ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Drink of choice tonight? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490)

Raiderhater 02-28-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Is it giggly-possibly-flirting like behavior from those serving or eating the oysters? :hmmm:

No. It's that some moron in all of his or her infinite wisdom decided that bartenders should not only be responsible for drinks, but for the shucking, and preperation to serve of oysters. Those are rather time consuming assingments, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. To make matters worse, we do not get tipped out for the fuckers like we do for drinks. Hell, to add insult to injury, the goddamned bus boys do because it goes under food sales. So this is a sore subject at the bar to begin with....

And now we are getting ready to institute a happy hour (been with out one since the place opened back in October), and management has informed us that one of the specials is going to be 25 cent oysters. So we are going from $9 a dozen to $3 a dozen. And that means that is the ONLY thing we will be doing. It won't work, we're going to get our asses handed to us and one aspect of the job or the other is going to end up being ignored. And instead of doing away with the stupid idea, the brass will probably just come up with another stupid idea to try and make it work (there M.O. to this point in time) which will in turn just make matters worse which will lead to more stupid ideas.

And did I mention that we are not being compensated for this shit?

Rausch 02-28-2006 11:44 PM

Beer.

Cheap, cold, and domestic...

Raiderhater 02-28-2006 11:46 PM

Quote:

If that's the case, Jamie....and they are female and attractive.... :hmmm:

I've got two words....

Hit it.

:p

Most of the attractive servers and I have been on flirtatious terms for a while now.

Some time, ask me to tell you about Valantine's Day. :)

Rausch 02-28-2006 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
Most of the attractive servers and I have been on flirtatious terms for a while now.

Some time, ask me to tell you about Valantine's Day. :)

"Was he a clean man? Was he clean!?!"

Raiderhater 02-28-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
"Was he a clean man? Was he clean!?!"

Yeah, yeah, yeah, fuck off. nlm

58-4ever 02-28-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raiderhader
No. It's that some moron in all of his or her infinite wisdom decided that bartenders should not only be responsible for drinks, but for the shucking, and preperation to serve of oysters. Those are rather time consuming assingments, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. To make matters worse, we do not get tipped out for the fuckers like we do for drinks. Hell, to add insult to injury, the goddamned bus boys do because it goes under food sales. So this is a sore subject at the bar to begin with....

And now we are getting ready to institute a happy hour (been with out one since the place opened back in October), and management has informed us that one of the specials is going to be 25 cent oysters. So we are going from $9 a dozen to $3 a dozen. And that means that is the ONLY thing we will be doing. It won't work, we're going to get our asses handed to us and one aspect of the job or the other is going to end up being ignored. And instead of doing away with the stupid idea, the brass will probably just come up with another stupid idea to try and make it work (there M.O. to this point in time) which will in turn just make matters worse which will lead to more stupid ideas.

Get a new gig buddy. Bartending jobs are everywhere. I work at a 4 star hotel where a crown & coke is about 7.50 with tax. easy, fast money.

And did I mention that we are not being compensated for this shit?

Eleazar 02-28-2006 11:59 PM

I just wanted to say that the spelling error in this thread title is very annoying.

Mr. Kotter 03-01-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I just wanted to say that the spelling error in this thread title is very annoying.

:spock:

:shrug:

Eleazar 03-01-2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

:spock:

:shrug:

Well, I've never acutally opened the thread before, but I always saw it on the front page and thought "damn, will someone ever fix that choLce crap?" :harumph: :banghead:

Mr. Kotter 03-03-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Well, I've never acutally opened the thread before, but I always saw it on the front page and thought "damn, will someone ever fix that choLce crap?" :harumph: :banghead:

I've never even noticed it...it just blended right in..... ROFL

Jagerbombs tonight to start--around 9 pm. It's chillin' in the Freezer....

CHIEF4EVER 03-03-2006 08:04 PM

Home brewed California Common (Anchor Steam clone)....ice cold. Mmmmmmm........

chiefs4me 03-03-2006 08:09 PM

I wonder what Eric is drinking tonight??:harumph:

Mr. Kotter 03-03-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs4me
I wonder what Eric is drinking tonight??:harumph:

Me too. I miss him. I was hoping he had a secondary username.

I still don't really understand, exactly, how that got so ugly.

I'll have a couple in his honor tonight, I guess.

And another couple for Phil. Maybe a couple for Brian & Mer. And another for Nzoner's happy return....eh....you get the idea. :)

:toast:

Nzoner 03-03-2006 09:09 PM

Boo-yah!!

Margarita on the rocks,man 8 days not posting here is enough to make a man drink.

StcChief 03-03-2006 09:12 PM

Spaten Optimator