ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Super Bowl Eats - What Are You Culinary Artisans Doing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313570)

Easy 6 01-30-2018 02:51 PM

Super Bowl Eats - What Are You Culinary Artisans Doing?

I'm wanting to keep it pretty simple, with only one dish that requires any real work, so its looking like...

Your standard queso blanco with ro-tel dip and chips

Batch of buffalo wings

With the main course being pork & shrimp eggrolls, which are quite a bit of work just by themselves... havent made them in at least 10 years, but depending on what you guys are doing I'd consider changing my mind on them

But the main idea is doing something I've either never made, or havent made in a long time

So whatcha doing, gents?

TimBone 01-30-2018 03:22 PM

Easy, if you're doing a rotel cheese dip, you should do the one Pablo posted last year. Let me see if I can dig it up.

As for myself, I'll be at work. Hopefully it's a slow Sunday night, so we can watch the game. I'm gonna smoke/sous vide brisket, and the other two fellas will bring some sides.

Edit: I don't have Pablo's recipe saved on my phone. Hopefully he sees this and can post it. Shit is bomb, and fairly easy to make.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13388990)
Easy, if you're doing a total cheese dip, you should do the one Pablo posted last year. Let me see if I can dig it up.

As for myself, I'll be at work. Hopefully it's a slow Sunday night, so we can watch the game. I'm gonna smoke/sous vide brisket, and the other two fellas will bring some sides.

Edit: I don't have Pablo's recipe saved on my phone. Hopefully he sees this and can post it. Shit is bomb, and fairly easy to make.

Would love to see it, I believe his has sausage in it iirc...

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 03:55 PM

Sitting at a bar/ brewery, partaking of the hors doeuvres and taking my first smoke/ Sous Vide/ smoke butt roast to share. I may not get a bark, but for pulled pork I know it will be good.

...and taking the community drunk bus home.

tooge 01-30-2018 03:55 PM

Easy, I'm sorta with you on this. I want to do something different but not something that takes all damn day. I do bacon wrapped venison chunks with a jalapeno slice and a water chestnut slice. But that's more of an appetizer. Chili is always good but I've been making it all winter since deer season.

I'm also looking for ideas

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13389059)
Easy, I'm sorta with you on this. I want to do something different but not something that takes all damn day. I do bacon wrapped venison chunks with a jalapeno slice and a water chestnut slice. But that's more of an appetizer. Chili is always good but I've been making it all winter since deer season.

That does sound good, so does the rotel....

Stuff with cream cheese and ghost peppers and smokem. These were made with precooked sausage.

https://s26.postimg.org/790qnphsp/unnamed.jpg

Dayze 01-30-2018 04:25 PM

usually we just do up a proper plate of nachos.
get some beef or chicken, refried beans, cheese, pico, jelepenos etc....build a pile up however you like on some foill on cookie sheet, then stick it under a broiler for a little bit to warm it up; then slide the foil and nachos off onto a plate.

pretty easy, and you can get a bunch of different ingredients that don't take much - if any - prep.

loochy 01-30-2018 04:27 PM

cheetos
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 01-30-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13389058)
Sitting at a bar/ brewery, partaking of the hors doeuvres and taking my first smoke/ Sous Vide/ smoke butt roast to share. I may not get a bark, but for pulled pork I know it will be good.

...and taking the community drunk bus home.

Yeah theres always the bar option, let someone else do the cooking... but I usually shy away from bars for events like this, wanna hear the dang game

Good call on the drunk bus though, we have the same deal here... its dirt cheap and very smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13389059)

The water chestnut sounds like a cool twist to add in, put a little crunch in each bite... but yeah, who wants to spend all day outside at the grill or hovering over the stove

The pregame shows are usually as, or even more, interesting than the game itself

If I stick with egg rolls they'll be done up saturday night, tightly wrapped and thrown in the fridge so all I gotta do is fry them sunday

They're pretty damn good, not the standard jobbers from the chinese joint... at least half pork and shrimp, with the rest being cabbage, celery, carrot, super fine minced ginger, soy and a dash of sesame oil

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13389088)
usually we just do up a proper plate of nachos.
get some beef or chicken, refried beans, cheese, pico, jelepenos etc....build a pile up however you like on some foill on cookie sheet, then stick it under a broiler for a little bit to warm it up; then slide the foil and nachos off onto a plate.

pretty easy, and you can get a bunch of different ingredients that don't take much - if any - prep.

You got me thinking here... that could eliminate the wings AND queso dip in one fell swoop with some nachos

Just do up a little taco meat with no grease to dick with, chop a few veggies and melt some cheese on the stove :hmmm:

BlackHelicopters 01-30-2018 04:41 PM

Spaghetti with little hot dogs cut up in it.

In58men 01-30-2018 04:43 PM

Smoking 6 racks of pork ribs

Little smokies with bbq sauce

Costco made meatballs

Chips & dip.

Pub Mix

Indian Chief 01-30-2018 04:46 PM

Buffalo chicken pull-apart bread. I made it on Christmas Eve for the first time and we all thought it would be a great addition to a football party.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 13389112)
Spaghetti with little hot dogs cut up in it.

LOL liar, you're strange bird... wonder what its like being one of your dental patients :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13389115)
Smoking 6 racks of pork ribs

Little smokies with bbq sauce

Costco made meatballs

Chips & dip.

Pub Mix

Solid, keeping it pretty simple... let the meat smoke, and warm up a few smokies and meatballs

Easy 6 01-30-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13389119)
Buffalo chicken pull-apart bread. I made it on Christmas Eve for the first time and we all thought it would be a great addition to a football party.

Sounds quite unique, how does that work?

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13389119)

Pulled pork an option here?

Nzoner 01-30-2018 05:09 PM

Hosting a party so far I know we have

Lil Smokie Pigs In The Blanket
Seasoned meatballs
Crock Pot Wings
Baked Spaghetti

Baby Lee 01-30-2018 05:16 PM

One of the great things about our SB circle is that one of the guys who attends actually RUNS a culinary school.

We've always had tons of food on hand, but for the past 10 years or so since he started attending, he also brings along 'something he whipped/dreamed up'

Easy 6 01-30-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13389144)

Seasoned meatballs
Crock Pot Wings
Baked Spaghetti

Cant go wrong with the classics

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13389154)
One of the great things about our SB circle is that one of the guys who attends actually RUNS a culinary school.

We've always had tons of food on hand, but for the past 10 years or so since he started attending, he also brings along 'something he whipped/dreamed up'

Whats your favorite of his recent concoctions?

Zebedee DuBois 01-30-2018 06:27 PM

I'm just not generating any enthusiasm for the game.....so I'll be happy with a bag of 'scoops' and a jar of Pace.

hometeam 01-30-2018 06:31 PM

chorizo and cheese stuffed jalepenos, my buddies always cry if i dont bring em

Graystoke 01-30-2018 06:36 PM

I am going to eat a bunch of Corn Beef Hash & eggs until I throw up. Collect the vomit, add cheese, microwave till hot and serve it to the first Patriot fan I see.

loochy 01-30-2018 06:46 PM

A quail egg omelet topped with caviar, grey poupon, and the finest French truffle oil available. /firemeboy

Easy 6 01-30-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 13389229)
I'm just not generating any enthusiasm for the game.....so I'll be happy with a bag of 'scoops' and a jar of Pace.

Its a hard pill to swallow no doubt, but...

a) Pederson and particularly Foles and the career arc he has taken, make the Eagles pretty easy for me to root for... their scumbag local fans notwithstanding

b) Please man, cant someone just stop the Patriots? Its become a sick joke for NFL fans around the world

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 13389234)
chorizo and cheese stuffed jalepenos, my buddies always cry if i dont bring em

You filthy car salesmen dont deserve squat, other than maybe some moldy canned biscuits dipped in dogshit!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 13389240)
I am going to eat a bunch of Corn Beef Hash & eggs until I throw up. Collect the vomit, add cheese, microwave till hot and serve it to the first Patriot fan I see.

:bravo:

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 06:52 PM

Used to have a Community Culinary campus that ran 2 restaurants one a "Starbuck"s" kinda joint and the other served 5 course lunches and special dinners once a month. It was impossible to get a chair no less a table. That's all changed for causal ethnic food.

Those people used to cater our SB gathering at a local pub and it was an event to be remembered. 2 pool tables full of food. Wish I could be there this year.

I'm in this pic, I am the good looking one.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fKA6oYUU4a...e+Peach-30.jpg

http://www.munciejournal.com/wp-cont..._o-911x683.jpg

Easy 6 01-30-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13389251)
A quail egg omelet topped with caviar, grey poupon, and the finest French truffle oil available. /firemeboy

But those truffles were rooted out and eaten out by wild, free range hogs... then crapped out, thus producing a superior truffle to the garbage you derelicts call 'truffles'

Easy 6 01-30-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13389256)
Used to have a Community Culinary campus that ran 2 restraunts one a "Starbucks" joint and the other served 5 course lunches and special dinners once a month. It was impossible to get a chair no less a table.

Those people used to cater our SB gathering at a local pub and it was an event to be remembered. 2 pool tables full of food.

I'm in this pic, I am the good looking one.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fKA6oYUU4a...e+Peach-30.jpg

http://www.munciejournal.com/wp-cont..._o-911x683.jpg

The scruffy skeleton in red?

Over Yonder 01-30-2018 06:58 PM

Unless I missed it, nobody does a good old fashioned cheese ball? It's our staple around here when people gather for a big football game.

The wife usually makes one with nuts, and one without (insert funny joke LOL ) The rotel dip, lil smokies, venison summer sausage, or anything else varies year to year, but the cheese ball is a staple :usa:

Baby Lee 01-30-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13389169)
Whats your favorite of his recent concoctions?

A couple years ago he took the usual idea of jalapeno poppers, and instead of just stuffing them with cream cheese he made an artichoke and cream cheese with spices to stuff them. Then he wrapped the japapeno with thick pepper bacon, and had a habanero jelly on the side to dip in.

One time he had a 'southern baklava' with molasses and pecans instead of honey and walnuts. With vanilla bean gelato to go with.

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13389265)
The scruffy skeleton in red?

No

I added a pic, just wouldn't take, but funny. I would have gone with the preggo bitch with 2 beers if I got to guess.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over Yonder (Post 13389267)
Unless I missed it, nobody does a good old fashioned cheese ball? It's our staple around here when people gather for a big football game.

The wife usually makes one with nuts, and one without (insert funny joke LOL ) The rotel dip, lil smokies, venison summer sausage, or anything else varies year to year, but the cheese ball is a staple :usa:

I never do the cheeseball, but its only because Ma always does her lame minced beef version (buddig sliced beef lol) with cream cheese, scallions and whatever else... all I can ever taste is a bunch of cream cheese and onions

But tell your honey we all love it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13389270)
A couple years ago he took the usual idea of jalapeno poppers, and instead of just stuffing them with cream cheese he made an artichoke and cream cheese with spices to stuff them. Then he wrapped the japapeno with thick pepper bacon, and had a habanero jelly on the side to dip in.

One time he had a 'southern baklava' with molasses and pecans instead of honey and walnuts. With vanilla bean gelato to go with.

Rarely ever like bitter pecans, but in certain recipes like you just described... I'd kill it

KCUnited 01-30-2018 07:32 PM

Wagyu stuffed poppers.

Baby Lee 01-30-2018 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13389285)
Rarely ever like bitter pecans, but in certain recipes like you just described... I'd kill it

It was like little wedges of pecan pie, only with phyllo instead of pie crust.

SAUTO 01-30-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13389303)
Wagyu stuffed poppers.

Im having reerun fly me in some Kobe

KChiefs1 01-30-2018 07:39 PM

Beef stew

KCUnited 01-30-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13389310)

A Kobe stroganoff sounds amazing.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13389303)
Wagyu stuffed poppers.

LMAO... oh yeah, well I'm sprinkling truffle oil on oven baked french fries

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13389310)

If anyone can pull that off, its him

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13389319)
Beef stew

Nothing wrong with easy simplicity to eat during the Patriots coronation

sd4chiefs 01-30-2018 07:47 PM

I'm going to have antifreeze dip and chips because I can not face another Patriots super bowl win.

KCUnited 01-30-2018 07:50 PM

A new cheese dip is on my radar so hopefully Pablo sees this thread and posts his recipe.

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13389337)

If anyone can pull that off, its him

It's hard to deal with Park City, All those people with shit eating grins...

Easy 6 01-30-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13389307)
It was like little wedges of pecan pie, only with phyllo instead of pie crust.

My vivid imagination can totally imagine that with a light and flaky crust... before what you described here, I could dig into a very well made pecan pie and thats about it

But the molasses, pecans, crust and whatever else is surely outstanding

Same deal on his poppers, those were no doubt awesome

Buzz 01-30-2018 07:58 PM

Glazed toast and peas.

Pablo 01-30-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13388990)
Easy, if you're doing a rotel cheese dip, you should do the one Pablo posted last year. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Saute half a yellow onion, one jalapeno, couple cloves of garlic. Let them soften, then brown a lb. of breakfast sausage. Put in the crockpot. Follow with two cans rotel, one can cream of mushroom soup. Follow with 1 lb. Velveeta and one package of cream cheese.

Pablo 01-30-2018 08:21 PM

That shit sits in your gut all day but it's pretty tasty.

Baby Lee 01-30-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over Yonder (Post 13389267)
Unless I missed it, nobody does a good old fashioned cheese ball?

By which of course you mean 'rye bread and dill dip?'

http://themerrythought.com/wp-conten...rrythought.jpg

We've had at least one every SB for 25 years.

SAUTO 01-30-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 13389362)
peas.

:cuss:

Buzz 01-30-2018 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13389470)
:cuss:

Got it, subbing lima beans for you and Easy.

Buzz 01-30-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13389144)

Seasoned meatballs
Crock Pot Wings
Baked Spaghetti

Crock pot wings? I may try that.

TimBone 01-30-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13389003)
Would love to see it, I believe his has sausage in it iirc...

It does. Has sausage, cream cheese, and a bunch of other good shit. It's a gut bomb, but it's good.

Indian Chief 01-30-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13389127)
Sounds quite unique, how does that work?

Pretty simple. Make some shredded buffalo chicken. I'll actually make it ahead of time, probably Thursday. Then you'll layer it on top of pizza dough along with some cheese. You stack it and place it into a loaf pan and bake.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OyfinABqSkQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13389137)
Pulled pork an option here?

Definitely. As shown above, the base is just pizza dough. I've thought about doing a cheesesteak version as well.

Come to think of it, I could have gotten creative and done a cheesesteak version and a lobster roll version for Sunday. But alas, I'm too lazy to rethink my menu now.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13389630)
Pretty simple. Make some shredded buffalo chicken. I'll actually make it ahead of time, probably Thursday. Then you'll layer it on top of pizza dough along with some cheese. You stack it and place it into a loaf pan and bake.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OyfinABqSkQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Definitely. As shown above, the base is just pizza dough. I've thought about doing a cheesesteak version as well.

Come to think of it, I could have gotten creative and done a cheesesteak version and a lobster roll version for Sunday. But alas, I'm too lazy to rethink my menu now.

Thats a thread winner, torpedoes be damned... innovative and incredible looking

MahiMike 01-30-2018 09:29 PM

Cigars, whiskey and tears.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13389433)
Saute half a yellow onion, one jalapeno, couple cloves of garlic. Let them soften, then brown a lb. of breakfast sausage. Put in the crockpot. Follow with two cans rotel, one can cream of mushroom soup. Follow with 1 lb. Velveeta and one package of cream cheese.

Its gotta be the mushroom soup that sets it apart

Pretty sure you and Dayze got me thinking crazy cheese sauce on some nachos

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13390384)

Mmmm Toss in some ghost pepper? Habs at least, and I'd be down for that.

Buzz 01-31-2018 09:20 PM

I'm making pizza and cheese dip, the neighbor is making wings. Should be plenty of food for these drunks.

SuperBowl4 01-31-2018 09:34 PM

escargot and rumaki 4 pregame then KC kobe beef with mashed potatoes and kale salad for the game pistachio ice cream for desert all mixed with many glasses of JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY on the rocks with Dr. Pepper.

BucEyedPea 01-31-2018 11:36 PM

Doing two pizzas. One with the works (sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and the other with lots of veggies ( sweet vidalia onions and spinach or maybe zucchini and red peppers). Beer.

Help me with something sweet—that's not starchy since pizza is starchy.

cooper barrett 02-01-2018 01:17 AM

Jack Danial's cake is always a winner.

Why Not? 02-01-2018 07:18 AM

Gonna be in Vegas. Not sure what we'll eat yet but it'll be good and there will be plenty of it

Dayze 02-01-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13390384)

:hmmm:

yeah....that cheese dip/sauce Pablo posted sounds like a good 'sauce' to use for some proper nachos.
:hmmm:

Buehler445 02-01-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13394130)
Doing two pizzas. One with the works (sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and the other with lots of veggies ( sweet vidalia onions and spinach or maybe zucchini and red peppers). Beer.

Help me with something sweet—that's not starchy since pizza is starchy.

Tiramisu.

My guy in Sidney used to make it for office events. I’m sure you’re good for it.

Buehler445 02-01-2018 10:07 AM

Easy - I recently made some chicken tacos. Butterfly chicken breasts, salt, pepper, grill to Like 140, rest it then cut into however big you want and simmer in the seasoning. I drain the excess off.

I use this.

https://www.spiceplace.com/images/to...asoning_lg.gif

Not greasy. A little lighter and healthier and tastes good. If you’re looking for something different and easy it is pretty solid. I’m sure there is better ways to get better chicken tacos. But this is solid and easy. Just make sure you butterfly them Well so they grill evenly.

Fish 02-01-2018 10:10 AM

Wooo!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3LEse1ZUusg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tooge 02-01-2018 10:10 AM

Ok, I'm not gonna post the recipe, but it's easy enough to go to Youtube and get it. It's Emeril's Sausage Pot. I've done it at tailgates and it's a huge hit.
Basically a mix of several different types of sausages, onions, cabbage, saurkraut, and good medium to dark beer, all combined in a large pot, cooked, then served in a good sourdough bowl. Pretty damned good but makes you fart like a beast.

tooge 02-01-2018 10:21 AM

Ok, here it is. Basically, cook the bacon and onions, then add all the other shit. It's amazing. Particularly if you like german type eats. This feeds like 15 people

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
2 (1-inch thick and 5-inch long) bacon pieces, large diced
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Creole mustard
2 12-ounce bottles Turbo Dog beer
5 hot dogs
5 pounds assorted sausage
2 pounds sauerkraut
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
Cracklinís
Green onions
Creole seasoning
DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, add olive oil. Add sliced onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until bacon begins to render and onions are beginning to caramelize. Add the Creole mustard and the beer. Stir. Add half of the sausage. A

Easy 6 02-01-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13390879)
Mmmm Toss in some ghost pepper? Habs at least, and I'd be down for that.

Jalapeno is about as hot as I care for, too much heat and I can hardly taste the food

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13394552)
Tiramisu.

My guy in Sidney used to make it for office events. I’m sure you’re good for it.

Thats a PERFECT suggestion to go along with her Italian theme :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13394572)
Wooo!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3LEse1ZUusg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HAHAHAAA you gotta be kidding me... particularly enjoyed the wife doing meditation with a waist full of chips and dip

Reerun_KC 02-01-2018 10:30 AM

We’re making homemade lasagna on Saturday when the kids and granddaughter are here. Sunday my son and I are working on putting up a new barn.

Aints got time for the Super Bowl

Easy 6 02-01-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13394606)
We’re making homemade lasagna on Saturday when the kids and granddaughter are here. Sunday my son and I are working on putting up a new barn.

Aints got time for the Super Bowl

Now thats dedication

chiefzilla1501 02-01-2018 02:01 PM

Gonna make philly cheese steaks bites in crescent rolls. Because **** the pats

Either that, or foot long hot dogs. Go nick Foles.

Easy 6 02-01-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13395073)
Gonna make philly cheese steaks bites in crescent rolls. Because **** the pats

Either that, or foot long hot dogs. Go nick Foles.

Those sound interdasting...

I sure hope the moment isnt too big for Ol' Nick

Baby Lee 02-01-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13394552)
Tiramisu.

Tiramisu might be one of the oldest running jokes in my circle of friends that started the SB party way back when.

Back in 94-95 or so, we went over to one of the guys' mother's house to do some upkeep and yardwork for her.

She made dinner for after, and dessert was a really rich tiramisu. Between the yard work and the tiramisu, I ended up passing out in front the TV for like 3-4 hours. They say they couldn't rouse me to save their lives.

So now, at some point when we're talking at social events, if she brought any food for the event, his mom will make a quip about 'watch out for the tiramisu' she made so they could drug me and rob me blind/put me on a slow boat to China/etc.

Baby Lee 02-01-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13394572)
Wooo!

Really not one for sour cream based dips anymore [especially since 99% of it is ranch or french onion, which I could give a shit about], but I'm glad Helluvagood exists because they're one of the few who still make Bacon Horseradish.

Once every few months or so, I get a real craving for Bacon Horseradish dip with kettle chips.

Easy 6 02-01-2018 03:00 PM

Sticking with my megaloaded eggrolls, but Dayze talked me into swapping out the wings for some loaded up nachos... now its just a matter of deciding on the booze

Thinking about switching to rum from my usual vodka, and am gonna consult the 50 beers before you die thread for a good idea on a brews

Iowanian 02-01-2018 03:09 PM

I don't need to eat fancy food to enjoy a party.

My buddy has been to Canada this fall and ice fishing this winter and is frying fish, slaw and related fair...I'm bringing smoked deer balogna and the basic store bought cheese that comes in blocks. We'll have both kinds...Colby and sharp cheddar.

Put that in your pinterest and smoke it.

ptlyon 02-01-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13395259)

My buddy has been to Canada this fall and ice fishing this winter and is frying fish, slaw and related fair...I'm bringing smoked deer balogna and the basic store bought cheese that comes in blocks. We'll have both kinds...Colby and sharp cheddar.

We are doing the same for Daytona from a fall trip to leech lake. If we have good weather that is.

And don't skimp on the cheese. Cracker barrel baby.

Baby Lee 02-01-2018 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found an old picture from a SB past. That's the 'main course section' brisket, chicken, turkey, pork, beans and cheesy potatoes.

Behind my buddy is the salad/dip section about the same size [though the salad section 'really' starts with the mandatory 'big bowl of greek salad' at the corner of the island there with the tongs in it]. Then there's a cookie/dessert section. Finally a liquor table.

Beers/sodas go in coolers out on the deck.

Serious bidness.

Easy 6 02-01-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13395259)

Not a damn thing wrong with that, a good fish fry hits the spot on ANY occasion

Iowanian 02-01-2018 03:40 PM

In reality, we're all serving the same thing.

Diabeeetus!
https://eyesofanovelty.files.wordpre...ldiabeetus.jpg

vailpass 02-02-2018 10:44 AM

Amazon Treasure Truck had a slider assortment deal today, just ordered it.

Wagyu patties, ground chuck and bacon patties, chicken sliders.
To be safe though I'll be soaking brats in beer and onions and get my son to make his deviled eggs.

Should be enough gas passed in the second half to cause a panic, good thing we'll be outside.

Easy 6 02-02-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13396369)
Amazon Treasure Truck had a slider assortment deal today, just ordered it.

Wagyu patties, ground chuck and bacon patties, chicken sliders.
To be safe though I'll be soaking brats in beer and onions and get my son to make his deviled eggs.

Should be enough gas passed in the second half to cause a panic, good thing we'll be outside.

Sounds solid, especially the beer brats with onion... you can never go wrong with that

Easy 6 02-02-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13394582)
Ok, here it is. Basically, cook the bacon and onions, then add all the other shit. It's amazing. Particularly if you like german type eats. This feeds like 15 people

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
2 (1-inch thick and 5-inch long) bacon pieces, large diced
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Creole mustard
2 12-ounce bottles Turbo Dog beer
5 hot dogs
5 pounds assorted sausage
2 pounds sauerkraut
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
Cracklinís
Green onions
Creole seasoning
DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, add olive oil. Add sliced onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until bacon begins to render and onions are beginning to caramelize. Add the Creole mustard and the beer. Stir. Add half of the sausage. A

While it wont be sunday, this is firmly on the radar for some point in the near future