ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daboll installing the 2010 Browns Offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259775)

themanwithnoname 05-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8631680)
I could be wrong (likely), but i thought it was supposed to be a west coast style offense, lots of short passes. I remember hearing that when they were first talking about starting Colt McCoy in his rookie year.

I think that plays to Cassel's (very limited) strengths. In fact, if they do a good job calling plays and picking the player for Cassel to go to, I think they could do a lot better as it should get the ball out of Cassel's hands and to the playmakers quicker and he shouldn't have to think much about progressions. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that Cassel will keep up his mediocre play (and in fact, I kinda hate it as anything that helps to hide Cassel's ineptitude is just going to screw this team over as they'll be able to keep trotting him out there).

I'm still iffy on Daboll. I'm not enthused, but I can't see how it can get worse than what they trotted out last year (and plenty of times in 2010). I'm not sure if Haley is even a good OC, as I think Arizona can be explained with Kurt Warner + Boldin + Fitzgerald = success.

Actually, I am a little enthusiastic about Daboll, mainly for his rep for what he did to McCoy. Cassel has been coddled far too much. Hell, maybe Pioli will even listen to Daboll if he says Cassel just can't cut it (although I'm not expecting him to, if he didn't listen to Charlie Weis who supposedly felt that way). Or maybe we'll see an epic mutiny of the coaches against Pioli or something.

King_Chief_Fan 05-22-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8631609)
Running back Peyton Hillis on what offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, his former coach in Cleveland, brings to the Chiefs and his smooth transition to a similar offense:

“It was good coming in and already knowing the playbook. When you know what you’re doing, you’re faster when you do it. He (Daboll) knows how to create mismatches for me out of the backfield, and then at the receiver spot. He’s really good with the quarterbacks too. It’s been pretty laid back for me, just helping the guys get to know the playbook and get things going. It’s good for me, and it’s good for the other teammates in the room with me because I can help them out.”

maybe it will do better than that 13 point a game average in 2011.

Fritz88 05-22-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8631663)
and that's the problem right there.^

Hes got heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher 05-22-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8631751)
Hes got heart.
Posted via Mobile Device

i agree he has Heart but no Arm, no Accuracy and cant read a defense wort a ****.

Coogs 05-22-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themanwithnoname (Post 8631747)
I think that plays to Cassel's (very limited) strengths. In fact, if they do a good job calling plays and picking the player for Cassel to go to, I think they could do a lot better as it should get the ball out of Cassel's hands and to the playmakers quicker and he shouldn't have to think much about progressions. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that Cassel will keep up his mediocre play (and in fact, I kinda hate it as anything that helps to hide Cassel's ineptitude is just going to screw this team over as they'll be able to keep trotting him out there).

I'm still iffy on Daboll. I'm not enthused, but I can't see how it can get worse than what they trotted out last year (and plenty of times in 2010). I'm not sure if Haley is even a good OC, as I think Arizona can be explained with Kurt Warner + Boldin + Fitzgerald = success.

Actually, I am a little enthusiastic about Daboll, mainly for his rep for what he did to McCoy. Cassel has been coddled far too much. Hell, maybe Pioli will even listen to Daboll if he says Cassel just can't cut it (although I'm not expecting him to, if he didn't listen to Charlie Weis who supposedly felt that way). Or maybe we'll see an epic mutiny of the coaches against Pioli or something.

This is where you have to hope that Stanzi or Quinn... maybe even both... show much more in the preseason games than Cassel does. That will cause pressure for Crennel to make a change if Cassel comes out of the gate slow in the regular season games... which could happen.

And if those two can not put any pressure on Cassel, we will likely be right in the middle of the QB derby next April on day 1 of the draft.

Demonpenz 05-22-2012 11:00 AM

Short passes and run the ball. This defense is going to win us some games like they did in the 90's

Ace Gunner 05-22-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8631663)
and that's the problem right there.^

yep. most of the time, but there are 9 others that slack too.

it is amazing the chiefs have been running the parcells/belichick system and don't do shit with it. that is shit players, the offense is well proven.

boogblaster 05-22-2012 11:24 AM

marty ball .....

Okie_Apparition 05-22-2012 11:30 AM

So it's been time tested against the Steeler/Ravens/Bengal Ds
The AFC West Ds are cake

Thig Lyfe 05-22-2012 11:31 AM

THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF

Titty Meat 05-22-2012 11:33 AM

What a ****ing joke.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-22-2012 11:38 AM

I'd imagine the only way that shit offense was scoring points was on Madden Rookie mode.

Miami had a pretty good O the 2nd half of the year last year. Bush finally showing up and B-Marsh can make quite a bit of difference. He'll have even more pieces in KC.

BigMeatballDave 05-22-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8631872)
What a ****ing joke.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IJ_R-G_i4Xk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ming the Merciless 05-22-2012 11:44 AM

I thot we want chunks of yards.....

why we do

**** it ...i'm gonna smoke daboll to kill dapain....

vailpass 05-22-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8631703)
As a Chiefs fan, I'm excited about the new direction our team is headed. We tried to model ourselves after the Patriots and fell a bit short, I think trying to model ourselves after the Browns is a goal that we can realistically attain.

LMAO