ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody still think Haley shouldn't have been fired? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266565)

Rausch 11-14-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117410)
Ben was on pace to have his best year as a pro and the team was back in the elite class even though they were without some of their best players for a lot of the year.

Meanwhile, in KC...Bowe, DJ, and others have gone back to pre Haley form...or at best have gone back to being inconsistent.

He's the OC and he's doing (for the most part) a very good job.

When he was a HC he was an overlord and azzhole. He did not win. He did not make good decisions as HC on gameday or with talent. He did not get along with anyone under him.

He's now back at OC, told his (limited) role, and he's good there.

He's a Mike Martz, Norv, etc...

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9117418)
He's a Mike Martz, Norv, etc...

I'd say he's closer to Mike Nolan than either Martz or Norv.

Martz at least led his team to a Super Bowl and Norv's a Super Bowl winner under Jimmy Johnson.

Haley's just a **** that would be golf pro somewhere without his father's influence and connections.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117402)
Really? Yeah, really.

Then why were they 5-8 when he was fired? Why did they win 2 games AFTER he was fired? Pioli wanted to fire Haley after the 2010 year because he wanted to make a move to give options other than Cassel at QB...like Hasselback. Pioli is married to Cassel because he gave him 63 million. Kyle Orton won those games...its too bad Orton got hurt and Haley had to play Palko.

I don't remember the San Francisco 49ers falling off a cliff when Bill Walsh retired. They had a QB.

I don't remember the Denver Broncos falling off a cliff when Dan Reeves was fired. They had a QB

I don't remember the Pittsburgh Steelers dumping seasons after Cowher left.
they had a QB
Yet, I'm to believe that the absence of Todd Haley and Todd Haley alone means that the Chiefs fall to 1-8? This is a team that still doesnt have a QB and now we are seeing what thats like without an elite motivator running the show.

Bullshit.

Call it bullshit all you want, Dane. This team gave much better effort and played with far better energy under Haley because he MADE THEM.

Gyus dotn have to fear him getting in theri face when they **** up nowadays, and look whats happening AT A RECORD PACE....

THE TEAM IS ****ING UP.

In 2011, the Chiefs had 29 turnovers.

Through only 9 games of 2012, the same roster has 30 turnovers.

A similar correlation can be made for penalties and another thing Haley didnt have was nagging "hurts" that got played out like "injuries" like they are nowadays.

Haley gave this team a mental toughness that is sorely lacking without him...its not that surprising that the one game they DID show up was when Haley was across the field.

Sorter 11-14-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117422)

Martz at least led his team to a Super Bowl and Norv's a Super Bowl winner under Jimmy Johnson.

Haley's just a **** that would be golf pro somewhere without his father's influence and connections.

Haley was pretty damn close to a SB (as an OC who may/may not have had playcalling responsibilities) with a team that has been a perennial bottom-dweller, to be fair.

Agree with the basis though.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117416)
So, Derrick Johnson this season and especially last night, was pre-Haley form?

No.

As for Dwayne Bowe, he's clearly mailed it in. Every report says he wants out and it's clear from his level of play that it's true.

He must hate the Kansas City Chiefs, Pioli, Crennel, et al so much that he's willing to leave money on the table by playing so poorly.

That, my friend, has nothing to do with Todd Haley.

Yeah, its not like Bowe gave 10X this effort under Haley...

cmon Dane, you cant sit there and say that with a straight face, can you?

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117437)
Call it bullshit all you want, Dane. This team gave much better effort and played with far better energy under Haley because he MADE THEM.

Gyus dotn have to fear him getting in theri face when they **** up nowadays, and look whats happening AT A RECORD PACE....

THE TEAM IS ****ING UP.

In 2011, the Chiefs had 29 turnovers.

Through only 9 games of 2012, the same roster has 30 turnovers.

A similar correlation can be made for penalties and another thing Haley didnt have was nagging "hurts" that got played out like "injuries" like they are nowadays.

Haley gave this team a mental toughness that is sorely lacking without him...its not that surprising that the one game they DID show up was when Haley was across the field.

4-12

10-6

5-8

If you think THAT'S effort, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

Seriously, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117442)
Yeah, its not like Bowe gave 10X this effort under Haley...

cmon Dane, you cant sit there and say that with a straight face, can you?

Where was Bowe's "effort" in 2011?

Dwayne Bowe has wanted out for years.

He's leaving no room for error in 2012.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117422)

Haley came up under Parcells as an assistant for the Jets.

Are you saying that Dick got him that gig while being a Steelers guy through and through?

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117461)
Haley came up under Parcells as an assistant for the Jets.

Are you saying that Dick got him that gig while being a Steelers guy through and through?

Dick was Director of Player Personnel for the Jets under Parcells when Todd was hired as an assistant

Sorter 11-14-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117452)
Where was Bowe's "effort" in 2011?

Dwayne Bowe has wanted out for years.

He's leaving no room for error in 2012.

Personally, I think that none of our receivers have displayed as much explosiveness coming out of breaks as they did in 2010 or 2011.

Could be attributable to Todd's conditioning/technique(doubtful on the latter) but could also be attributed to a lack of desire (i.e. going through the motions) or any other reason. They are human beings.

Entirely subjective and I've only watched 2 games this season on All-22 but that is my take on it.

BossChief 11-14-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117451)
4-12 the year before the team was 2-14

10-6 playoffs with Cassel as the QB, finalist for coach of the year

5-8 wanted the GM to sign Matt Hasselback so when Cassel didnt step up, there was plan b...but he got Palko. Dont try to tell me he wouldnt have won the division if Hasselback came in for Cassel mid 2011...you would be acting disingenuous to further an agenda.

If you think THAT'S effort, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

Seriously, I have a timeshare to sell you in Mexico.

1-8.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117465)
Personally, I think that none of our receivers have displayed as much explosiveness coming out of breaks as they did in 2010 or 2011.

Could be attributable to Todd's conditioning/technique(doubtful on the latter) but could also be attributed to a lack of desire (i.e. going through the motions) or any other reason. They are human beings.

Entirely subjective and I've only watched 2 games this season on All-22 but that is my take on it.

In 2011, Baldwin was invisible. Breaston had nearly 800 yards but hasn't seen the field much in 2012. Bowe has been Bowe. McCluster seems somewhat improved.

So, I guess I disagree with your analysis. :D

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9117466)
1-8.

So how has anything that Haley brought to this team carried over?

Or are you saying that Haley actually has to be around for the Chiefs to play better?

They sucked last year, plain and simple, when Haley was around. They sucked in 2009 when Haley was around. They were somewhat better in 2010, when Weis and Crennell arrived, but that quickly wore off.

Todd Haley, IMO, doesn't deserve any praise, whatsoever.

milkman 11-14-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117475)
So how has anything that Haley brought to this team carried over?

Or are you saying that Haley actually has to be around for the Chiefs to play better?

They sucked last year, plain and simple, when Haley was around. They sucked in 2009 when Haley was around. They were somewhat better in 2010, when Weis and Crennell arrived, but that quickly wore off.

Todd Haley, IMO, doesn't deserve any praise, whatsoever.

Bullshit.

keg in kc 11-14-2012 12:29 AM

Of course haley should have been fired. The team was awful last year.

Crennell shouldn't finish out the season this year, either.