ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We better draft this mother****er (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265999)

RealSNR 01-06-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288654)
Then I guess the entire forum has changed because just a few short years ago when Hamas, Mecca, OTWP58 and I did that very same thing (albeit, mostly after The Combines), we were all chastised on a daily basis and confronted with "If YOU know so much, why are YOU working for an NFL team?".

Neato.

True fans still ruled the roost back then. The very thought of the draft forum was repulsive to them, and if somebody ever carried their knowledge and expertise into another conversation, that's what created those comments.

They're the same douchebags that would have opposed the SOC Blackout. "You don't know any better, quit acting like you do, etc."

RealSNR 01-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9288682)
1) Geno Smith, QB
2) Xavior Rhodes, CB
3a) Stedman Bailey, WR
3b) Shayne Skov, ILB
4) Zac Dysert/EJ Manuel/Landry Jones, QB
5) Zeke Motta, S

Setsuna 01-06-2013 03:35 PM

Get Percy Harvin.

Chief Roundup 01-06-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9288689)
Siler? No. I just gave you an example of a guy who is, IMO, just as good as Teo skill wise at ILB.

There will be alot of turnover, but you don't have to sink high draft picks on every spot to get a good player.

Obviously, we have to lock up Bowe and Albert. But we are also going to have Jacksons money and Cassels money to use.

There are some intriguing options at FS in this years Free agency class that I would look at. Not specifically pay a guy high money, but for depth wouldn't be a bad idea.

There's always Byrd, from Buffalo, who is a great FS and young.

People keep saying that Tyson Jackson will be released and Dorsey is a FA. That makes DE very important. If we lose both of our starting DE's we will have to use a high pick on DE.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

There will be alot of turnover, but you don't have to sink high draft picks on every spot to get a good player.

Who said anything about "high" draft choice? What the ****?

The position NEEDS to be addressed. You don't trade a 3rd rounder for a receiver IF you have three receivers under contract. As a matter of fact, the Chiefs shouldn't trade for a receiver, period. Too many needs at other positions.

Quote:

Obviously, we have to lock up Bowe and Albert. But we are also going to have Jacksons money and Cassels money to use.

Whatever. It's all about the signing bonus, not the "cap hit".

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9288708)
People keep saying that Tyson Jackson will be released and Dorsey is a FA. That makes DE very important. If we lose both of our starting DE's we will have to use a high pick on DE.

High pick?

No.

Chief Roundup 01-06-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288715)
High pick?

No.

I was meaning 2cd rounder.

O.city 01-06-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288714)
Who said anything about "high" draft choice? What the ****?

The position NEEDS to be addressed. You don't trade a 3rd rounder for a receiver IF you have three receivers under contract. As a matter of fact, the Chiefs shouldn't trade for a receiver, period. Too many needs at other positions.

Whatever. It's all about the signing bonus, not the "cap hit".

It does need addressed.

Curious your feelings on any free agent spending this offseason?

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9288750)
Signing bonus?

The guaranteed money. Give a guy $30 million upfront spread it over 7 years and pay him $500k a year for the first few years. That's the way other teams constantly sign free agent talent.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9288721)
I was meaning 2cd rounder.

First off, no one knows which defensive alignment the Chiefs will use. If they stay in the 3-4, they shouldn't spend anything higher than a 3rd rounder on a 5 tech, if even that.

If they switch to the 4-3, which I think would be a major setback considering the Chiefs have three linebackers in place to effectively run the 3-4, they can address that position in free agency.

There's no reason to spend a 2nd rounder on a DE, period.

Especially when they need a starting safety, ILB, two QB's and depth nearly everywhere.

Sorter 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288779)
First off, no one knows which defensive alignment the Chiefs will use. If they stay in the 3-4, they shouldn't spend anything higher than a 3rd rounder on a 5 tech, if even that.

If they switch to the 4-3, which I think would be a major setback considering the Chiefs have three linebackers in place to effectively run the 3-4, they can address that position in free agency.

There's no reason to spend a 2nd rounder on a DE, period.

If Sheldon Richardson fell, then yes. There's literally no chance of that happening, unless he goes full Dennard and punches a cop in the next month. ROFL

O.city 01-06-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288766)
The guaranteed money. Give a guy $30 million upfront spread it over 7 years and pay him $500k a year for the first few years. That's the way other teams constantly sign free agent talent.

Got it, I edited cause I figured thats waht you were talking about.

O.city 01-06-2013 03:55 PM

What are you guys thoughts on Margus Hunt with one of our 3rd rounders if he's there?

I figure if we stay in the 34, Jackson will be restructured and brought back. Atleast for depth.

DaneMcCloud 01-06-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9288750)
It does need addressed.

Curious your feelings on any free agent spending this offseason?

Dude, it's too early to assess anything.

The Senior Bowl and Combines will provide some information. The first few days of Free Agency will provide some direction.

But until the Chiefs name their offensive and defensive coordinators and begin to assess the roster, it's silly, IMO, to attempt to address anything with a hypothetical.

And JFC, I forgot: CB is a MUCH more important need than DE, even if the Chiefs lose Dorsey and Jackson. FTR, Dorsey can go. Jackson can come back at a reasonable salary. If not, **** 'em both.

O.city 01-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9288800)
Dude, it's too early to assess anything.

The Senior Bowl and Combines will provide some information. The first few days of Free Agency will provide some direction.

But until the Chiefs name their offensive and defensive coordinators and begin to assess the roster, it's silly, IMO, to attempt to address anything with a hypothetical.

And JFC, I forgot: CB is a MUCH more important need than DE, even if the Chiefs lose Dorsey and Jackson. FTR, Dorsey can go. Jackson can come back at a reasonable salary. If not, **** 'em both.

Gotcha.

Seems you are hoping we keep the 34?