ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

lawrenceRaider 11-14-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9103017)
Zombies can't be faster and stronger than what their muscles allow.

This is becoming FAIL pretty quick.

Is that kind of like a woman who "can't" lift a car off her child, yet does so anyway? People are capable of great feats of strength when they lose the blocks put in place to keep us from hurting ourselves. Zombies should be that way as well because they have no preservation instinct left, only the will to spread the disease and eat.

notorious 11-14-2012 09:46 AM

Walking Zombies are popular because most people have some romantic vision that it would be easy and fun to survive in that world.

If it really happened, it would be more like Walking Dead. Vast numbers, unpredictablility along with non-stop threat would wear out most people quickly.

Running Zombies aren't as fun because they would steam-roll everything within hours. Nothing would stop them short of a Nuke within the first few minutes of an outbreak.

beach tribe 11-14-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 9118003)
Is that kind of like a woman who "can't" lift a car off her child, yet does so anyway? People are capable of great feats of strength when they lose the blocks put in place to keep us from hurting ourselves. Zombies should be that way as well because they have no preservation instinct left, only the will to spread the disease and eat.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you took pain out of it, a pycho zombie could do a lot of shit. Kind of like PCP or Bath salt nut jobs. The cops said the bath salts people were as strong as 5 men.
I like slow zombies, running zombies whatever, but my true view of a zombie is they are human like, and deteriorate over time whether they eat or not because they are dead. I guess my closest view of zombies would be Dawn of the Dead.
Those ****ers run, and that's considered one of the best zombie movies out there..

beach tribe 11-14-2012 11:06 AM

I LOVE zombie movies, but here is the whole problem with the zombie theory. It wouldn't spread like you think it would. In every zombie movie, the zombies are super hungry, and want nothing but flesh. So once there were 10-20 zombies, they wouldn't be making a whole lot more, because whoever they caught would get picked CLEAN. There wouldn't be anything left to turn into a zombie.

BWillie 11-14-2012 02:54 PM

Zombie movies are utterly stupid. Very odd that the masses think they are cool just cuz of video games. Only way zombie movies are somewhat entertaining, is if it is a comedy. Just way to cheese to be drama

NewChief 11-14-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9118200)
I LOVE zombie movies, but here is the whole problem with the zombie theory. It wouldn't spread like you think it would. In every zombie movie, the zombies are super hungry, and want nothing but flesh. So once there were 10-20 zombies, they wouldn't be making a whole lot more, because whoever they caught would get picked CLEAN. There wouldn't be anything left to turn into a zombie.

Walking Dead explains. Zombies don't actually eat for nourishment. As such, they don't need to eat flesh, they're only compelled to eat flesh. The only flesh they're compelled to eat, in the Walking Dead, is flesh that is living or very fresh. So, in effect, once the victim dies, they start to "turn off" from eating the victim. I do agree that there would be way more zombies that are half eaten (possibly missing legs/arms/etc...).

NewChief 11-14-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9118711)
Zombie movies are utterly stupid. Very odd that the masses think they are cool just cuz of video games. Only way zombie movies are somewhat entertaining, is if it is a comedy. Just way to cheese to be drama

I'm not sure what video games have to do with the current surge in zombie interest in our culture. I think you're putting the chicken before the egg.

lawrenceRaider 11-14-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9118860)
Walking Dead explains. Zombies don't actually eat for nourishment. As such, they don't need to eat flesh, they're only compelled to eat flesh. The only flesh they're compelled to eat, in the Walking Dead, is flesh that is living or very fresh. So, in effect, once the victim dies, they start to "turn off" from eating the victim. I do agree that there would be way more zombies that are half eaten (possibly missing legs/arms/etc...).

Virus based zombies would spread pretty fast. Just think about how quickly flu spreads every year.

Sure-Oz 11-14-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9118711)

The Walking Dead has been my sole reason for getting into zombie stuff lately. It has been cheesy for a long time.

mdchiefsfan 11-15-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9102700)
To me, that's what makes it interesting.

We've seen hordes of slow zombies. That's scary. It's just the sense of inevitability. You're out numbered... eventually, you'll be overwhelmed.

We've seen the fast version, and they're scary because any one of them could take you out at any time.

We've never seen a horde of fast zombies. To me that's intriguing. The horde moves like a flock of birds, almost a hive mind kinda thing.

I like this...

To me, that's not only new and interesting, it's ****ing terrifying.

It's just that there are so many of them.

Not just that, but they are tactical; using each other to scale walls and such. **** THAT!!

Micjones 11-15-2012 09:23 PM

Just saw the trailer. Had no idea it was about zombies.
I'm uninterested now.

Tribal Warfare 01-31-2013 09:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/SMUaymY6_Ek?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fishpicker 01-31-2013 09:32 PM

ick. the trailer looks piss poor. will not watch

notorious 01-31-2013 09:37 PM

They really are just using the name.

It looks nothing like how the book reads.

Ceej 01-31-2013 11:53 PM

Yuuuuuup.

I will still be seeing this in theaters.