ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

Sfeihc 03-28-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8500090)
Okay boys grade it. The Patriots are done for this draft.

1. Dontari Poe, DE/DT, Memphis
1. Mohammed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
2. Vinny Curry, OLB/DE, Marshall
2. Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina
3. Ben Jones, C, Georgia
4. Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

I'm not sure of Sanu in the first and Poe is hit or miss. The last four picks are rock solid.

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 06:47 PM

Broncos are done, so let me have it:

1. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
2. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
3. Brandon Taylor, S, LSU
4. Emmanuel Ocho, OLB, Texas
5. J.K. Schaffer, LB, Cinci
6. Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State

RealSNR 03-28-2012 07:08 PM

The Packers can't believe an athlete of this calibre is still available in the 6th round. Pretty much the exact same story as Janoris Jenkins plus an arrest for an armed robbery (was found not guilty). A close, tight group of defensive backs led by Charles Woodson should be just what this guy needs to put his insane athleticism to good use on the football field. If any team can mold him into not only a good team but also a good human being, it's the Packers.

Green Bay Packers select Janzen Jackson, S, McNeese State

BossChief 03-28-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8500113)

I can hear the sound of Kellen Moore firing his pop gun into the air from here in Iowa.

BossChief 03-28-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8500157)
The Packers can't believe an athlete of this calibre is still available in the 6th round. Pretty much the exact same story as Janoris Jenkins plus an arrest for an armed robbery (was found not guilty). A close, tight group of defensive backs led by Charles Woodson should be just what this guy needs to put his insane athleticism to good use on the football field. If any team can mold him into not only a good team but also a good human being, it's the Packers.

I basically was deciding between he and Howell and decided to go with the guy that impressed me big time in 2010 and then followed it up by showing his toughness by playing the whole year through injury.

Not too many McNeese St games on tv and I like my own eye test over the word of internet scouts.

Getting these guys this late in the draft is crazy value IMO.

Titty Meat 03-28-2012 07:16 PM

Going with a tree pick here.

The Baltimore Ravens Select Marcel Jones Nebraska

RealSNR 03-28-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Sexy picks all around that address a variety of needs. I agree with Boss, though. Kellen Moore is comical. I'll bet Manning won't respect him at all and will steal his lunch money after morning practices are done

RealSNR 03-28-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8500180)
I basically was deciding between he and Howell and decided to go with the guy that impressed me big time in 2010 and then followed it up by showing his toughness by playing the whole year through injury.

Not too many McNeese St games on tv and I like my own eye test over the word of internet scouts.

Getting these guys this late in the draft is crazy value IMO.

Yeah. I remember hearing about the Jackson saga at Tennessee. He gets arrested, then leaves by himself, then comes back, then gets kicked off. Quite a mess, but the under story to all of that back in 2010 was how tragic it was that such a good athlete wouldn't be around for the Volunteers. Plus being a 5-star recruit out of high school never hurts.

It's the 6th round. Your best value is going to be had by taking high risk/high reward players like Janzen Jackson and Dontari Poe.

ChiefsCountry 03-28-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8500157)

Already been picked. Look at the end of round 5.

RealSNR 03-28-2012 07:25 PM

Sorry guys. I knew it was too good to be true that Jackson wasn't picked.

I did a page search for his name and didn't come across anything. His name is JaNzen, not JaRzen

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8500183)
Sexy picks all around that address a variety of needs. I agree with Boss, though. Kellen Moore is comical. I'll bet Manning won't respect him at all and will steal his lunch money after morning practices are done

Thanks.

You all think that Moore goes undrafted? Any 6th/7th round QB selection (5th!!!??!!) is almost always a worthless pick, though...

RealSNR 03-28-2012 07:51 PM

Dude's college career got ruined by a torn pectoral muscle, and never got back his starting position. But comes from a good school, and could be valuable line depth as a tackle or guard for a Packer team that might not get Derek Sherrod back... ever. Extremely effective run blocker, though. Impressed at East-West shrine game.

Green Bay Packers select Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa

Sfeihc 03-28-2012 08:18 PM

Since the Bengals don't have a seventh round pick here is their haul;

1) J. Jenkins, CB, UFA
1) M. Barron, S, Bama
2) L. Miller, RB, The U
3) R. Broyles, WR, OK
4) M. Martin, DT, UM
5) S. Kelemete, G, UW
5) J. Jackson, S, McNesse St.
6) D. Trevathan, OLB, UK

You're welcome, Mr. Brown. Good luck in the playoffs.

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Damn. Forgot one of my other picks:

5. Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M

Can't believe I was so kind to this pathetic franchise, even drafted their QBOTF, too.

The Franchise 03-29-2012 09:23 AM

The San Francisco 49ers select Jerrell Young, FS, South Florida