ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geno Smith vs Alex Smith - It's on. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272597)

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9641414)
He won't be here 4 seasons...

I'm guessing he's extended after this year.

Can't have a lame duck QB.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641391)
I think you are fooling yourself.

Alex Smith is going to start a ton of games for this team the next four seasons.

I get that the Chiefs have a history of doing this. I don't buy for a second that our front office and coach are that bullheaded about Alex Smith. Apparently, they didn't like the options available in the 2013 draft and 31 other teams seemed to agree.

Fritz88 04-28-2013 03:17 PM

This what happened to your Sanchize, and this what will happen to your Geno

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/sanchez.gif

I think it's a cripple fight.

I'll give the edge to Alex if both last 5 years.

Rausch 04-28-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641419)

I think we'll draft one high over the next 2 years. The FO made it pretty clear they didn't think much at all about the QB's in this draft...

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9641437)
I think we'll draft one high over the next 2 years.

We won't.

Everything will be done to support Alex Smith now.

Next year we'll pick a WR in the first.

chiefzilla1501 04-28-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9641437)
I think we'll draft one high over the next 2 years. The FO made it pretty clear they didn't think much at all about the QB's in this draft...

And Dorsey's breakdown of Alex Smith is pretty spot on. So I agree... I think Dorsey/Reid know what they have in Alex Smith. I don't think there's delusions that he's an elite QB.

T-post Tom 04-28-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9641426)
I get that the Chiefs have a history of doing this. I don't buy for a second that our front office and coach are that bullheaded about Alex Smith. Apparently, they didn't like the options available in the 2013 draft and 31 other teams seemed to agree.

This.

ChiefGator 04-28-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641419)

You mean, before this year? I'm sure he'll be extended... to be a much better on the cap this year. Especially if we end up paying Albert.

RealSNR 04-28-2013 03:25 PM

Geno has his work cut out. Quite a task. However, I wanted to draft him at 1.1 with the knowledge that he'd have his work cut out in KC as well. He either is a winning QB or he's not. I wish our franchise would have been the one to find out.

I voted for Geno with that in mind, and because I have next to zero confidence that Alex Smith will be a world beater of any sort for us.

Saccopoo 04-28-2013 03:25 PM

People think that the Jets are a poorly run team, but they need to remember that their previous GM, Mike Tannebaum, was as bad at his job as Peeholi was and possibly even worse.

Tannebaum being fired will have the same positive impact on the Jets franchise as the firing of Pioli will for the Chiefs. His drafts were horrible, his free agent signings were tragic and he was a total buffoon in his daily running of the Jets franchise.

Their new GM Idzik just absolutely nailed this draft with six potential Day 1 starters.

I think that the Chiefs and Jets are sitting at the same position currently and it's a pretty even playing field for both Geno and Alex. I think Geno has substantially better tools in terms of being a true franchise QB and it will be interesting to see how both fare over the next five seasons where Alex Smith will be heading into his mid-30's and Geno will just be entering his prime.

I think that Alex Smith will win more initially, but Geno should start surpassing him by year three or four. It's going to be close, but in the end, I'd say Geno if Idzik continues to build the Jets through the draft as he did this year versus Reid/Dorsey building the Chiefs via free agency as they did this year.

DRU 04-28-2013 03:25 PM

I think it's interesting how so many here trash our franchise and our front office and how shitty we are, but when the Jets draft him it's, oh, well he wont' do well now cuz they suck and they have a shitty franchise. But you think he would have done well here even with our "shitty regime"..??

Which is it? Would he have done well here because we don't suck and we have a good franchise? Or would he have sucked here, too, just like you're saying he will with the Jets because we suck as a franchise..??

You gotta pick one. If we suck and our front office is shit then it wouldn't matter whether we picked Geno or not. He'd bust just like you're saying he will in NY (but with less media.) If we don't suck, then give our brand new regime a chance to work their plan.

The inconsistent opinions of players and teams around here is just laughable.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRU (Post 9641456)
But you think he would have done well here even with our "shitty regime"..??

If they had drafted Geno they would have instantly been a non shitty regime.

The main reason people think Geno won't do well in NY is the talent.

The Chiefs have more talent here.

BigMeatballDave 04-28-2013 03:29 PM

Geno isn't a Chief, so I really don't give a shit how many wins he gets.

Rasputin 04-28-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRU (Post 9641456)
I think it's interesting how so many here trash our franchise and our front office and how shitty we are, but when the Jets draft him it's, oh, well he wont' do well now cuz they suck and they have a shitty franchise. But you think he would have done well here even with our "shitty regime"..??

Which is it? Would he have done well here because we don't suck and we have a good franchise? Or would he have sucked here, too, just like you're saying he will with the Jets because we suck as a franchise..??

You gotta pick one. If we suck and our front office is shit then it wouldn't matter whether we picked Geno or not. He'd bust just like you're saying he will in NY (but with less media.) If we don't suck, then give our brand new regime a chance to work their plan.

The inconsistent opinions of players and teams around here is just laughable.

Are you kidding? Matt Cassel was the biggest problem for the Chiefs last year. As much as Mark Sanchez is a bad quarterback he had no one to throw the ball too and not even a good running game. Geno Smith is athletic enough to get by with some of the offensive flaws they have.

Yes Geno Smith would do better here or for a team that has players he can thow the ball too.

DRU 04-28-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9641463)
If they had drafted Geno they would have instantly been a non shitty regime.

The main reason people think Geno won't do well in NY is the talent.

The Chiefs have more talent here.

I don't see that logic. Seems like if we'd have drafted him 1.1 that would go against the opinion of every scout in the profession, yet that would made our regime instantly a great one..??