ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics New Apple Tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222464)

Gravedigger 03-03-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10465497)

Android should pass Apple. There's how many Android tablets from how many retailers? There's only one Apple Ipad.

htismaqe 03-04-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10465529)
Android should pass Apple. There's how many Android tablets from how many retailers? There's only one Apple Ipad.

You also have to count Kindle, which is selling very well and is technically an Android device.

Not to mention you can buy Android tablets for well under $100 now. They're flimsy pieces of garbage, but they exist.

Fish 03-04-2014 09:37 AM

Hey AustinChief? Ever going to make good on our tablet bet? You've yet to produce any data that says Apple was anywhere close to being under 15% of the market share. DaFace's article a few posts above even shows Apple at 36% last year. Are you ever going to concede that Apple hasn't been below 15% market share?

NewChief 03-04-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10465855)
Hey AustinChief? Ever going to make good on our tablet bet? You've yet to produce any data that says Apple was anywhere close to being under 15% of the market share. DaFace's article a few posts above even shows Apple at 36% last year. Are you ever going to concede that Apple hasn't been below 15% market share?

Don't hold your breath. You know he'll show up with a justification explaining how this latest just shows that he's even MORE right than he originally said. He should have been a lawyer. :D

Pitt Gorilla 03-04-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10465684)
You also have to count Kindle, which is selling very well and is technically an Android device.

Not to mention you can buy Android tablets for well under $100 now. They're flimsy pieces of garbage, but they exist.

My iPad 2 is still going strong. Someday, I'll probably upgrade, but it's difficult to justify it at this point.

htismaqe 03-04-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10466332)
My iPad 2 is still going strong. Someday, I'll probably upgrade, but it's difficult to justify it at this point.

Yeah, my iPad 2 is as good now as it was the day I got it, really. I can't complain.

But to illustrate my point, both of my girls have 10" Archos tablets which were like $125 each and so far, they've had zero issues in about a year.

NewChief 03-04-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10466353)
Yeah, my iPad 2 is as good now as it was the day I got it, really. I can't complain.

But to illustrate my point, both of my girls have 10" Archos tablets which were like $125 each and so far, they've had zero issues in about a year.

Yeah. My son's Kindle Fire HD performs like a champ as well (though there are issues with the Netflix app).

AustinChief 03-04-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10465855)

Not even close. I showed you the numbers (from a few years back) that showed that if you count the white label (mostly Chinese) tablets that Apple was below 35% back THEN. I can guarantee they are far below 17% (that was the bet I believe) now.. the question is whether they were or weren't when our bet concluded. The problem is that the only reliable source I know of for accurate numbers that include white label tablets makes you pay for the reports. Last I checked it was something like $1000 for the report we need.

DaFace's report is the same old nonsense that only counts branded tablets. No way I would make the bet if I couldn't include white label tablets.

Fish 03-04-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10466365)
Not even close. I showed you the numbers (from a few years back) that showed that if you count the white label (mostly Chinese) tablets that Apple was below 35% back THEN. I can guarantee they are far below 17% (that was the bet I believe) now.. the question is whether they were or weren't when our bet concluded. The problem is that the only reliable source I know of for accurate numbers that include white label tablets makes you pay for the reports. Last I checked it was something like $1000 for the report we need.

DaFace's report is the same old nonsense that only counts branded tablets. No way I would make the bet if I couldn't include white label tablets.

Come on man. Everyone here knows that Apple's iPad never went below 15% market share. It was well above when we made the bet, and you've shown nothing that shows it was ever anywhere close to being under.

Please post something that supports your stance or be a man and pay up. I've given you more than enough time.

AustinChief 03-04-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10466396)
Come on man. Everyone here knows that Apple's iPad never went below 15% market share. It was well above when we made the bet, and you've shown nothing that shows it was ever anywhere close to being under.

Please post something that supports your stance or be a man and pay up. I've given you more than enough time.

Dude don't pull that shit. You know the bet included the shadow market and YOU have yet to post numbers that show Apple above 15% in that regard. Do I need to go back through this thread and show where you agreed on all of this?

Apple shipped something like 74 million in 2013, I know that JUST WHITE LABEL shipments was over 100 million last year. (Hell China alone accounted for 91 million of that) The off the cuff math from that should place Apple right around the 17% range that I predicted.

Fish 03-04-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10466432)
Dude don't pull that shit. You know the bet included the shadow market and YOU have yet to post numbers that show Apple above 15% in that regard. Do I need to go back through this thread and show where you agreed on all of this?

Apple shipped something like 74 million in 2013, I know that JUST WHITE LABEL shipments was over 100 million last year. (Hell China alone accounted for 91 million of that) The off the cuff math from that should place Apple right around the 17% range that I predicted.

You lost the bet. Man up and put your money where your mouth was. Apple has never been under 15% tablet market share. There's not a single source anywhere that shows that it ever has. If you actually knew anything about JUST WHITE LABEL shipments, you'd post a link referencing those. But you don't have that because it doesn't exist. Your off the cuff math doesn't cut it. Gartner has a category classed as OTHER that covers other tablets.

It's time for you to man up and pay me.

AustinChief 03-04-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10466455)
You lost the bet. Man up and put your money where your mouth was. Apple has never been under 15% tablet market share. There's not a single source anywhere that shows that it ever has. If you actually knew anything about JUST WHITE LABEL shipments, you'd post a link referencing those. But you don't have that because it doesn't exist. Your off the cuff math doesn't cut it. Gartner has a category classed as OTHER that covers other tablets.

It's time for you to man up and pay me.

Digitimes listed 90.4 million white label shipments from China in 2013 unfortunately that figure comes from articles referencing the numbers... feel free to pay $2500 for access to the actual data.

So **** YOU for calling me a liar and saying it doesn't exist you piece of shit.

I am not passing my off the cuff math as any kind of proof of anything other than the fact that using reports that only count brand name tablets is not sufficient. I've been clear about this throughout the thread.

Fish 03-04-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 10466487)
Digitimes listed 90.4 million white label shipments from China in 2013 unfortunately that figure comes from articles referencing the numbers... feel free to pay $2500 for access to the actual data.

So **** YOU for calling me a liar and saying it doesn't exist you piece of shit.

I am not passing my off the cuff math as any kind of proof of anything other than the fact that using reports that only count brand name tablets is not sufficient. I've been clear about this throughout the thread.

If it exists, then put forth some proof. I've given you way over a year after our bet to put forth any kind of proof, and that was after extending the end date of the bet already. You've yet to put forth anything other than unreferenced claims. Either prove that Apple's market share dipped below 15% or pay your bet. It's that simple.

BlackHelicopters 03-04-2014 02:30 PM

The suspense is killing us.

AustinChief 03-04-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10466518)
If it exists, then put forth some proof. I've given you way over a year after our bet to put forth any kind of proof, and that was after extending the end date of the bet already. You've yet to put forth anything other than unreferenced claims. Either prove that Apple's market share dipped below 15% or pay your bet. It's that simple.

I LOVE how you think you can call me a liar and then just move on. That's a dirtbag move on your part and you know it. Care to retract that?

As for burden of proof.. why is it on ME? You have yet to show any number that include white label shipments. So why don't YOU show some proof?

I'll have no problem if you can show the data that includes white label shipments. (not just China but India, Malaysia and Korea.. Korea may be included in Digitimes data but I'm fairly certain India is not, no clue on Malaysia)