ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:49 AM

Trent Richardson would be my guy without question. Then Martin, then DeCastro.

Lono 03-06-2012 11:06 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3. Myself, I would prefer one of the two lineman. DeCastro will be a 12 year all pro type of guy and a dominate force in the run game. To me its hard to pass on a guy who is literally a can't miss.

ChiefsCountry 03-06-2012 11:08 AM

Richardson, Rieff, DeCastro.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8421646)
Richardson, Rieff, DeCastro.

I'd pick Reiff.

Richardson is all well and good but there are some really good RBs available in the 2nd/3rd round like Doug Martin. Starting to like that kid more and more.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 11:23 AM

I'll take Will Shields, I mean David DeCastro.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 11:25 AM

The Kansas City Chiefs select Trent Richardson, RB, University of Alabama.

The obvious choice in this spot would be to trade down but that isn't going to happen in this mock. So I'll go with the BPA who also fits a position of need. We have no idea where Charles is or even if he will ever be at 100%. You can say that you don't take RBs this high but Richardson is an every down back and the contract at #11 isn't franchise killing. Charles and Richardson give this offense a running game to lean on if Cassel is the QB. If its Orton or Manning.....this offense just became top 5.

htismaqe 03-06-2012 11:32 AM

Not a bad pick. I sincerely hope Manning is the QB and not stop-gap 1 or stop-gap 2 if we're taking Richardson.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421672)
I'd pick Reiff.

Richardson is all well and good but there are some really good RBs available in the 2nd/3rd round like Doug Martin. Starting to like that kid more and more.

Martin looked like a bit of a plodder to me; not much explosion there and not a great deal of power.

If absolutely everything goes to script, he could end up being a Matt Forte type player. I don't see him having Forte's agility though.

If everything goes to script for Miller, he's another Jamaal Charles. And for Richardson it's Adrian Peterson.

With the only really good choices being Martin (need), DeCastro (ability), Poe (ugh, I guess) and Richardson; I think Trent has the best combination of need, positional value, dynamic ability and overall ceiling. With the pick I would've used on Miller in the 2nd, I can go after Alemu or Sanders to fill other needs quite well in their own right.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8421696)
Not a bad pick. I sincerely hope Manning is the QB and not stop-gap 1 or stop-gap 2 if we're taking Richardson.

I hope some tackle falls to the second round. The market for tackle is so depressing passed the top 3 in the draft. There's nothing in FA and not much in the draft either. People are starting to think about DeCastro and Glenn at tackle, now.

On the other hand, there are good RBs that should be available to us in the second and there are so good RBs in FA that would fit.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421711)
If everything goes to script for Miller, he's another Jamaal Charles. And for Richardson it's Adrian Peterson.

Martin is 5'9 220. He has power to his game. Not sure how that = Charles.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 11:45 AM

Reading is fundamental. He said Miller = Charles.

jd1020 03-06-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8421748)
Reading is fundamental. He said Miller = Charles.

I can only assume that he used the wrong name since we were never talking about Miller.

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421778)
I can only assume that he used the wrong name since we were never talking about Miller.

You know what they say about assuming...

He compared Martin to Forte, Miller to Charles, and Richardson to AP.

jd1020 03-06-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8421787)
You know what they say about assuming...

He compared Martin to Forte, Miller to Charles, and Richardson to AP.

I can see that then. I still like having a top talent in the draft at T blocking for Forte and Charles over having a meh player blocking for AP and Charles.

Another thing about drafting Richardson would mean pretty much eliminating Charles. Which may not be a bad thing because Charles might not be the Charles we knew, ever again. Someone like Richardson is someone you don't have on the bench.

DBoweShow 03-06-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8421811)
I can see that then. I still like having a top talent in the draft at T blocking for Forte and Charles over having a meh player blocking for AP and Charles.

Another thing about drafting Richardson would mean pretty much eliminating Charles. Which may not be a bad thing because Charles might not be the Charles we knew, ever again. Someone like Richardson is someone you don't have on the bench.

I don't see why you need to eliminate Charles. Charles is someone you don't have on the bench. Why can't you just get them both around 15 touches in a game. I see nothing wrong with that. IMO