ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt Statement (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268256)

Raiderhater 12-31-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9259491)
Wrong, dumbshit.

Your exact quote:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=630

So are you saying:

1) Clark's record is short as Chiefs CEO/Primary Owner. Six seasons is not enough time to evaulate the Chiefs under Clark? Six seasons with 2 GMs, 3 HC's?

2) Again your exact statement... "his record is not as bad as some of you are trying to paint it"... 29-68.. that is the Chiefs record under Clark's ownership in the 6 full seasons since Lamar's death. How is that record "not as bad" as any rationale person would say it is?

3) I own a small business of 21 full time employees and 5 part time employees. When they do something wrong and the customer is upset or it affects the results of my business... guess who is ultimately responsible... ME. That is the way it works in any line of business. Clark as CEO is responsible for the Chiefs performance on and off the field.

1-2) Out of context. The discussion was about Clark's record in making decisions, not the team's over all record. And you are not being intellectually honest in your break down of events. Of the 2 GMs one was already here. Of the 3 HCs one was already here. So he only responsible for 1 GM and 2 HCs. Which takes us to...

3) What is your track record in hiring people? How many have worked out and how many haven't? How many looked like stellar candidates only to turn out to be terrible hires? It is hit and miss just like any thing else in life. You are ready to hang the guy after his first big time hire. Imagine if your clientele left you for another business after your first bad hire...

DJ's left nut 12-31-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9259539)
Now we're going to start the "Haley was a victim" bullshit.

Nah - Haley wasn't the answer either. He was clearly better than Crennel, but he was a shitty HC hire in his own right.

Yet Clark will refuse to learn his lesson on that one. Nope - gotta make sure we dick around and let the good candidates get snapped up. That way, in 3 years when we still suck dicks, the Truefans can write off 2013 because "The new coach/GM had a shortened timeline before the draft and training camp...."

It still blows me away how hard they rode that line in excusing the 2009 draft until the last of the rats finally hopped off that sinking ship. This fanbase is full of mindless dittoheads.

OnTheWarpath15 12-31-2012 01:36 PM

810 needs to get to the Hunt interview - these callers are ****ing reeruned.

The Franchise 12-31-2012 01:36 PM

Why does every ****ing caller sound like a mouthbreather?

FloridaMan88 12-31-2012 01:36 PM

Terry Bradway? JFC

O.city 12-31-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9259555)
Nah - Haley wasn't the answer either. He was clearly better than Crennel, but he was a shitty HC hire in his own right.

Yet Clark will refuse to learn his lesson on that one. Nope - gotta make sure we dick around and let the good candidates get snapped up. That way, in 3 years when we still suck dicks, the Truefans can write off 2013 because "The new coach/GM had a shortened timeline before the draft and training camp...."

It still blows me away how hard they rode that line in excusing the 2009 draft until the last of the rats finally hopped off that sinking ship. This fanbase is full of mindless dittoheads.

Look how many are in this thread trying to spin this as positive.

Red Beans 12-31-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9259557)
810 needs to get to the Hunt interview - these callers are ****ing reeruned.

Agreed. I could practically smell the Copenhagen and Old Milwaukees on that last guy.

Mr. Laz 12-31-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9259508)
Then why keep him and make that an option? Why even have to ask that question?

What exactly has the guy done to show that he deserves that?

It's not about PIOLI

jesus, you are obsessed

It's about Hunt keeping his current GM until he knows he has a new one.

insurance,leverage .... whatever

stonedstooge 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

"Let's not act like this is the worse franchise in football"/Petro

FloridaMan88 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

Petro saying this isn't the worst franchise in football.

2-14, #1 overall pick in the draft.

chiefzilla1501 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9259534)
****ing around for 3 weeks before doing what everyone knew had to be done really worked out well for him that time around, didn't it?

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/ima...2e20fcd2bd.jpg

This is either stupid beyond words or just a veiled attempt to save his hero. So Clark's either incompetent or Fat Scott's water carrier.

Either way, this is really friggen dumb.

The timing of the Haley hire was not a dumb decision. Pioli was hired very late so most head coaches were taken. Our option was to accept a head coach nobody wanted, or wait on Haley to become available. I liked the Haley hire and still do, and anyone who thought it was a terrible hire is talking revisionist history. At the time pioli was hired, he was the only thing close to a good candidate on the market.

Hunt hired pioli and it appeared that the option was either hire Haley or let herm lame duck so that in 2009, the chiefs would get to search for a coach in the first wave. Pendergast is a classic example of a lame duck hire because of what was available at the time. Once we knew haley was in, herm was out. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar here. I don't care how it's done, as long as it is done and pioli can't demolish this franchise any further.

OnTheWarpath15 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9259566)
"Let's not act like this is the worse franchise in football"/Petro

But, but, we're over .500 as a franchise.

O.city 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9259565)
It's not about PIOLI

jesus, you are obsessed

It's about Hunt keeping his current GM until he knows he has a new one.

insurance,leverage .... whatever

HOw does that make sense? I know you don't think all the Pioli rumors are true and you would like to keep the guy, but why do you have to have a new GM in place to fire the current failure?

Seems like that would actually deter future Gm prospects from talking about the job.

penguinz 12-31-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9259567)
Petro saying this isn't the worst franchise in football.

2-14, #1 overall pick in the draft.

You think KC is worse than the Jags? At least there are some pieces here.

The Franchise 12-31-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9259570)
But, but, we're over .500 as a franchise.

I really love the "we've been to two Superbowls" bullshit.