ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

Mr. Laz 01-21-2013 06:08 PM

Wow ... I haven't found an NFL QB yet with hands smaller than 9"

htismaqe 01-21-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9339840)

Exactly. It's bad news.

ModSocks 01-21-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9339840)

Shaun King?

htismaqe 01-21-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9339847)
Shaun King?

Ouch.

Saccopoo 01-21-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339830)
Like it or not, 8 5/8 is going to REALLY hurt him with some teams.

Holy shit. Really?

Those are really small hands for an NFL QB.

Yikes.

BigCatDaddy 01-21-2013 06:26 PM

Doesn't Clausen have small hands?

Reaper16 01-21-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9339870)
Doesn't Clausen have small hands?

Yes.

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 06:31 PM

9.5" here. No surprises.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-21-2013 07:06 PM

Wes Stueve ‏@WeStueve

I will be shocked if Tyler Wilson doesn't go in the first round. I would take him in the top ten. Great talent who makes plays for offense.

ArrowheadMagic 01-21-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339859)
Ouch.

John David Booty

Chiefs Pantalones 01-21-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9339749)
The 2013 rookie quarterback class is wide open. Ask five NFL draft analysts for their favorite players in the class, and you might get five different answers. There have even been suggestions that no signal caller will get drafted in the first round.
Brooks: Hot Senior Bowl prospects
Bucky Brooks identifies 10 prospects to follow at the Senior Bowl, including a potential Jason Pierre-Paul clone. More ...

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock advises against that logic.

"It's early in this entire process," Mayock said during NFL Network's Senior Bowl coverage. "Everyone says there's no Andrew Luck, there's no Robert Griffin III. ... I guarantee you by the time we get to April there will be three to four quarterbacks taken in the first round and most of them are coming out of this game."

Mayock's words are surprising, but they shouldn't be. Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden were all taken higher than analysts expected in April, much less in late January. Colin Kaepernick and Andy Dalton also almost rose to first round status, and were hardly viewed as surefire top picks early in the process.

The point here: Projections from draftniks at this stage of the process aren't worth much. The NFL's decision makers don't know where these guys will land, so we definitely don't know from the outside. And Mayock pointed out that the emphasis on the quarterback position will naturally make some of this year's promising crop go early.

Among those top Senior Bowl quarterbacks Mayock talked about were N.C. State's Mike Glennon, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson, Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert, and Syracuse's Ryan Nassib.

It's hard to say who will get drafted first out of this group. But don't be surprised if most of them go in round one.

Boom. Kiper and McShay can come get a taste.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-21-2013 08:18 PM

Eric Galko ‏@OptimumScouting

Tyler Wilson was awesome. Looks the part of a Senator. Great understanding/detail of career/ability. Best interview for most here #Arkansas

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9340167)

Tyler Wilson was awesome. Looks the part of a Senator. Great understanding/detail of career/ability. Best interview for most here #Arkansas

God I hope he hits it off with Dorsey and Reid.

Seems like a midwest kid who would fit right in at Arrowhead for a long time...

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340173)

I have no problem with Wilson.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340173)

This.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 08:23 PM

oh no, it's a terrible year for QBs!

only 4 will go in the first round.....

O.city 01-21-2013 08:24 PM

Seems like a primadonna who threw his team under the bus. I like him, but I just see too much Rivers in him.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340185)
Seems like a primadonna who threw his team under the bus. I like him, but I just see too much Rivers in him.

What was that...once?

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:26 PM

RE T.Wilson Let's just say, from what I see/heard him say: QUITE Possible. RT @hogspilot: Love to see him with an arrowhead helmet. Chance?

O.city 01-21-2013 08:26 PM

I'm a hogs fan, so every game he played.

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340193)
RE T.Wilson Let's just say, from what I see/heard him say: QUITE Possible. RT @hogspilot: Love to see him with an arrowhead helmet. Chance?

I want him or Geno with 1.1

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340193)

This someone from his mom's basement...?

O.city 01-21-2013 08:27 PM

Way too much of a hot head, seen him throw a fit when things don't go his way.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340194)
I'm a hogs fan, so every game he played.

He threw his team under the bus ever game he played... :spock:

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340198)
Way too much of a hot head, seen him throw a fit when things don't go his way.

It happens...right?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E9MdPFFx0k0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340197)
This someone from his mom's basement...?

Eric Galko

@OptimumScouting

Director of Scouting - Optimum Scouting Scouting Director of 2013 BSN Showcase Editor in Chief at http://OptimumScouting.com EricG@OptimumScouting.com

http://www.OptimumScouting.com

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9340205)
Eric Galko

@OptimumScouting

Director of Scouting - Optimum Scouting Scouting Director of 2013 BSN Showcase Editor in Chief at http://OptimumScouting.com EricG@OptimumScouting.com

http://www.OptimumScouting.com

NOICE! :clap:

O.city 01-21-2013 08:30 PM

It's funny reading all these different things from the Sr Bowl.

Lande said Wilson was awful today, others say he was ok, others say he was awesome etc.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:31 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...nior-Bowl.html

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340211)

Lande said Wilson was awful today, others say he was ok, others say he was awesome etc.

Wilson called his team out, said they gave up, after they lost 52-0 to an SEC opponent...

What other games did he throw his team under the bus? I am honestly curious. I know he is competitive...but there is a difference between being competitive and being a "hot-head".

Chiefs Pantalones 01-21-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340220)
Wilson called his team out, said they gave up, after they lost 52-0 to an SEC opponent...

What other games did he throw his team under the bus? I am honestly curious. I know he is competitive...but there is a difference between being competitive and being a "hot-head".

I think he was being a sarcastic pants.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340211)

Ole Russe thinks we're going to draft Ryan Nassib 1st overall.

Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
2013 NFL Draft I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, but this time with the 1st overall pick to lead the Chiefs!

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340216)

"Day one of the Senior Bowl is always difficult on QBs as they try to gain chemistry with brand new receivers, so scouts will be paying particular attention to how he progresses throughout the week."

O.city 01-21-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

After a game in which he didn't even play in. He constantly belittles his offensive line and acts like a baby on the sideline.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340225)
Ole Russe thinks we're going to draft Ryan Nassib 1st overall.

Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE
2013 NFL Draft I think Andy Reid will draft another Syracuse QB, R. Nassib, but this time with the 1st overall pick to lead the Chiefs!

FML

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340228)
After a game in which he didn't even play in. He constantly belittles his offensive line and acts like a baby on the sideline.

Links or GTFO...

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

I have no problem with what Wilson did/reacted and I don't think the Rivers/Cutler comparisons are close at all.

I think this is a college kid who was anticipating a national title run and was shocked by their performance. It is a pretty shitty feeling and I don't fault Wilson at all.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-21-2013 08:37 PM

Wilson is the more NFL ready QB of Geno and him, IMO. They all need more coaching, but Geno has mechanical things he needs to work on. Wilson is a bit more polished right now but I wouldn't say no to either though. Coaching will do wonders and I'm glad we have Reid and Pederson to get whoever we draft moving along.

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340229)
FML

I'm probably the biggest Nassib supporter here but I have a hard time justifying him at #1 over Geno and Wilson. Over the others, certainly but damn. That's shocking to me.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340229)
FML

Lande is functionally reeruned so take it with a grain of salt.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:37 PM

First off, I was infact giving you Wilsonites shit. I like him alot as a prospect.

Second, Lande is a mouthbreathing moron.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340238)
I'm probably the biggest Nassib supporter here but I have a hard time justifying him at #1 over Geno and Wilson. Over the others, certainly but damn. That's shocking to me.

I just can't get on board with Nassib. He had to be throttled back and made a game manager for his team to be successful.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:39 PM

I don't blame Wilson at all for being in his blockers ears. They missed assignments all the time and nearly got him killed.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...371/tyler1.gif

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...377/tyler2.gif

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340216)

since there is no "Draft Zac Dysert" thread

Quote:

7. Zac Dysert, QB, Miami-Ohio (6027, 224 and 5.00 E): Of the quarterbacks on the North Squad, it was clear Dysert had the worst day of practice today. His footwork and release were not quick and he struggled to set-up and get rid of the ball fast. Additionally, he struggled with accuracy today and with his slow release, defenders were able to close fast to break-up and/or intercept his passes. Dysert needs to practice much better the next few days to avoid falling way down draft boards.

Reaper16 01-21-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9340237)
Geno has mechanical things he needs to work on.

Like what? (nobody answer for him)

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340243)
I just can't get on board with Nassib. He had to be throttled back and made a game manager for his team to be successful.

I keep hearing this but when I watch the film from his last 6 games, I still see a large quantity of throws down the field and several drives in "clutch" situations.

I like him a ton and have him as my 3rd best QB but there is no way I'm taking him above Geno unless Geno sucks ass in interviews IMO.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340246)
I don't blame Wilson at all for being in his blockers ears. They missed assignments all the time and nearly got him killed.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...371/tyler1.gif

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...377/tyler2.gif

Well, guess thats a knock on Wilson for not being able to move his line around. He's not very good in his pre snap reads.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340238)

I share the same love Sorter. I was very impressed with his Mizzou tape. But at #1? Yikes.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:42 PM

No no no...dont bring the Genobators here. He has enough threads...

O.city 01-21-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340251)
I keep hearing this but when I watch the film from his last 6 games, I still see a large quantity of throws down the field and several drives in "clutch" situations.

I like him a ton and have him as my 3rd best QB but there is no way I'm taking him above Geno unless Geno sucks ass in interviews IMO.

It was pretty well reported at the time, around the MU game I think, that they had to start running the ball alot taking it out of his hands.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340243)

He stares down receivers worse than Cassel imo. He also makes only one read 90% of the time. That's what I see when I watch his film. He would have to change and grow a lot to make it in the league imo. He has nice size and a nice arm but, I see some serious issues. I would take him in 4th on back as a project but that's about it. For the record, when i watch Dysert I see the exact same problem.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-21-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340254)

This

O.city 01-21-2013 08:43 PM

So RunKC you are ok with the face of your franchise berating other players when he gets hit?

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340255)
It was pretty well reported at the time, around the MU game I think, that they had to start running the ball alot taking it out of his hands.

Reported at the MU game but they started running consistently before. Additionally, I don't have a problem with that. I think A) He's got solid pocket presence/movement w/in the pocket and can extend plays B) Good accuracy in the short/int. parts of the field; needs to work on DF accuracy via footwork. You'll see occasional good throws 30 yds + but they are not common ala Geno/Wilson.

I think he's a 1st round pick this year and can be a solid pro QB but he's going to need solid coaching, a scheme that initally utilizes PA and and a short/int spread passing game, and ideally a power run-philosophy.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:47 PM

As for Wilson, I love his toughness. When was the last time we had a QB who was man enough to sit in the pocket like this kid and make good accurate passes down the field? Joe Montana?

Let's just say it would be a breathe of fresh air from seeing this shit.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/13...sel_medium.gif

O.city 01-21-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340262)
Reported at the MU game but they started running consistently before. Additionally, I don't have a problem with that. I think A) He's got solid pocket presence/movement w/in the pocket and can extend plays B) Good accuracy in the short/int. parts of the field; needs to work on DF accuracy via footwork. You'll see occasional good throws 30 yds + but they are not common ala Geno/Wilson.

I think he's a 1st round pick this year and can be a solid pro QB but he's going to need solid coaching, a scheme that initally utilizes PA and and a short/int spread passing game, and ideally a power run-philosophy.

AKA, the Bills.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340264)
As for Wilson, I love his toughness. When was the last time we had a QB who was man enough to sit in the pocket like this kid and make good accurate passes down the field? Joe Montana?

Let's just say it would be a breathe of fresh air from seeing this shit.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/13...sel_medium.gif

I like his toughness too, but in a situation like that, TBH, I want my franchise QB to not be getting his ass knocked off.

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340266)
AKA, the Bills.

Yup. AZ is a team that fits that to an extent.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340258)
So RunKC you are ok with the face of your franchise berating other players when he gets hit?

I don't believe he berated them O.city. At least I haven't heard of him doing this ? You are the Hog fan though.

I think Wilson brings accountability and leadership to his teams. I have no problem with the guy holding his team accountable for quitting.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:53 PM

I'd say it's a bit of a knock on Nassib if his own college coach isn't big on drafting him and drafts another QB instead.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:54 PM

Lotta excuses in this thread.

Sorter 01-21-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340278)
I'd say it's a bit of a knock on Nassib if his own college coach isn't big on drafting him and drafts another QB instead.

Unless he thinks Wilson/Geno are better (which I think most would agree with. One could even make an argument for Glennon which is moronic)

Reaper16 01-21-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340254)

Ignoring the hypocrisy here, I asked him to back up the statement because I think he's talking out of his ass. I would next, depending on his reply, introduce him to tweets like the one from NFLosophy that say Wilson needs most mechanical work out of him, Geno, and Barkely. Which would then become a discussion on what he sees that's polished about Wilson's game.

Not 'Genobating,' because I like Wilson too.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:57 PM

I really don't have a problem with what either of the top guys have done on and off the field.

In a highly contested big built game, Geno throws the horns down sign after a big play TD to the crowd. He's a 23 year old kid who's excited.

Wilson calls out his team for quitting in a game in which they did quit. Kudos.

I think too much is being made against either one (yeah, alot of the wilson part by me was just trolling, shame on me). They are in fact, college kids.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340282)

You claim to be a fan...but all you do is criticize his game.

Go hop on another bandwagon...

O.city 01-21-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9340284)
Unless he thinks Wilson/Geno are better (which I think most would agree with. One could even make an argument for Glennon which is moronic)

Well, I don't think Wilson or Geno will be available when the Bills are on the clock, so we shall see.

RunKC 01-21-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340282)

Lol I see what you're doing. There's a big difference between getting pissed at your team for quitting and being a prick to Texas recruits on the sideline during a game.

O.city 01-21-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340292)
You claim to be a fan...but all you do is criticize his game.

Go hop on another bandwagon...

So I have to be a homer to be a fan of a prospect? Isn't this what you guys criticize all the "Genobaters" for?

O.city 01-21-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340297)
Lol I see what you're doing. There's a big difference between getting pissed at your team for quitting and being a prick to Texas recruits on the sideline during a game.

He threw up a horns down sign. That upsets you this much?

Wilson got drunk on Dickson street and called the Hogs in front of some boosters. Would that bother you?

O.city 01-21-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340297)

And calling your team out for quitting in a game in which you didn't even play in? Yep, immature.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340298)
So I have to be a homer to be a fan of a prospect? Isn't this what you guys criticize all the "Genobaters" for?

Has nothing to do with Geno...has to do with you coming in and claiming to be a fan, and then just bash. You dont have to be homer. I have even said that none of these quarterbacks are #1 overall prospects...but would bet you have more negative posts in this thread than you do positive.

Does not sound like a fan...

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340304)
And calling your team out for quitting in a game in which you didn't even play in? Yep, immature.

That is way overblown imo. If you watch the interview, it's not that bad. He was the unquestioned leader of that team and they did play like dogshit.

NewChief 01-21-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340304)

I know you're just trolling, but you're taking that whole incident pretty far out of context.

That team was a ship without a rudder. Everyone was asking, demanding and begging for Wilson to step up and demonstrate "senior leadership" because the coaching staff was clearly not able to hold anybody accountable.

Did it work out? Hell no. But if the Hogs would have turned it around at that point, then everyone would be singing Wilson's praises for stepping up and demonstrating leadership. Sadly, we sucked much harder than anyone anticipated, so his "calling out" looks ineffectual at best and petulant at worst.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340308)
That is way overblown imo. If you watch the interview, it's not that bad. He was the unquestioned leader of that team and they did play like dogshit.

No shit.

52-0 against Bama...ya think he was a little fired up, and maybe frustrated he couldn't play in the game. He is competitive...52-0

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9340312)
I know you're just trolling, but you're taking that whole incident pretty far out of context.

That team was a ship without a rudder. Everyone was asking, demanding and begging for Wilson to step up and demonstrate "senior leadership" because the coaching staff was clearly not able to hold anybody accountable.

Did it work out? Hell no. But if the Hogs would have turned it around at that point, then everyone would be singing Wilson's praises for stepping up and demonstrating leadership. Sadly, we sucked much harder than anyone anticipated, so his "calling out" looks ineffectual at best and petulant at worst.

+Rep.

O.city 01-21-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9340307)
Has nothing to do with Geno...has to do with you coming in and claiming to be a fan, and then just bash. You dont have to be homer. I have even said that none of these quarterbacks are #1 overall prospects...but would bet you have more negative posts in this thread than you do positive.

Does not sound like a fan...

I'm a fan of his. I think Geno is better in some aspects, but I like what Wilson does as well. I'd be fine taking him first overall.

That said, I'm bringing up some negatives, not sure why thats a big deal?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

This.

It's getting to the level black bob.

O.city 01-21-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

So he had to be begged to become a leader?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-21-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340318)
I'm a fan of his. I think Geno is better in some aspects, but I like what Wilson does as well. I'd be fine taking him first overall.

That said, I'm bringing up some negatives, not sure why thats a big deal?

Probably the 5th positive thing you've said about Wilson in this thread.

Take off the sheep skin.

Fraud.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Yep, look what happened to New Orleans when they lost their rudder.