. They are both strong natural anti-virals. Turmeric you can get at Walmart. Neem Leaf I have never looked for it there before.

KChiefer 01-26-2013 07:18 PM

Did you know that if you've had chicken pox, the shingles virus already resides in you?

Really though, get well soon.

I have a bad feeling that I'll have something like shingles later in life. I have a shitty epidermis. I'm pale as hell, prone to impetigo, and have had pityriasis rosea twice.