ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Derrick Johnson Is Not Derrick Thomas... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115074)

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 08:27 PM

Derrick Johnson Is Not Derrick Thomas...

...but I have a feeling King Carl and Gunther took Derrick II to bring back the leadership that Thomas provided the chefs when the chefs actually played defense.

Sorry to bum you all out, but Derrick Johnson is not gonna stop teams from running all over the chef's defense.

The chef's have made some nice moves to improve their defense (hell, any moves at all would be nice) but the chefs still have a mediocre to bad defensive line. Hicks, Simms, Jelly, Browning, Allen & company are not going to stop the run any better than they did last year. Khari Long is a mystery right now, so I won't comment on him.

Bell is a good LB, if he can stay healthy, and that is a big if. So, the chefs will probably start DJ at LOLB, Bell at MLB and Barber at ROLB, which is respectable, IF Bell stays healthy and Johnson makes the transition to the speed and power of the NFL without losing a step. LB depth is a problem with the chefs. Grigsby will help provide depth, but he is an ILB. To me, this says that the chef's are still concerned about Bell's health.

Surtain will certainly improve the chefs secondary, but he is the only change that will immediately make an impact. Hodge will provide depth for the chefs, and that's nice. If Hodge steps in immediately, its more a reflection of how crappy the chefs secondary is, rather than how good Hodge is.

Congrats on taking Derrick the Second. Too bad he's gonna get run over by Mike Anderson.

Rain Man 04-24-2005 08:28 PM

Do you think he can tackle Maurice Clarett?

ChiefsCountry 04-24-2005 08:29 PM

Denver fans should not talk any smack about drafting this year. They did worse than we normally do.

Saulbadguy 04-24-2005 08:29 PM

Lotsa IFS and BUTS. Nice try.

cdcox 04-24-2005 08:29 PM

I hope this made you feel better after that abortion of a draft.

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
Denver fans should not talk any smack about drafting this year. They did worse than we normally do.

I agree, the Broncos draft is dissappointing.

Spicy McHaggis 04-24-2005 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ
Grigsby will help provide depth, but he is an ILB. To me, this says that the chef's are still concerned about Bell's health.

To me this says the Chiefs saw a crazy white boy who would **** things up on special teams and took him with a 5th.

Bwana 04-24-2005 08:31 PM

As a donk fan, you should not be talking ANY smack. Need I remind you you ended up drafting a midget for a CB. ROFL

As far as Johnson, time will tell but I love the pick.

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Do you think he can tackle Maurice Clarett?

Clarrett is an enigma right now. He could be great, he could be a bum. We'll just have to wait and see.

ChiefsCountry 04-24-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Grigsby will help provide depth, but he is an ILB. To me, this says that the chef's are still concerned about Bell's health.

No, that is more saying that Kawika Mitchell sucks.

beer bacon 04-24-2005 08:32 PM

I am glad we have Denver homers here to point out to us that our defense will still suck. I am so naive for thinking Surtain, Bell, Knight, DJ, Hall, and possibly at some point Grigsby will make an impact.

Once again, your completely unbiased opinion really cares a lot of weight around here. You should e-mail the Chiefs office to make sure they know our defense will still suck.

Hammock Parties 04-24-2005 08:32 PM

You are a ****ing idiot.

Let me explain why.

The Chiefs run defense ranked 12th in the NFL last year. That was with CRAPPY LINEBACKERS. Now we have good ones. We also picked up a huge upgrade at strong safety, further improving the run D.

The problem with the KC D was the PASS DEFENSE. Surtain and Knight plus the pass rush of Johnson, Hall and Bell will help to improve that.

In conclusion, **** off.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION!

Tombstone RJ 04-24-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
I hope this made you feel better after that abortion of a draft.

I don't know if it was a complete abortion, maybe a partial abortion... yikes...

Mr. Kotter 04-24-2005 08:34 PM

Quote:

...but I have a feeling King Carl and Gunther took Derrick II to bring back the leadership that Thomas provided the chefs when the chefs actually played defense.

Sorry to bumb you all out, but Derrick Johnson is not gonna stop teams from running all over the chef's defense.

The chef's have made some nice moves to improve their defense (hell, any moves at all would be nice) but the chefs still have a mediocre to bad defensive line. Hicks, Simms, Jelly, Browning, Allen & company are not going to stop the run any better than they did last year. Khari Long is a mystery right now, so I won't comment on him.

Bell is a good LB, if he can stay healthy, and that is a big if. So, the chefs will probably start DJ at LOLB, Bell at MLB and Barber at ROLB, which is respectable, IF Bell stays healthy and Johnson makes the transition to the speed and power of the NFL without losing a step. LB depth is a problem with the chefs. Grigsby will help provide depth, but he is an ILB. To me, this says that the chef's are still concerned about Bell's health.

Surtain will certainly improve the chefs secondary, but he is the only change that will immediately make an impact. Hodge will provide depth for the chefs, and that's nice. If Hodge steps in immediately, its more a reflection of how crappy the chefs secondary is, rather than how good Hodge is.

Congrats on taking Derrick the Second. Too bad he's gonna get run over by Mike Anderson.

Are you really as big of a moron as your post suggests. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter 04-24-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Clarrett is an enigma right now. He could be great, he could be a bumb. We'll just have to wait and see.

No, you are a "bumb"...