ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pick The 8 Players KC Will Cut This Offseason (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289703)

kccrow 01-04-2015 01:44 PM

Pick The 8 Players KC Will Cut This Offseason

I'm going to be doing a new mock up with who KC retains, who they cut, and who they sign with whatever money I end up with. You pick who they retain and who they cut from my polls. Pick 8 of the 16 players KC should cut to make cap space in 2015... I'll use the top vote getters. I'll worry about any re-structures that might need to be made for those retained.

Hoover 01-04-2015 01:51 PM

Its hard to cut Allen when you look at our guard situation. Really sucks to have to cut Berry considering his situation, I wish I knew all the options available to the team.

kccrow 01-04-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 11242161)
Its hard to cut Allen when you look at our guard situation. Really sucks to have to cut Berry considering his situation, I wish I knew all the options available to the team.

They can outright cut. They can stash him on a non-football illness list that allows them to designate what rate they want to pay him, either nothing or some percentage of his total rate that will go against the cap. When the Browns Dezmond Bryant had a heart condition, they paid him 75% of his salary.

John Dope 01-04-2015 07:13 PM

That was tough! I really don't think they will cut Berry unless they are 100% sure he is done. I don't think Dorsey would do it and I don't think Clark would allow it. Plus, if you do that, you piss all the players off. You also piss players from around the league off. Imo we are still trying to repair our image that was damaged in the Pioli era imo. They gotta be careful about how they handle Berry.

Nightfyre 01-04-2015 07:27 PM

A few ideas: Berry can go back on the NFI list and his contract doesn't count against the cap. Bowe, DJ and Devito are restructure candidates. Stephenson will be cut for sure. Hali and Avery will be cut. Daniel and Mays should be cut.

edit: All that said, I didn't vote in the poll.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 07:41 PM

LMAO

I'd like someone to name ONE valid, logical reason that Chase Daniel should be cut, especially if the Chiefs are gaining significant cap space by cutting Avery, Fasano, DeVito, Bowe, Hali, Mays and putting Berry on the NFI.

John Dope 01-04-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244149)
LMAO

I'd like someone to name ONE valid, logical reason that Chase Daniel should be cut, especially if the Chiefs are gaining significant cap space by cutting Avery, Fasano, DeVito, Bowe, Hali, Mays and putting Berry on the NFI.

We completely agree on Chase. They won't cut him. It won't happen.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 07:51 PM

There's no reason to cut Allen until after training camp at the earliest. He's better depth than the guys that replaced him this year.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 07:56 PM

They'll either restructure Hali, Bowe, DeVito and Johnson or cut them. I do believe that most will be back at a greatly reduced rate. Mays, Fasano and Jenkins are gone and if they're not, this team will be in for another long year offensively.

Sean Smith and Chase Daniel are untouchable. No way they cut either.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:03 PM

They'll wait to cut daniel into preseason anyway, if murray or bray come out with a bang and take over the number 2 spot and a vet from some other team gets surprise cut and they need money

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11244214)
They'll wait to cut daniel into preseason anyway, if murray or bray come out with a bang and take over the number 2 spot and a vet from some other team gets surprise cut and they need money

Daniel will in no way, shape or form, be cut.

If he's not on the 2015 roster, it'll be because he was traded to a QB needy team, like Buffalo or the Jets, or to bring along a rookie QB.

$3.8 million for a capable backup QB is peanuts, especially with an injury prone starter in his 30's.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244225)
Daniel will in no way, shape or form, be cut.

If he's not on the 2015 roster, it'll be because he was traded to a QB needy team, like Buffalo or the Jets, or to bring along a rookie QB.

$3.8 million for a capable backup QB is peanuts, especially with an injury prone starter in his 30's.

I don't think he will be, but that would be the only scenario I could see playing out where he is cut.

Or if Winston were to drop and they were on love with him and drafted him.

RunKC 01-04-2015 08:13 PM

The Chiefs are not cutting Fasano or Walker. Look at their cap number.

Both these guys have more dead money than cap savings so cutting them both does nothing but lose money. You're paying to get rid of them

Cutting them in 2016 however gives you back $2.77 million for Fasano and $2.52 million for Walker.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:14 PM

I don't mind either of those two really, they're fillers.

Wouldn't mind adding another dynamic TE tho.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244149)
LMAO

One valid reason? How about he's not that good and there's no logical reason to believe that he brings more to the team than someone like Murray, Bray, or any rookie QB the Chiefs might draft/sign.