ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2013 02:38 AM

This is going to be an EPIC disaster.

They had $175 million in this piece of shit and instead of walking away, the invested another $50 million, fired the director, brought in new editors, re-shot scenes, etc.

If it isn't "Waterworld", I'll be shocked.

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9369466)

They had $175 million in this piece of shit and instead of walking away, the invested another $50 million, fired the director, brought in new editors, re-shot scenes, etc.

I think the trailer looks interesting....but yea, its had alot of problems. It was supposed to open last year.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-03-2013 12:28 PM

I would think zombies would just be like Charlie Brown's pigpen. Instead of dust they would be surrounded in a clould of flies. The maggots would take them in 3 days if the vultures hadn't already.

notorious 02-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9374498)
I would think zombies would just be like Charlie Brown's pigpen. Instead of dust they would be surrounded in a clould of flies. The maggots would take them in 3 days if the vultures hadn't already.

:hmmm:

ThaVirus 02-03-2013 12:40 PM

Pretty much every zombie book I've ever read says animals and insects steer clear of the infected flesh.

Might not make a lot of sense, but its necessary to keep them chugging.

Deberg_1990 03-27-2013 07:50 AM

New trailer. I have no idea if this is like the book, but the movie looks like hes a doctor globetrotting the world trying to find a cure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4EC7P5WdUko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lawrenceRaider 03-27-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9369466)

Probably, but I'm still going to see it. Not in the theatre, but when it's on streaming at Amazon.

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532495)
New trailer. I have no idea if this is like the book, but the movie looks like hes a doctor globetrotting the world trying to find a cure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4EC7P5WdUko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not like the book.

I'd recommend it. Quick read and I think I got it for like $5 on Amazon...

lawrenceRaider 03-27-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532495)

The character Brad Pitt is playing, globe trotted AFTER they "reclaimed" the world from the zombies, not during the outbreak/war.

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 9532506)
The character Brad Pitt is playing, globe trotted AFTER they "reclaimed" the world from the zombies, not during the outbreak/war.

And IIRC he was a reporter or collecting info for a govt. report or something. For some reason he felt personally compelled to "write" it.

NewChief 03-27-2013 09:10 AM

It annoys me so badly that they named this World War Z. It looks like a perfectly decent semi-zombie apocalyptic flick, but it appears to have absolutely zero relationship with the book. None at all.

Fish 03-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9532645)
It annoys me so badly that they named this World War Z. It looks like a perfectly decent semi-zombie apocalyptic flick, but it appears to have absolutely zero relationship with the book. None at all.

This. Why even bother to pay for the rights to the name of the book, when it has so little to do with the actual book?

Bowser 03-27-2013 10:29 AM

As far as it being an apocolyptic zombie movie, it looks decent enough to stand on its own. As far as it being related to World War Z, it looks anything but.

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the thread, but the zombies from World War Z were of the slow lumbering type, not the 28 Days Later version. And has been mentioned, the WWZ story is about a reporter traveling the world reporting on how humanity survived after the fact, not as it breaks out.

Maybe Bradd Pitt's character is one of the soldiers depicted in one of the short stories of the book, telling his story alone?

Swanman 03-27-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9532846)
As far as it being an apocolyptic zombie movie, it looks decent enough to stand on its own. As far as it being related to World War Z, it looks anything but.

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the thread, but the zombies from World War Z were of the slow lumbering type, not the 28 Days Later version. And has been mentioned, the WWZ story is about a reporter traveling the world reporting on how humanity survived after the fact, not as it breaks out.

Maybe Bradd Pitt's character is one of the soldiers depicted in one of the short stories of the book, telling his story alone?

From the trailer, they did get one thing right. People did mass on aircraft carriers in the book after the outbreak. Other than that, the book is nothing but a bunch of first-hand accounts of the zombie war from many different aspects, put together by an author after the war had ended.

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:13 PM

New trailer looks decent, I guess. Nothing like the book, but I'm ok with that. I pretty much figured they'd take some liberties in plot reconstruction anyway. Having the World War Z name was just that; a way to boost excitement and ticket sales.

It looks like there will be a shit ton of chaos and that airplane scene at the end looks intense. Plus Brad Pitt's the ****ing man so I'll definitely be checking this out.

I do wonder what is up with 1:58 though. The kid ducking down is clearly not infected while the others stampeding clearly are, yet they don't bother him. They actually run around him.