ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFW: Flowers told teammates he would give all the money back if he could just leave (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266514)

BossChief 11-13-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9117254)
Yeah, it's not wildly successful on our team because we have a bunch of steaming sacks of shit on the defensive line.

But you have to mix it up sometimes. Obviously, you want Hali and Houston rushing the QB, but sometimes you drop them back in coverage to throw the other team off. They might start to slide protection toward the outside so you drop Hali in coverage, run a twist in the middle and you might have a wide open lane to the QB. Like I said, doesn't work for us often, but that's the kind of stuff great defenses do.

What? You think we should run a variance of zone blitzing like Pittsburgh does?

That

Just

Might

Work

Sorter 11-13-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117345)
What? You think we should run a variance of zone blitzing like Pittsburgh does?

That

Just

Might

Work

That shit is wayyyyy too ****ing risky, mano.

Personally, I think we should just play quarters every play and drop Tamba/Houston into coverage every time from our base front.

Rush 3, drop 8. Nobody, not even God, Allah, Thor, Satan or Tom could complete passes against the powerhouse 3-man rush of Poe, Tyson Jackson, and Pituawtf.

ThaVirus 11-13-2012 11:52 PM

Speaking of Houston in coverage, that dude needs to be rushing the passer, like, every damn play.

He's not so good in coverage, great against the run, but he can be a ****ing GAME CHANGER when he's rushing the passer.

He's surpassed Berry as the player on our defense I'm most excited about heading into the future. The dude is a ****ing HOSS!

Rausch 11-13-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9117403)
Speaking of Houston in coverage, that dude needs to be rushing the passer, like, every damn play.

No.

We need to have a legit 3-4 DC who can confuse offenses, mix and disguise blitzes, and best use our talent...

Sorter 11-13-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9117403)

He's not so good in coverage, great against the run, but he can be a ****ing GAME CHANGER when he's rushing the passer.

He's surpassed Berry as the player on our defense I'm most excited about heading into the future. The dude is a ****ing HOSS!

Personally, I was glad when Crennel/whoever forced him to play in coverage as much as he did last year. It was a good learning experience and could be beneficial in the future.

That being said, I want him rushing the passer as much as possible until we can get a pass-rush from the our DL. Dropping Houston does nothing without an effective pass-rush. Dropping him to confuse QBs occasionally or on a situation-based plan when they have to get rid of the ball quickly is great.

Sorter 11-13-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117409)
No.

We need to have a legit 3-4 DC who can confuse offenses, mix and disguise blitzes, and best use our talent...

Well, **** you Rausch for stealing my thunder.

LMAOLMAO

ThaVirus 11-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117412)
That being said, I want him rushing the passer as much as possible until we can get a pass-rush from the our DL. Dropping Houston does nothing without an effective pass-rush. Dropping him to confuse QBs occasionally or on a situation-based plan when they have to get rid of the ball quickly is great.

There's my argument, Rausch.

It's no coincidence that in 2 out of the 3 great defensive showings we've had this season, Houston had a larger role in harassing the QB.

Rausch 11-14-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117414)
Well, **** you Rausch for stealing my thunder.

LMAOLMAO

http://i.somethingawful.com/news/200...ccainscowl.jpg

Sorter 11-14-2012 12:06 AM

I'm genuinely curious.

Are people working in football at a professional level (college/NFL) genuinely incompetent?

How exactly the **** is it that a bunch of random people on a MB can identify this team's problems and come up with plausible, logical solutions without nearly the time, money, or support people are getting paid millions to do?

Sorter 11-14-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117430)

LMAOLMAO

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117433)
I'm genuinely curious.

Are people working in football at a professional level (college/NFL) genuinely incompetent?

How exactly the **** is it that a bunch of random people on a MB can identify this team's problems and come up with plausible, logical solutions without nearly the time, money, or support people are getting paid millions to do?

Nepotism, cronyism, inside the box thinking and arrogance.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:41 AM

I would be owning the NFL if this was 1988 /Romeos scheme

Sorter 11-14-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117510)
I would be owning the NFL if this was 1988 /Romeos scheme

We should make a time machine. Just divert the funds from SOC and we should be fine.

Chiefs=Champions 11-14-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9109125)
I love this shit because even at our worst, The Raiders have NEVER been this dysfunctional or pitted fan against fan.... Keep it up.. the funny thing is gonna be when you win 3 games this year and take a corner in the draft.

Ahh you may want to check the history of the Oakland Raiders: 2003 to present.

Rausch 11-14-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117438)
Nepotism, cronyism, inside the box thinking and arrogance.

40 years without a SB victory.

Right there is why...