ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

DaKCMan AP 03-06-2012 09:01 AM

Lets see if Pest goes Trent Richardson or DeCastro or Martin/Rieff.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8421284)
Eff you guys for taking all the pass rushers.

My Seattle pick is going to be spectacularly True Faneriffic

When Ingram went off the board, I was dead certain that Coples was gone to Miami and that I was going to have to murder Direkshun.

Major sigh of relief when he slipped the extra spot. Like you, I was gonna have to go true fan because I just couldn't bring myself to reach for Michael Brockers.

Though you may go even more true-fan than me; I'd have never gone DeCastro (Martin was my guy) - but out in Seattle, the home of Marshawn Lynch and his...uh....limited explosiveness, a badass guard may be a perfect fit to blow open holes for some power football.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 09:16 AM

4 DEs in the top 10...yikes

Richardson or OL.....?

i have no idea what pioli would do, besides trying to trade down..

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421407)
4 DEs in the top 10...yikes

Richardson or OL.....?

i have no idea what pioli would do, besides trying to trade down..

The league is hell-bent on not allowing DBs to do their job, so you might as well get after the passer.

Had a legit #1 CB prospect that didn't get thrown out of school or have problems rockin' the gange fallen to me, I'd have probably still gone CB, but one Claiborne was off the board, a pass-rusher was a no-brainer for a team that finished with 31 sacks last season and couldn't so much as slow most passing games down.

RealSNR 03-06-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421404)
When Ingram went off the board, I was dead certain that Coples was gone to Miami and that I was going to have to murder Direkshun.

Major sigh of relief when he slipped the extra spot. Like you, I was gonna have to go true fan because I just couldn't bring myself to reach for Michael Brockers.

Though you may go even more true-fan than me; I'd have never gone DeCastro (Martin was my guy) - but out in Seattle, the home of Marshawn Lynch and his...uh....limited explosiveness, a badass guard may be a perfect fit to blow open holes for some power football.

Seattle's two biggest needs are QB and pass rusher. One of those positions is short in this draft, and the other got raped over by these fiends.

DeCastro's on my short list. Seahawk fans are bitching about John Moffitt, but he just needs a year. He'll be fine. It'd be the other guard position I consider if DeCastro's still on the board.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421414)
The league is hell-bent on not allowing DBs to do their job, so you might as well get after the passer.

Had a legit #1 CB prospect that didn't get thrown out of school or have problems rockin' the gange fallen to me, I'd have probably still gone CB, but one Claiborne was off the board, a pass-rusher was a no-brainer for a team that finished with 31 sacks last season and couldn't so much as slow most passing games down.

i'm not really criticizing it, just surprised...in the drafters defense, I think this draft is soft in the first after about 4-5 guys, and in another year these DE's would be falling to mid-lower first round...

unless you have a screaming need for a tackle, the value just isn't there..its why we're even considering a RB with Charles on our roster...it would be a true BPA pick..

edit

think of a guy like Jerry Hughes, TCU, a couple of years ago...31st pick...was he that much lesser a prospect than Upshaw?

htismaqe 03-06-2012 09:32 AM

That's just it - after the top 4 or 5, this draft just isn't stellar.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421423)
i'm not really criticizing it, just surprised...in the drafters defense, I think this draft is soft in the first after about 4-5 guys, and in another year these DE's would be falling to mid-lower first round...

unless you have a screaming need for a tackle, the value just isn't there..its why we're even considering a RB with Charles on our roster...it would be a true BPA pick..

edit

think of a guy like Jerry Hughes, TCU, a couple of years ago...31st pick...was he that much lesser a prospect than Upshaw?

Then again, is Coples any less talented than Mario Williams? There are even similar questions surrounding their technique and intensity.

I'm not convinced that this is a bad draft for pass-rushers. Someone like Ingram really does look like he could make a Von Miller like impact.

the Talking Can 03-06-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421454)
Then again, is Coples any less talented than Mario Williams? There are even similar questions surrounding their technique and intensity.

I'm not convinced that this is a bad draft for pass-rushers. Someone like Ingram really does look like he could make a Von Miller like impact.

Ingram is the one that surprised me the most, imo...I watched the guy play most of the year, thought he was very good...never thought he was a top-10 pick...can't say I see the similarities to Miller at all...

but this is just chatter...

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8421489)
Ingram is the one that surprised me the most, imo...I watched the guy play most of the year, thought he was very good...never thought he was a top-10 pick...can't say I see the similarities to Miller at all...

but this is just chatter...

His versatility really has teams chasing him. With so many teams trying to incorporate hybrid fronts, a guy that can put his hand on the ground in a 4-3 or be a standup LBer in a 3-4 is damn valuable. Ultimately I think Ingram is a better fit as a 3-4 OLBer (has very nice hands and plays well in space) and if you can get a guy that is versatile enough to both rush the passer and cover in space, you have an amazing prospect on your hands.

I really really liked Ingram in this draft. He has greater upside as an OLBer than any player available this year, IMO.

Lono 03-06-2012 10:04 AM

He sucks, i hope no one picks him.

DJ's left nut 03-06-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lono (Post 8421524)
He sucks, i hope no one picks him.

He gone. Went to Direkshun already.

Lono 03-06-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8421532)
He gone. Went to Direkshun already.

Well piss, I didn't even see that. Nice pick up. I would have picked him with the Jets and ran away laughing at him being there.

The Franchise 03-06-2012 10:27 AM

I'm using my phone and now I have a tough decision to make. Give me like an hour.

Sfeihc 03-06-2012 10:40 AM

Allright all you Pioli's out there what do you do here @ 11 with TR and DeCastro on the board? Pick one of those two or try and trade down?

IMHO, You don't pass on a guy who grades out to be an potential All-Pro. DeCastro is my pick. A while back the CHIEFS faced a similar situation with two safties they thought were good or good enough(Woods and Tounge, I believe) and they passed on Ed Reed. Oops!
You take the Ed Reed type player.