ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Random Thoughts on the Bengals Preseason Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285566)

The Franchise 08-08-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803191)
Chase received what I thought was strong blocking, but has such poor pocket presence (and/or is incapable of seeing over them) that he waltzed himself into at least two of the sacks he took.

Bray's performance was frustratingly neutered -- the Chiefs ran 80% of the time when he was in.

This.

Halfcan 08-08-2014 09:32 AM

Parker- 2 penalties and 2 burns-not a good night.

Sean Smith-proved he will be the starter.

Alex looked like shit. Over threw a few balls, then should have dumped off to a wide open JC, held the ball and took the hit? WTF was he thinking? He will have to play 10 times better than that if he wants a contract.

C D- saved his job on that sweet pass to a wide open Kelce.

Bray-still looks like Bray-nice arm, big turnover. Still doesn't have a field presence and inner time clock to get rid of the ball. Would have liked to see him more.

Ford- looked fast-kept getting pushed outside-needs to spin inside and stop leaving huge gaps for the QB to run in. Should be a good one-glad to see him get some work.

Houston-incomplete- not sure I heard his name.

HUGE holes right up the middle all night. Gashed us on big gains no matter who was in there. Sorenson looked bad as well-but AJ Green does that to people.

DAT- way to early to tell anything- But we might be looking at Offensive rookie of the year. If teams give this guy a yard to move- he will burn them. That run back was very impressive. Speed to burn.

Wilson- makes this team- no way he will make it to the practice squad. Special teams are going to gamble on the kickoffs-so it seems-8 yards deep-no problem-they will run it anyways. We might end up with a few starts at the 7 yard line-more than worth the risk for those big gains.

Nice hard running by Gray to burn the clock. Our RB's are studs.

All in all- nice start-held on for the win -kept Cincy 0-8 against us in preseason. I am sure we will be playing them in the Wild Card game this year-hope it is at home. Time to end the playoff drought.

Direckshun 08-08-2014 09:37 AM

The Chiefs may have outflanked Alex Smith by allowing him to play without a new contract this year. He did look very lackluster.

If they wait this year out, and Smith has a predictably frustrating year as the team goes 6-10, the Chiefs will have greater leverage and can sign him to a cheaper deal.

Either way, they need to mimick the Kaepernick/Dalton model of being able to walk away from him in any given year.

The Franchise 08-08-2014 09:40 AM

Our defensive line didn't look extremely bad considering that DeVito and Catapano were both out.

jd1020 08-08-2014 09:41 AM

I was expecting a bit more out of Santos.

From all the talk it sounded like he had a big leg. Then Succop kicks 2 out of the endzone, and so far Santos has kicked one maybe 4 yards deep and one on the goalline.

The Franchise 08-08-2014 09:42 AM

And I think Parker needs to move to the NB slot. He's not good enough to be put out on the outside. If you keep him at NB....then you can also utilize his blitzing.

The Franchise 08-08-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10803224)
I was expecting a bit more out of Santos.

From all the talk it sounded like he had a big leg. Then Succop kicks 2 out of the endzone, and so far Santos has kicked one maybe 4 yards deep and one on the goalline.

Reid said after the game that they wanted them to kick it short so that they could get a look at the coverage teams.

jd1020 08-08-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10803227)
Reid said after the game that they wanted them to kick it short so that they could get a look at the coverage teams.

Oh.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-08-2014 09:44 AM

The Madden like game the pampered peyton rules will create

KCUnited 08-08-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803215)
If they wait this year out, and Smith has a predictably frustrating year as the team goes 6-10, the Chiefs will have greater leverage and can sign him to a cheaper deal.

Possibly the most Chiefs thing I've ever read.

SAUTO 08-08-2014 09:45 AM

one pass saved mcdanielson's job? and on dat its way too early to tell anything but he may be oroy?

another halfwit post

Direckshun 08-08-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10803220)
Our defensive line didn't look extremely bad considering that DeVito and Catapano were both out.

4.3 average if you take out Matt Scott's scrambling. Meh.

The combo of Bernard/Green-Ellis was "held" to 4.1 per carry in seven total carries.

Three7s 08-08-2014 09:47 AM

Ron Parker was horrid, and yet Sean Smith is still with the #2s. This has to end at some point, punishment or not.....

No talent in the WR core at all, unless Albert Wilson explodes like Keenan Allen last year. Remember, it's the Chiefs, so this would be similar to the Apocalypse occurring.

The DL looked awful the whole game, constantly getting blown off the ball in the run-game, and not much in the way of pass-rush on non-blitzes.

OL looked decent at times, but then looked bad at times. RBs looked fantastic. Kelce runs like a WR.

Other than that, I'll need another game to see what else we have.

Direckshun 08-08-2014 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10803231)
Possibly the most Chiefs thing I've ever read.

LMAO

It's either that or march Bray out next year. I certainly don't believe they'll draft QB in the 1st.

Halfcan 08-08-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10803215)
The Chiefs may have outflanked Alex Smith by allowing him to play without a new contract this year. He did look very lackluster.

Either way, they need to mimick the Kaepernick/Dalton model of being able to walk away from him in any given year.

This! :thumb: Even his post game interview was ****ing boring. Are you having a ****ing tea party Alex or are you the QB of the Kansas City Chiefs. You better find the fire and desire to win fast!!