ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The Blind Side is a bad movie. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272784)

Dartgod 05-06-2013 06:52 AM

Meh, I enjoyed the movie. I don't really care how accurate it was.

blaise 05-06-2013 07:07 AM

I never watched it. I don't generally like those kitschy sports movies.

luv 05-06-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9661022)
Well, she lied if she said that Oher being a big, dumb, ox was accurate. He didn't struggle like that in school. He's a lot smarter than the movie made him out to be.

It wasn't really portrayed very well in the movie, but I think it was more of the fact that he was undereducated (as in teachers not caring or taking the time with him). They didn't exactly say how far along he came in his academics.

I agree though. The actor didn't do a good job in that regard either.

Radar Chief 05-06-2013 07:19 AM

Well, it was no Water Boy but it wasn’t that bad.

Canofbier 05-06-2013 07:20 AM

My new girlfriend (whose movie repertoire is almost entirely limited to bad romantic comedies) got all taken aback when I said I hadn't seen this movie. Sounds like I'm going to have to watch this pretty soon. :(

Dayze 05-06-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9661070)
Well, it was no Water Boy but it wasn’t that bad.

LMAO

BigRedChief 05-06-2013 07:41 AM

It wasn't that bad. It wasn't meant to be a classic movie. It was poorly acted and formulaic but so are most movies. I agree with others, McGraw does seem to maybe have some acting talent.

Bullock was hot in the movie. Of all the suck ass movies that come out every year, this one didn't even make the top 50 bad movies of the year.

Dayze 05-06-2013 07:42 AM

I thought it was entertaining. I'm sure alot of movies like this are exaggerated in terms of the storyline; why they were made etc.

Dayze 05-06-2013 07:43 AM

I watched Saw III, IV, and V yesterday. I've never had any desire to see any of them. But, at the insistance of my brother etc, I gave it a go.

I'll admit, I was entertained. lol. I still need to see the first 2 though.

luv 05-06-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9661073)
My new girlfriend (whose movie repertoire is almost entirely limited to bad romantic comedies) got all taken aback when I said I hadn't seen this movie. Sounds like I'm going to have to watch this pretty soon. :(

As a lover of bad romantic comedies, I will let you know that this is not one. Just a good ol' feel good movie. But, hey, there's football and football coaches trying to act in it. I don't think you'll suffer too much. :)

Predarat 05-06-2013 08:05 AM

It was decent/mediocre/notbadbutnotgood. Typical hollywood shit but better then a remake.

Brock 05-06-2013 08:14 AM

I thought Nick Saban did an excellent job of acting human.

TEX 05-06-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9658174)
It's got a feelgood plot and everything, but geez.

Outside of Sandra Bullock, the acting is horrid.

The writing is super predictable.

It's like if someone was to write fan-fiction about Michael Oher's personal story.

Too cheesey. All of the "bad guys" in the film are hilariously dumb caricatures, and the characters don't talk or interact like real people.

Anyway.

What were we talking about?

You do realize that this is simply you're opinion that the majority of folks nation-wide disagree with you...

blaise 05-06-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9661237)
You do realize that this is simply you're opinion that the majority of folks nation-wide disagree with you...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he knows it's his opinion.

Saul Good 05-06-2013 08:50 AM

Oher's character was such a stereotypical "big, quiet black guy is a gentle giant, but he will crush you if you are mean to his rich, white family who show him love in a way his original shitty, poor, black family didn't/couldn't...also, he seems dumb and is easily confused by his new life with white people, but he has a wisdom about him that shines through when you get to know him" that it ruined the entire story.

Add in the "black bad guys are so violent that they pull out their guns any time someone even thinks of disagreeing with them" trope, and you've got a true abortion of a film.

It's so patronizing that it ends up being horribly racist while trying to be the opposite. The black guy isn't a person...he's a pet. He's too dumb to take care of himself, so a family has to take care of him. In return, he is loyal to the family, and the viewer's heart breaks when someone dares wrong this sweet and gentle creature.