ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Warner Bros. Announces 10 DC Movies, 3 Lego Movies and 3 'Harry Potter' Spinoffs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287467)

Ragged Robin 10-15-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11020251)
It isn't wrong the kid isn't a natural blonde or a ginger.

Who says Barry or Arthur HAS to be blonde or "not ethnic?" They didn't make any of the Batman actors including Christian Bale dye their hair to be more like Bruce. Chris Evans didn't bleach his hair blonde to be more like Cap either.

Again, :facepalm:

Beef Supreme 10-15-2014 11:51 PM

Aquaman is that crappy character we remember from the Super Friends cartoon. But he's also a character that has had some pretty good writers on and off over the last couple of decades. And Mamoa fits the role a lot better than most people who probably never read any of that shit might realize.

It could be decent. Aquaman will never be a character I really love. But it could be a good movie if they have a good story.

Tribal Warfare 10-16-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11020341)
Who says Barry or Arthur HAS to be blonde or "not ethnic?" They didn't make any of the Batman actors including Christian Bale dye their hair to be more like Bruce. Chris Evans didn't bleach his hair blonde to be more like Cap either.

Again, :facepalm:

LOL, nice! How obtuse you are, and the ultimate contrarian when comes to comic book related shit too. There are simple facts that with the Flash they are going to deal with 2 continuities the TV and film variations. One needs to be hard lined to the comics to distinguish the two of them a part and currently it isn't the The CW's program. Momoa was another lame selection, like Gadot who doesn't fit the archetype of the character and isn't good enough actor and isn't charismatic enough to hold down a franchise like that. The guy is simply not that good of an actor.

Ragged Robin 10-16-2014 08:49 AM

I'm not even disagreeing with your opinions on the casting, just the fact that you said some the actors are "too ethnic" and essentially need to dye their hair to be more white is some 19th century draconian horseshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11020582)
There are simple facts that with the Flash they are going to deal with 2 continuities the TV and film variations. One needs to be hard lined to the comics to distinguish the two of them a part

No.

The Franchise 10-16-2014 09:19 AM

Seriously.....Lego Ninjago....go the **** away.

Baby Lee 10-16-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11018442)
a metric ****ton of those properties are going to tank, just by looking at who they want to carry the specified franchise.

I had to look up some of actors to identify who the **** they are.

I'm starting to look at these franchises like Downton Abbey or Boardwalk Empire. Heard they were awesome, but damned if I'm gonna catch up on 5 seasons on that shit.

Halfcan 10-16-2014 09:44 AM

Cant wait until 2020 to see Green Lantern lol Maybe in 2040 they will do another one.

ModSocks 10-16-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11020131)
Any character can be entertaining if written well.

You could have made the same "who gives a shit" argument about Captain America, Thor, or Guardians of the Galaxy.

Well written movies create their own audience.

Not that DC needs even write them well. DC and Marvel superhero movies are automatic cash cows.

Hopefully they're handled well. I'm not optimistic, but I've been proven wrong before.

I get that you're a comic book nerd and eat this shit up, but the vast majority aren't. They could probably release a movie starring Robin and you'd spring a boner.

Strong characters can appeal to broader audiances who've at least experienced the likes of Superman, Batman, Spiderman etc in their child hoods. Everyone knows those names, my 7 year old son recognizes those figures. Captain America can be placed right up there with those guys, and to a lesser extent, Thor.

But Aquaman, Shazam and Wonderwoman? No one gives a **** about them. My kid doesn't know who they are, and i'd venture most kids his age don't know who they are. Those are strictly comic-cult characters. There's no X-men like appeal there.

This is called "milking the comic book market until it's over saturated and dead", and it's about to be over saturated and dead real soon. The movie industry is notorious for it.

Tribal Warfare 10-16-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11020914)
I'm not even disagreeing with your opinions on the casting, just the fact that you said some the actors are "too ethnic" and essentially need to dye their hair to be more white is some 19th century draconian horseshit.

No.

:facepalm:

Dude

:shake:

Tribal Warfare 10-16-2014 01:41 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...2tao1_1280.jpg

This kid doesn't look believable in terms of playing The Flash too.

Let me guess you'll bring up Keanu Reeves as John Constantine, Reeves gets a pass because of street cred from other roles in the action hero genre. Just to get that out of the way.

The Franchise 10-16-2014 03:46 PM

Has anybody ever been a fan of The Flash?

Direckshun 10-16-2014 04:08 PM

The Flash has had some interesting storylines. I'm kinda meh on DC in general.

morphius 10-16-2014 04:09 PM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...aman+sucks.gif

Bowser 10-16-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11021812)
I'm kinda meh on DC in general.

DC Graphic Novels usually are far superior to their monthlies, but I agree with this 100%.

GloucesterChief 10-16-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11021812)
The Flash has had some interesting storylines. I'm kinda meh on DC in general.

Just not ones that would transfer well to a movie. Hard to do Rogues War in a couple of movies. Too many characters and the old Rogues won't get the character development needed.