ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Super Bowl Eats - What Are You Culinary Artisans Doing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313570)

Buehler445 02-01-2018 10:07 AM

Easy - I recently made some chicken tacos. Butterfly chicken breasts, salt, pepper, grill to Like 140, rest it then cut into however big you want and simmer in the seasoning. I drain the excess off.

I use this.

https://www.spiceplace.com/images/to...asoning_lg.gif

Not greasy. A little lighter and healthier and tastes good. If you’re looking for something different and easy it is pretty solid. I’m sure there is better ways to get better chicken tacos. But this is solid and easy. Just make sure you butterfly them Well so they grill evenly.

Fish 02-01-2018 10:10 AM

Wooo!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3LEse1ZUusg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tooge 02-01-2018 10:10 AM

Ok, I'm not gonna post the recipe, but it's easy enough to go to Youtube and get it. It's Emeril's Sausage Pot. I've done it at tailgates and it's a huge hit.
Basically a mix of several different types of sausages, onions, cabbage, saurkraut, and good medium to dark beer, all combined in a large pot, cooked, then served in a good sourdough bowl. Pretty damned good but makes you fart like a beast.

tooge 02-01-2018 10:21 AM

Ok, here it is. Basically, cook the bacon and onions, then add all the other shit. It's amazing. Particularly if you like german type eats. This feeds like 15 people

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions, sliced
2 (1-inch thick and 5-inch long) bacon pieces, large diced
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Creole mustard
2 12-ounce bottles Turbo Dog beer
5 hot dogs
5 pounds assorted sausage
2 pounds sauerkraut
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
Cracklinís
Green onions
Creole seasoning
DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, add olive oil. Add sliced onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until bacon begins to render and onions are beginning to caramelize. Add the Creole mustard and the beer. Stir. Add half of the sausage. A

Easy 6 02-01-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13390879)
Mmmm Toss in some ghost pepper? Habs at least, and I'd be down for that.

Jalapeno is about as hot as I care for, too much heat and I can hardly taste the food

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13394552)
Tiramisu.

My guy in Sidney used to make it for office events. I’m sure you’re good for it.

Thats a PERFECT suggestion to go along with her Italian theme :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13394572)
Wooo!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3LEse1ZUusg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HAHAHAAA you gotta be kidding me... particularly enjoyed the wife doing meditation with a waist full of chips and dip

Reerun_KC 02-01-2018 10:30 AM

We’re making homemade lasagna on Saturday when the kids and granddaughter are here. Sunday my son and I are working on putting up a new barn.

Aints got time for the Super Bowl

Easy 6 02-01-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13394606)
We’re making homemade lasagna on Saturday when the kids and granddaughter are here. Sunday my son and I are working on putting up a new barn.

Aints got time for the Super Bowl

Now thats dedication

chiefzilla1501 02-01-2018 02:01 PM

Gonna make philly cheese steaks bites in crescent rolls. Because **** the pats

Either that, or foot long hot dogs. Go nick Foles.

Easy 6 02-01-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13395073)
Gonna make philly cheese steaks bites in crescent rolls. Because **** the pats

Either that, or foot long hot dogs. Go nick Foles.

Those sound interdasting...

I sure hope the moment isnt too big for Ol' Nick

Baby Lee 02-01-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13394552)
Tiramisu.

My guy in Sidney used to make it for office events. I’m sure you’re good for it.

Tiramisu might be one of the oldest running jokes in my circle of friends that started the SB party way back when.

Back in 94-95 or so, we went over to one of the guys' mother's house to do some upkeep and yardwork for her.

She made dinner for after, and dessert was a really rich tiramisu. Between the yard work and the tiramisu, I ended up passing out in front the TV for like 3-4 hours. They say they couldn't rouse me to save their lives.

So now, at some point when we're talking at social events, if she brought any food for the event, his mom will make a quip about 'watch out for the tiramisu' she made so they could drug me and rob me blind/put me on a slow boat to China/etc.

Baby Lee 02-01-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13394572)
Wooo!

Really not one for sour cream based dips anymore [especially since 99% of it is ranch or french onion, which I could give a shit about], but I'm glad Helluvagood exists because they're one of the few who still make Bacon Horseradish.

Once every few months or so, I get a real craving for Bacon Horseradish dip with kettle chips.

Easy 6 02-01-2018 03:00 PM

Sticking with my megaloaded eggrolls, but Dayze talked me into swapping out the wings for some loaded up nachos... now its just a matter of deciding on the booze

Thinking about switching to rum from my usual vodka, and am gonna consult the 50 beers before you die thread for a good idea on a brews

Iowanian 02-01-2018 03:09 PM

I don't need to eat fancy food to enjoy a party.

My buddy has been to Canada this fall and ice fishing this winter and is frying fish, slaw and related fair...I'm bringing smoked deer balogna and the basic store bought cheese that comes in blocks. We'll have both kinds...Colby and sharp cheddar.

Put that in your pinterest and smoke it.

ptlyon 02-01-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 13395259)
I don't need to eat fancy food to enjoy a party.

My buddy has been to Canada this fall and ice fishing this winter and is frying fish, slaw and related fair...I'm bringing smoked deer balogna and the basic store bought cheese that comes in blocks. We'll have both kinds...Colby and sharp cheddar.

Put that in your pinterest and smoke it.

We are doing the same for Daytona from a fall trip to leech lake. If we have good weather that is.

And don't skimp on the cheese. Cracker barrel baby.

Baby Lee 02-01-2018 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found an old picture from a SB past. That's the 'main course section' brisket, chicken, turkey, pork, beans and cheesy potatoes.

Behind my buddy is the salad/dip section about the same size [though the salad section 'really' starts with the mandatory 'big bowl of greek salad' at the corner of the island there with the tongs in it]. Then there's a cookie/dessert section. Finally a liquor table.

Beers/sodas go in coolers out on the deck.

Serious bidness.